Photoscanning

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:19 pm
I have an Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner, using Epson Twain. The instructions for scanning slides into the computer seem very simple and direct - just rest the slide in the holder, remove the large white insert from the lid and proceed with the usual sequence. voila!

Unfortunately, I don't get anywhere with this. Confused

Has anyone any experience with this scanner and its workings? Or any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? I assume that I've misunderstood some insrruction somewhere, but can't figure out which.

Any help will be much appreciated, as I want to scan slides of my paintings into the computer in order to make a master catalog of my work.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 607 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 03:23 pm
Let's narrow down the problem a bit so we can better help you.

Is the scanner working for photos and just not slides?

If it is a new scanner, have you gone through the installation process to add the scanner to your PC's hardware layout?

What does "I don't get anywhere with this" mean? Does the scanner not power up, does it produce an image at all, are you able to preview the image without any problems?

Be my eyes for me and describe the parts that I'm missing by not being there to see what you're seeing.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 04:20 pm
Does the backlight work? To scan slides light from behind the slide needs to be projected through the slide.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2003 07:35 pm
Photoscanning
Craven, and Butrflynet - I'm not ignoring your quick responses to my problem, but I haven't had time to sit down and go through the scanning process and note down everything properly, so that I can give you
the necessary information.

I had hoped that someone would pop up, saying "Ah ha I had that same problem and here's how I solved it!". But I that wasn't very realistic, and I do know better. Embarrassed
0 Replies