Matter at the fundamental stage is waves and vibrations

ughaibu

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 12:52 am
@north,
north;146534 wrote:
character
Philosophers tell stories and these stories revolve around, amongst other things, characters. "Character" should be understood in the sense of 'a character in a play', 'a character I met in the pub', etc.
north

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 12:55 am
@ughaibu,
ughaibu;146537 wrote:
Philosophers tell stories and these stories revolve around, amongst other things, characters. "Character" should be understood in the sense of 'a character in a play', 'a character I met in the pub', etc.

and so ...

carry on
ughaibu

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 01:00 am
@north,
north;146538 wrote:
and so ...

carry on
Carry on with what? Seriously, I can not imagine what it is that you dont understand.
north

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 01:08 am
@ughaibu,
ughaibu;146541 wrote:
Carry on with what? Seriously, I can not imagine what it is that you dont understand.

that charactor has anything to do with what the thread is about
ughaibu

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 01:10 am
@north,
north;146542 wrote:
that charactor has anything to do with what the thread is about
You land on a snake, go back to post five. If you still dont understand, then ask someone else, because if you ask me again, I'll conclude that you're incapable of understanding.
north

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 01:13 am
@ughaibu,
ughaibu;146544 wrote:
You land on a snake, go back to post five. If you still dont understand, then ask someone else, because if you ask me again, I'll conclude that you're incapable of understanding.

I don't understand

then I'm incapable of understanding your point as you put it
0 Replies

prothero

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2010 07:44 pm
@north,
[QUOTE=north;146501] what of the macro world though ? [/QUOTE] On the scale of the very large (cosmology) and the very small (quantum) the world is not at all like we tend to visualize and conceive of it. What are you calling the "macro world"?
[QUOTE=north;146501] which is the ordering of the micro world [/QUOTE]We tend to break the world up into "objects" which we think of as stable, solid, permanent and enduring. These are all illusions and do not stand the test of deep time or of rational investigation. The world is really in a constant state of flux, change and nothing is permanent or enduring over the vast scales of cosmic time. The way we usually conceive of the world is "illusion". Things exist only in relationship to other things not in isolation. Only in the mental realm does perfection and eternal permanence exist not in the "actual or the real" world. The real word is process, change, events, an attempt to actualize the realm of the possible and to create things of value and aesthetic appeal.
0 Replies

metacristi

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 02:57 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;146372 wrote:
Matter is made of waves

Matter at the most fundamental stage is just waves vibrating at different frequencies, maybe at this primordial level it is just quantum foam vibrating out into the universe, creating our reality, in this universe of ours

In other word it is the "Prime Mover?

Well Schrodinger's 'wave only' interpretation of QM does not seem tenable, I doubt that this hypothesis has too many supporters among professional physicists (probably none, given also the re-introduction of aether via the backdoor). Truth is that we just do not know what the fundamental level of reality looks like (or even if we can really know details about that level). Quantum fields, the best approximation we have, are already mathematical constructs 'situated' far from common sense (having both wave and particle properties) and seem to imply 'something' deeper (which we are far from understanding at this moment in time). But I agree with d'Espagnat that we can at least have a 'glimpse' of the fundamental reality via mathematics (realism at QM is not only tenable but appears at this moment in time a more promising path of research than idealism/anti-realism).

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/quant-ph/pdf/9802/9802046v2.pdf
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 02:54 am
@north,
north;146464 wrote:
so tell us what the prime mover is then...

The Creator or God if you like that word
0 Replies

jeeprs

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 03:40 am
@Alan McDougall,
Let's test it out Alan! I'll wave and you vibrate.

1, 2, ......
Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 09:53 am
@jeeprs,
jeeprs;147473 wrote:
Let's test it out Alan! I'll wave and you vibrate.

1, 2, ......

Not so simple you must wave at the correct frequency and I must vibrate in unison with you, only then can we become creators in our own right
0 Replies

jeeprs

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 03:53 pm
@Alan McDougall,
well we have just done that, have we not?
Amperage

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 04:09 pm
@jeeprs,
it's interesting to think about "matter as waves at the fundamental stage" and then think about things like resonance frequencies and how resonance frequencies can shatter things, break things down, or build things up..

I don't really have anything to add, it just popped in my head.
0 Replies

jeeprs

Reply Fri 2 Apr, 2010 04:45 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Pythagoras was the forerunner. Have a look at The Pythagorean Sourcebook. He came up with the theory of harmonic frequencies in sound. But many of the same ideas apply in regard to electro-magnetism.
0 Replies