0
   

Is the theory of everything God?

 
 
Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 01:01 am
Einstein thought out his two great theories in his youth, namely: "his theory of relativity = e= mc (2) and his great general theory "while still in his youth"

Going beyond the great physicists of Sir Isaac Newton. Albert Einstein. He spent the last approx 30 years of his life in vain searching for one equation, one single force, from which all other forces and fundamental laws and energy of the universe emanated, he called it "the Grand Unified Field Force" or the "THEORY OF EVERYTHING" becoming fact


Einstein rejected quantum mechanics saying "god does not play dice with the universe". but he does play dice and he cheats

Another great /physicist/mathematic genius Richard Feynman of the The 20 century said, rightly, "no one understands quantum mechanics"

He was so right, if one claims that they fully understands quantum mechanics and superstring theory they are bending the truth

What was this unified field of forces from which all things in the universe emanated?


Thus TOE= God?

Maybe Einstein and other scientists did not know that the Theory of Everything could lead us to god or a better understanding of god. The god that science could accept


Maybe the universe is colossal thought of the ultimate alpha/omega mind of god?
__________________
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,395 • Replies: 23
No top replies

 
amist
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 01:19 am
@Alan McDougall,
Theory of Everything would be closer to an equation/scientific theory explaining Being than God IMO, I could be wrong though.
0 Replies
 
Fil Albuquerque
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 01:35 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;137131 wrote:


Maybe the universe is colossal thought of the ultimate alpha/omega mind of god?
__________________
ughaibu
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 02:19 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;137131 wrote:
What was this unified field of forces from which all things in the universe emanated?

Thus TOE= God?
Schmidhuber's version of Zuse's thesis moots what he facetiously calls The Great Programmer, I doubt that's what theists generally mean by god, though it would fill some of the prehistorical roles attributed to some gods: Theory of Everything - Digital Physics
0 Replies
 
jeeprs
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 04:38 am
@Alan McDougall,
There is no use trying to reach God, if there is one - and I'm not saying there is or isn't - through thinking about it. Doesn't work, just produces confusion and more talk.

The fact that nobody can work out how the universe works is actually not a bad thing. If we had it all worked out, there would be nothing left to discover. This would be awful. There is still plenty of room left for the imagination.
0 Replies
 
prothero
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 10:11 am
@Alan McDougall,
The theory of everything will not solve or give answers to any of the problems that plaque us on the forum: god, values, aesthetics, knowledge, truth, determinism, mind, etc.
3 of the 4 fundamental physical forces already have a combined theory. The TOE will just combine gravity-space-time with the other three (probably a quantum and indeterministic theory) and you will not even notice the difference when it comes to philosophical problems.
Reconstructo
 
  1  
Reply Sun 7 Mar, 2010 04:56 pm
@prothero,
prothero;137211 wrote:
The theory of everything will not solve or give answers to any of the problems that plaque us on the forum: god, values, aesthetics, knowledge, truth, determinism, mind, etc.
3 of the 4 fundamental physical forces already have a combined theory. The TOE will just combine gravity-space-time with the other three (probably a quantum and indeterministic theory) and you will not even notice the difference when it comes to philosophical problems.


I completely agree. Science be praised but there's a blind spot at its center. To speak metaphorically, it's that same place where the optic nerve connects to the retina.
Alan McDougall
 
  1  
Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 12:25 am
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;137312 wrote:
I completely agree. Science be praised but there's a blind spot at its center. To speak metaphorically, it's that same place where the optic nerve connects to the retina.


Maybe the Big Bang NO??
0 Replies
 
Jakartaman
 
  1  
Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2010 02:53 pm
@prothero,
prothero;137211 wrote:
The theory of everything will not solve or give answers to any of the problems that plaque us on the forum: god, values, aesthetics, knowledge, truth, determinism, mind, etc.
3 of the 4 fundamental physical forces already have a combined theory. The TOE will just combine gravity-space-time with the other three (probably a quantum and indeterministic theory) and you will not even notice the difference when it comes to philosophical problems.

Mankind's knowledge is like an onion that we keep trying to peel away the layers. Humanity is a mere few thousand generations from coming down from the trees. Our "knowledge" is still very very primitive. We still don't know what keeps our butts tied down to the ground.
Is there an intelligent deity? of course we don't know for sure but in the absence of facts otherwise, I find it difficult to understand how any of the know and unknown just Universe(s) came about.
0 Replies
 
HexHammer
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 06:26 am
@Alan McDougall,
Einstein said a lot of fancy stuff, Iirc the general relativity theory was the thing which he spend 30 years trying to prove, which he failed doing.
Alan McDougall
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 11:04 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;159521 wrote:
Einstein said a lot of fancy stuff, Iirc the general relativity theory was the thing which he spend 30 years trying to prove, which he failed doing.


You are wrong his general theory was proved it was the Theory of Everything that eluded him for many years. He was searching TOE the Theory of Everything
0 Replies
 
mishmish
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 11:43 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;137131 wrote:

Maybe the universe is colossal thought of the ultimate alpha/omega mind of god?


Personally, I like this concept a lot and I think it's a great post.

GOD - a force of conscious energy - is the creator of the universe and in-turn the reason for Big Bang to occur. The Big Bang was possible by a spark of thought, from GOD. Science exists because in GOD's stream of thought there is such things such as the laws of physics which can be observed in the physical world. Theories suggesting that parallel universes exist are due to other sparks of thought set-off, by GOD. Each spark and stream of thought has no time frame, although they exist infinitely and simultaneously, and at the same time can have never existed.

I can't suggest any literature or evidence to support my opinion because I'm looking for theories which support such ideas myself. It's still a work in progress for all the sciences.

Meditate on this, I will.
0 Replies
 
Pangloss
 
  1  
Reply Mon 3 May, 2010 11:52 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Yea, I like the concept too. I also like the concept that maybe I am God. Unfortunately, liking a concept doesn't make it any more true than false, so one would need to come up with a good argument here.

Also, Einstein didn't reject QM; much of his work lead to Schrodinger's Equation and other discoveries in modern physics. He just didn't "like" the concept...but he couldn't deny the fact that it worked.
mishmish
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:36 am
@Pangloss,
Pangloss;159809 wrote:
Yea, I like the concept too. I also like the concept that maybe I am God. Unfortunately, liking a concept doesn't make it any more true than false, so one would need to come up with a good argument here.

Also, Einstein didn't reject QM; much of his work lead to Schrodinger's Equation and other discoveries in modern physics. He just didn't "like" the concept...but he couldn't deny the fact that it worked.


Your right, liking a concept doesn't make it any more true than false. How can you make an valid argument for a theory that can't be proven or disproved? Physics observes and measures only one perspective of a particular reality within the physical world. I like the concept that GOD is a creator of the universe, in such manner as I described, as it relates to my self-study including some personal experiences I've experienced recently. I'm not denying any falseness to such ideas and I'm not advocating truth behind it either.

Einstein believed that a GOD existed. As a physicist he had other forms of perception to observe GOD. The perception in conventional physics won't define answers about GOD. The fundamental rules, laws, boundaries and perspectives that exist in the world of that science obscure many other variables that can not be observed using physics, in the physical world today.
0 Replies
 
longfun
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 12:58 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Fil. Albuquerque;137138 wrote:

thx this means that every god worshiped on this planet is wrong.
or better said he maths used by the worshipers is wrong.
0 Replies
 
JPhil
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 May, 2010 03:25 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;137131 wrote:
Einstein thought out his two great theories in his youth, namely: "his theory of relativity = e= mc (2) and his great general theory "while still in his youth"

Going beyond the great physicists of Sir Isaac Newton. Albert Einstein. He spent the last approx 30 years of his life in vain searching for one equation, one single force, from which all other forces and fundamental laws and energy of the universe emanated, he called it "the Grand Unified Field Force" or the "THEORY OF EVERYTHING" becoming fact


Einstein rejected quantum mechanics saying "god does not play dice with the universe". but he does play dice and he cheats

Another great /physicist/mathematic genius Richard Feynman of the The 20 century
said, rightly, "no one understands quantum mechanics"

He was so right, if one claims that they fully understands quantum mechanics and superstring theory they are bending the truth

What was this unified field of forces from which all things in the universe emanated?


Thus TOE= God?

Maybe Einstein and other scientists did not know that the Theory of Everything could lead us to god or a better understanding of god. The god that science could accept


Maybe the universe is colossal thought of the ultimate alpha/omega mind of god?
__________________



The theory of everything eh? Where all knowledge and all things first existed. I don't think it would be a theory is all existence and knowledge originated from it, it would just be truth. Then what Einstein was really looking for is the truth. It makes since that where wall knowledge came from would be from the truth and all other truths and lies came after. Then God is the truth since all existence and knowledge came from him.
longfun
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 12:18 am
@JPhil,
JPhil;160122 wrote:
The theory of everything eh? Where all knowledge and all things first existed. I don't think it would be a theory is all existence and knowledge originated from it, it would just be truth. Then what Einstein was really looking for is the truth. It makes since that where wall knowledge came from would be from the truth and all other truths and lies came after. Then God is the truth since all existence and knowledge came from him.

The only way to do that is by using open logic...
JPhil
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 10:42 am
@longfun,
longfun;160230 wrote:
The only way to do that is by using open logic...


Hmm. what do you mean?
longfun
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 May, 2010 02:42 pm
@JPhil,
JPhil;160439 wrote:
Hmm. what do you mean?

free or open logic is the logic behind for example
Empty set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and
Open set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it Keeps all doors open, and the result is truly relative to the observer, change the observer and you change the outcome.
I mean if we find a theory of everything it will be a theory very usable in observed range, but only imaginary usefull in the unobserved range.
And the fun thing is that it will function outside our real.
ps. if a god exists it must be an empty set.
JPhil
 
  1  
Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 05:53 am
@longfun,
longfun;160581 wrote:
free or open logic is the logic behind for example
Empty set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and
Open set - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
it Keeps all doors open, and the result is truly relative to the observer, change the observer and you change the outcome.
I mean if we find a theory of everything it will be a theory very usable in observed range, but only imaginary usefull in the unobserved range.
And the fun thing is that it will function outside our real.
ps. if a god exists it must be an empty set.


What do you mean by the god is the empty set?
 

Related Topics

How can we be sure? - Discussion by Raishu-tensho
Proof of nonexistence of free will - Discussion by litewave
morals and ethics, how are they different? - Question by existential potential
Destroy My Belief System, Please! - Discussion by Thomas
Star Wars in Philosophy. - Discussion by Logicus
Existence of Everything. - Discussion by Logicus
Is it better to be feared or loved? - Discussion by Black King
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Is the theory of everything God?
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 08/05/2020 at 11:14:19