Why is there only something?

Rwa001

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 02:35 am
@kennethamy,
The problem with this question is that 'nothing' is in itself 'something'. If the sock drawer is empty, then inside it is nothing. Nothing has become something, because it is describing what IS in the drawer. This is either a fault in our logic or our language, but as it stands we can't really get around this question.
Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 02:47 am
@Rwa001,
Rwa001;139817 wrote:
The problem with this question is that 'nothing' is in itself 'something'. If the sock drawer is empty, then inside it is nothing. Nothing has become something, because it is describing what IS in the drawer. This is either a fault in our logic or our language, but as it stands we can't really get around this question.

Nothing is not an empty space, it is the total absence of space, time energy forces energy when everything is removed then the indescribably lack of all existence happens

Absolute nothingness is a negation to which no word exist , how do you describe a state of non being?
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 03:17 am
@Alan McDougall,
I just made some coffee, but I didn't
I made a beverage containing coffee
Nothing,,,, Not a thing
Void

---------- Post added 03-15-2010 at 04:27 AM ----------

But who made the coffee?
Do I really care?
Not while I have some
Does this matter
If there is not a thing in my pot it matters
To me
Rwa001

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 04:01 am
@wayne,
Quote:
Nothing is not an empty space, it is the total absence of space, time energy forces energy when everything is removed then the indescribably lack of all existence happens

Absolute nothingness is a negation to which no word exist , how do you describe a state of non being?

That's what I was saying the problem is. Even an absence is a thing. And if there's something then there's not nothing. If we've got something or nothing then we've got (A v ~A), but even if we have ~A, that's still something. We can only have the 'or' operation with two things, necessarily qualifying 'nothing' as something if we look at it this way.
Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 05:33 am
@Rwa001,
Rwa001;139836 wrote:
That's what I was saying the problem is. Even an absence is a thing. And if there's something then there's not nothing. If we've got something or nothing then we've got (A v ~A), but even if we have ~A, that's still something. We can only have the 'or' operation with two things, necessarily qualifying 'nothing' as something if we look at it this way.

In other words there "IS ONLY SOMETHING" the nothingness is just a mathematical equation
0 Replies