The 25 Points of Hitler's Nazi Party A precuser of evil

Aedes

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 10:12 am
@Alan McDougall,
I have read Maus, but it was a very long time ago, around the time I finished college ~ 14 years ago. I had an exceptionally hard time reading Night -- my grandfather was on the same death march as Elie Wiesel (or probably was, it's hard to be too sure).
0 Replies

Dave Allen

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 10:17 am
@Alan McDougall,
It always stuck me - as someone who has had little contact with people affected badly by the events in central Europe during the war - as a very fair document.

Despite (or perhaps because of) the format.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 08:23 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Apartheid imprisoned, tortured, and even murdered people in SA but this was not mass murder of millions of Jewish, Slavic, Gypsy or the unspeakable crimes of the Nazis who murdered millions of innocent woman, children, old people of the but this cannot remotely be equated to to the unspeakable evil horror of the NAZI regime

There were, however some similarities, namely excluding black people as somehow inferior due to the color of their skin They even justified it to themselves by quoting from the bible, after all god did the same when he separated the twelve tribes of Israel, thus their creating of Bantu-stands small areas of SA give reluctantly to the black people in some vain hope they would satisfy the world by "their kindness"

Most people who were in the front line of the SA Struggle are alive today even our president is a former fighter for freedom, unlike the millions who are dead due to the Holocaust, to compare the two is silly. It is like comparing a cockroach to a dinosaur
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 08:34 pm
@Alan McDougall,
I think you're really missing the point, Alan.

The uniqueness of the Holocaust should not blind us to the fact that many other sophisticated modern nations, including that in SA, have committed crimes against entire populations. You'd think that after WWII the world would have learned better -- but the parallels were not seen (even with a massive influx of European Jewish survivors into SA after 1945).
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 03:13 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;121472 wrote:
Evil to be Xenophobic about your own fellow German citizens , namely the innocent Jews effected by the unimaginable depravity of the Nazi regime

I simple cant rap my mind around this unspeakable evil, murdering innocent people by the million, it becomes surreal to me. I have difficult dealing with this base evil, how could a civilized people allow millions of men, woman and children to be burned in the gas ovens. Most animal slaughterhouses are more humane.

I get very very angry when people try to find excuses for the utter bestiality of the NAZI regime
Dude, pull your head out of your ass.
You are too easily swayed by propaganda which rubs dirty at the Nazies (rightfully so) but totally avoids to smere Stalin who was equally as cruel. ..btw how was it that USA got founded? Didn't millions of indian die during the colonization times?

Sorry to say, you are a bit naive.
Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 05:45 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;137449 wrote:
Dude, pull your head out of your ass.
You are too easily swayed by propaganda which rubs dirty at the Nazies (rightfully so) but totally avoids to smere Stalin who was equally as cruel. ..btw how was it that USA got founded? Didn't millions of indian die during the colonization times?

Sorry to say, you are a bit naive.

That sort of language is not tolerated in this forum. The point of this thread revolves around Hitler and his evil cronies, Why use Stalin he has nothing to do with this thread?
HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 06:28 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;137463 wrote:
That sort of language is not tolerated in this forum. The point of this thread revolves around Hitler and his evil cronies, Why use Stalin he has nothing to do with this thread?
I'm sorry I appologize for my stupid outburst.

It wasn't Hitler as of such that did the misdeed with the jews, he just orderd a solution, whatever happend to them was not a brainchild of his, just his acceptance of getting rid of them the one way or the other.

If you look historically at it, jews was not allowed to own land back in the ancient times, therefore they relyed on banking and other things that didn't involed land. From that sprung a strong network which might have sparked the deeper hate for the jews in the nazi regime, because this network often was in the way.

If you say Hitler was evil, then you must say Henry Ford (founder of Ford cars) because he was an outspoken jew hater, even got a medal from Hitler for his hate.

What I mean by my last offending words in former post, is that Hitler was outspoken of his oppinions, but modern regimes are very suble about such things and let spindoctors spin it out, resulting in people agreeing with horrible actions from the goverment.

Bush's speeches of war and such wasn't all that different, and ill view on human rights, just look at Guantanamo base with torture, disregarding many hundred years of human rights philosophy, all swept away and nothing done about it in Bush's time of terror.

Imo you are too focues on Hitler, imo he wasn't much more cynically than other leaders, just his scale of action is.
Arjuna

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 07:23 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;137471 wrote:
Imo you are too focues on Hitler, imo he wasn't much more cynically than other leaders, just his scale of action is.
I've thought a lot about scale of action, and how we use that to judge the seriousness of a crime. I worked out a list once of the worst things that humans have done to themselves in terms of scale.

An alternate method might be per capita. I concluded that either method misses the point. If one person is murdered, it's not less of a crime because it's not on the worst list.

All the worst list shows is the level of power a culture had. Pure power is demonstrated both ways: in the worst and the best (in terms of scale.)
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 01:02 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;137471 wrote:
I'm sorry I appologize for my stupid outburst.

It wasn't Hitler as of such that did the misdeed with the jews, he just orderd a solution, whatever happend to them was not a brainchild of his, just his acceptance of getting rid of them the one way or the other.

If you look historically at it, jews was not allowed to own land back in the ancient times, therefore they relyed on banking and other things that didn't involed land. From that sprung a strong network which might have sparked the deeper hate for the jews in the nazi regime, because this network often was in the way.

If you say Hitler was evil, then you must say Henry Ford (founder of Ford cars) because he was an outspoken jew hater, even got a medal from Hitler for his hate.

What I mean by my last offending words in former post, is that Hitler was outspoken of his oppinions, but modern regimes are very suble about such things and let spindoctors spin it out, resulting in people agreeing with horrible actions from the goverment.

Bush's speeches of war and such wasn't all that different, and ill view on human rights, just look at Guantanamo base with torture, disregarding many hundred years of human rights philosophy, all swept away and nothing done about it in Bush's time of terror.

One persons evil does not excuse another persons evil. The difference between Heny Ford is that Hitler was a monster a brutal mass murder and Ford was just a bigot
HexHammer

Reply Tue 9 Mar, 2010 05:30 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;137798 wrote:
One persons evil does not excuse another persons evil. The difference between Heny Ford is that Hitler was a monster a brutal mass murder and Ford was just a bigot
Since you claim he killed all these jews, then you must know excatly what part he played. Else your just a blind fanatic, that heed popular propaganda.
0 Replies

BrightNoon

Reply Thu 11 Mar, 2010 07:03 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;121172 wrote:

1. We demand the union of all Germans in a Great Germany on the basis of the principle of self-determination of all peoples.

2. We demand that the German people have rights equal to those of other nations; and that the Peace Treaties of Versailles and St. Germain shall be abrogated.

9. All citizens must possess equal rights and duties.

19. We demand that Roman law, which serves a materialist ordering of the world, be replaced by German common law.
[/SIZE]

Most of the 25 points of the manifesto indeed foreshadow the totalitarian state that Hitler would bring into existence. However, the four that I listed above seem quite appropriate and reasonable. If I were making a political manifesto, absolute national sovereignty, the equality of all citizens before the law, and the rule of common law would be tenets that I would include.

Of course, Hitler used the first two points to rearm Germany and start a world war, the second he ignored utterly, and the third became essentially irrelevant once the rule of law was thrown out altogether after the Reichstag fire.
0 Replies