My essay on time manipulation and the twin paradox

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:24 am

Everything is relative or objective

Nothing is really as it seems to us and all things are subjective to the observer. Everything is relative to each person from the viewpoint.

Comparative readings, of two almost unimaginably accurate precision atomic clocks located on fast moving spacecraft and airplanes and on earth, have detected this strange skewing of time and proved Einstein's theory of relativity to be fact.

Stop all the clocks in the universe and movement will continue unaffected.

Stop all movement and the illusion we call time will stop and nothing ever happen again.

As an object approached the speed of light it becomes more and compressed (It occupies less and less space), distorts the fabric of space time and time slows on the speeding object when compared to an object stationary state, it left at its source.

Let the Object equate to a spaceship if you like.

Time is much like an elastic string which can only be stretched in one direction namely; into the future.

The twin paradox describes what happens. Twins; One boards a spacecraft that accelerates to near light speed, on say a voyage to Alpha Centauri, some four light years from earth.

The other remains on the home planet. Ten years later the bother who went to Alpha Centauri returns having aged only "one subjective year" because time has moved slower for him, "relative" to his brother who remained on the home planet, where time moved at the "normal rate"

Why and how did this ageing difference happen?, why has the spaceman one brother become twenty years younger than his brother who remained at home? or the reverse if you like!

There is no absolute time, time moves differently from one object to the next and in one location to the next according to its "gravity mass and density" Condense the matter on a object, into smaller and "smaller volume" and you alter gravity and the flow of time on its surface. This is the reason that time stops in a black hole of infinite density

Note; this will really happen if we develop near light speed space vehicles

A year of subjective time has passed for the twin on the spaceship, when compared to twenty year older brother who has somehow aged at a 1/20 ratio. The brother who remained at home is a grey haited old man of say 65 and his returning brother just one year older at 26 years of age

An enigmatic paradox but absolutely true and real. One exciting, but far distant use of this effect is the real possibility of reaching nearly any moment in the future.

Given enough speed and enormous energy, one could reach the Olympic Games of the year C.E. 3108, in a matter of a few subjective days or even return a million years later only older be maybe a decade or so older.

Backward times travel to the past, is a fantasy and if this were possible, a person could do the impossible and go back and murder their younger self.

There is no universal now! Events are simply there, hanging in space-time Time cannot exist without space and space cannot exist without time.

We only conceive of time by the movement of an object through space, so space and time are different realities of the same thing and can only exist where movement is allowed. For example, stop all movement in the universe and you have stopped time, have you not? Therefore, there is really only one reality all bond up into and combined into what I call "spacetimemovement."

There is simply no universal now and each moment is unique to the observer

By Alan McDougall 29/8/2007
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,699 • Replies: 3
No top replies

richrf

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 10:22 am
@Alan McDougall,
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the essay. A few comments:

Alan McDougall;71703 wrote:

Stop all movement and the illusion we call time will stop and nothing ever happen again.

Bentov uses this as the basis for his view of life his book, Stalking the Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of Consciousness, in which he suggests that all of life is oscillating movements, and that at the peak of oscillation, as with a pendulum, everything stops for a moment and expands into infinite space - and then it starts again.

Quote:
As an object approached the speed of light it becomes more and compressed (It occupies less and less space), distorts the fabric of space time and time slows on the speeding object when compared to an object stationary state, it left at its source.
The nature of light intrigues me. I am reading a book Catching the Light: the Entwined History of Light and Mind, by Zajonc, which is quite good.

[QUOTE]We only conceive of time by the movement of an object through space, so space and time are different realities of the same thing and can only exist where movement is allowed. For example, stop all movement in the universe and you have stopped time, have you not? Therefore, there is really only one reality all bond up into and combined into what I call "spacetimemovement."[/QUOTE]

I like the way you suggest it. In dreams, space/time, as we generally view it, ceases, and there is no movement as we know it. How this happens, all of a sudden, is something else that intrigues me.

Quote:
There is simply no universal now and each moment is unique to the observer
Yes. I see it in a similar way.

Rich
Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 06:37 pm
@richrf,
richrf;71763 wrote:
Hi Alan,

Thanks for the essay. A few comments:

Bentov uses this as the basis for his view of life his book, Stalking the Wild Pendulum: On the Mechanics of Consciousness, in which he suggests that all of life is oscillating movements, and that at the peak of oscillation, as with a pendulum, everything stops for a moment and expands into infinite space - and then it starts again.

The nature of light intrigues me. I am reading a book Catching the Light: the Entwined History of Light and Mind, by Zajonc, which is quite good.

I like the way you suggest it. In dreams, space/time, as we generally view it, ceases, and there is no movement as we know it. How this happens, all of a sudden, is something else that intrigues me.

Yes. I see it in a similar way.

Rich

Hi

I posted I similar thread in the uncategorised subforum and there were two guys (forum members) who kept disputing the scientific accuracy of my understating of the Twin Paradox and the distortion of time and space, by acceleration up to near C speed of light

It is refressing to see somone validate my understanding of the physics of time in its relation to matter, gravity,and speed.

I have done my best to simplify the whole thing, so members with no knowledge of physics could grasp with I am trying to convey

You are correct, do we ever arrive at a single moment, it is gone before it can be measured just like your pendulum, it must move to keep time. Strange as it might be, maybe the pendulum does stop momentarily at the bottom of its swing and the entire universe swing relative to it. Do we ever reach a moment in time?

(They insisted for instance in saying that the force of gravity has no effect on time etc)

Peace to you!
Thank you

Alan
richrf

Reply Wed 24 Jun, 2009 07:24 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall;71917 wrote:
(They insisted for instance in saying that the force of gravity has no effect on time etc)

Peace to you!
Thank you

Alan

Hi,

The way I would say it, would be that gravity is a manifestation of the space/time continuum, and that mass curves space/time. Hawkings does a marvelous job of explaining this all in his book.

Rich
0 Replies