My letter to my athiest brother

jeeprs

Reply Tue 30 Jun, 2009 03:38 pm
@Alan McDougall,
What spiritual liberation is really all about, of course! You really think all of the yogis, devotees, meditators, mendicants, sages, seekers and sadhakas of this world have spent the last few millenia in ardent pursuit of self-delusion, and that atheists have worked this out?

To quote Manhatten Transfer "Until you feel it, you can't reveal it, you have to have it happen to you to know how it feels." Ergo no use trying to explain it, and I shall henceforth desist from so doing.

Speaking of 'the heart', I had a very interesting article called 'Acquisition of Donor Traits by Heart Transplant Recipients' which I can't quite find at the moment. The gist of it was that persons receiving donor hearts displayed unambiguous evidence that they had acquired certain characterstics of the heart donor, including, for example, the love of classical music. It seems to have vanished back into cyberspace but it was a good read.

Cheers and all the best.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

I am signing off at this point because I have no wish to persuade or convert. This is not an argument, it is an expression of an emotional attitude on both sides. One is pre-disposed to believe that spirituality is at best subjective, at worst delusion, the other that God is something joyful and lifegiving. I am afraid the gulf is unbridgeable.
xris

Reply Wed 1 Jul, 2009 02:17 am
@jeeprs,
I think your right certain beliefs are so personel they can not be debated.
0 Replies