Remote viewing does it happen

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 08:55 am
Hi,

Please don't shoot me down in flames for suggesting we debate and possibly experiment with the idea of remote viewing

The CIA and the Russian secret service were both deeply involved in this type of ability We often see on TV programs where some psychic or other seem to know about the locality of a crime although they are thousand of miles from the scene of the crime

I really do not think that this ability is restricted only to so called psychics, the Australian aborigine, who still live the old life, seem to have retained this sixth sense. Did anyone see the movie, the "Rabbit Proof Fence". I think we all have these abilities laying dormant, simply because we have become so civilised that we no longer need it.

I think when humans lived huge distances from each other and any contact between separated loved ones might take , months or years to get together or pass communication between them .Remember the Pony Express?, now that was the email of the day!

I think we should be brave and try it on each other. Strangely the less you know about a person and where they live the more accurate it becomes.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,900 • Replies: 54
No top replies

KaseiJin

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 09:05 am
@Alan McDougall,
The basic concept you are hitting on is paranormal, and usually science (at least) does not go into that area too much--perhaps mostly the skeptics do. I, for one, would at least like to see paranormal ideas and assertions tested better--control groups, blind and double blind tests, etc.

I have heard of the idea of our having lost some extra sense (having such sensory perception ability lying dormant--the author of The Mustard Seed had pushed such an idea--but I am not convinced of any worthy accuracy of that yet. The limbic system can very well be seen as much of the older brain, and it does rely heavily on pure sensory caused emotion--but what sensory input would bring information beyond the basic 5? How can that notion be tested? I'm not sure it can be . . .
Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 09:46 am
@KaseiJin,
KaseiJin wrote:
The basic concept you are hitting on is paranormal, and usually science (at least) does not go into that area too much--perhaps mostly the skeptics do. I, for one, would at least like to see paranormal ideas and assertions tested better--control groups, blind and double blind tests, etc.

I have heard of the idea of our having lost some extra sense (having such sensory perception ability lying dormant--the author of The Mustard Seed had pushed such an idea--but I am not convinced of any worthy accuracy of that yet. The limbic system can very well be seen as much of the older brain, and it does rely heavily on pure sensory caused emotion--but what sensory input would bring information beyond the basic 5? How can that notion be tested? I'm not sure it can be . . .

etc

That is why I want us to try it out on each other. I have experimented on another forum with remarkable results. Just by remembering the avatar title of a forum member and on going to bed, think about it and wait patiently for a picture to appear in my minds eye.

The less you know about the person and about where they reside the better the result.

And strangely the less you try to direct the process the more accurate the result
xris

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:24 am
@Alan McDougall,
Dowsers are used to find water but blind testing has proved on more than one occasion that just guessing can be just as successful.I would love for it to be proved but no one has succeeded so far.
The tests that have given positive results have been discounted by others because they believe the tester was influencing the results.
The American navy spent millions on experiments but eventually gave up on it.Sorry to be negative Alan..Xris
Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 10:55 am
@xris,
xris wrote:
Dowsers are used to find water but blind testing has proved on more than one occasion that just guessing can be just as successful.I would love for it to be proved but no one has succeeded so far.
The tests that have given positive results have been discounted by others because they believe the tester was influencing the results.
The American navy spent millions on experiments but eventually gave up on it.Sorry to be negative Alan..Xris

No problem xris this type of thing does not lend itself to careful observation, and statistical method.

Physicists and science have observed a type of quantum connectivity between all fundamental particles in the universe, called non- locality and interconnectedness. This is a scientific proved reality, they have observed for instance, that if one electron, shoots off an atom in an anti- clock direction, its counter part a billion light years apart somehow instantly becomes aware of this and shoots of its atom in a clockwise direction.

By extrapolation of course

This instantaneous communication seems to defy Einstein law that nothing can exceed the speed of light, including communication

This method is what science will do to create and design the quantum , it will process data at almost infinite speed. There are statements in the chambers of scientific thought that the quantum computer will be able to solve an equation, in ONE HOUR that would take all the computing power of the world a "50 billion" years to do, longer than the age of the universe mind boggling

I could give some links, but I dont think Justin likes us using links. check it out for yourself google quantum computer

This is solid science, not spooky esoteric rubbish. Science thinks this interconnectivity might explain much of the so called spiritual phenomenon scientifically and I agree with them
xris

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 11:14 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
No problem xris this type of thing does not lend itself to careful observation, and statistical method.

Physicists and science have observed a type of quantum connectivity between all fundamental particles in the universe, called non- locality and interconnectedness. This is a scientific proved reality, they have observed for instance, that if one electron, shoots off an atom in an anti- clock direction, its counter part a billion light years apart somehow instantly becomes aware of this and shoots of its atom in a clockwise direction.

By extrapolation of course

This instantaneous communication seems to defy Einstein law that nothing can exceed the speed of light, including communication

This method is what science will do to create and design the quantum , it will process data at almost infinite speed. There are statements in the chambers of scientific thought that the quantum computer will be able to solve an equation, in ONE HOUR that would take all the computing power of the world a "50 billion" years to do, longer than the age of the universe mind boggling

I could give some links, but I dont think Justin likes us using links. check it out for yourself google quantum computer

This is solid science, not spooky esoteric rubbish. Science thinks this interconnectivity might explain much of the so called spiritual phenomenon scientifically and I agree with them
Another link to a book Alan "The swing of the wild pendulum" i think thats its name.Amazing book well worth reading.QM is all over it.One of those books that can change your concept on almost everything..
0 Replies

bioharmony

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 12:00 pm
@KaseiJin,
For controlled studies with respect to remote viewing see the "PEAR Studies" and the work of Russel Targ.

I attemped a simple remote viewing 'exercise' with a patient. Before the experiment I had spent less than 2 hours in total with this person.

The 'exercise': To draw/describe what I was seeing at a particular - he had no idea where I was at that time. I was, in fact, 30 Kms away at the time.

Result: In my estimation his drawing was 80% correct.

KaseiJin wrote:

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Remote viewing experiments have been undertaken for over 50 years. Therefore 'old hat'.

Let us consider the following: 'remote viewing is a by-product of consciousness and nonlocality.

Also, why is 'it' not as common as it used to be. Possibly, in my opinion, it has to do with what I term Street Philosophy.
[CENTER][CENTER]Street Philosophy -

'When a person's thoughts and intentions (consciousness and nonlocality) are NOT instinctively linked to nature and the universe' he is 'nothing but infinitely small particles on the surface of a grain of a dust lost in the immensity of the cosmos.
Dr Jay Carson
[derived from the views of to Dr R.Targ and Dr A.Carrel (Nobel Laureate 1873-1944)][/CENTER][/CENTER]

But you say, 'What is consciousness' - it is 'impossible' to define?.

Therefore more street philosophy

[CENTER][CENTER] 'Consciousness is a state in which a man knows all at once everything that in general he knows and [/CENTER][/CENTER]
in which he can see how little he does know and how many contradictions there are in what he knows'
[CENTER][CENTER] G.I. Gurdjieff[/CENTER][/CENTER]
[CENTER][CENTER]
Brahman - The inexpressible the indescribable - the ultimate reality[/CENTER][/CENTER]
Hinduism
[CENTER][CENTER]

[/CENTER][/CENTER]
bioharmony

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:32 pm
@bioharmony,
To clarify my views on consciousness and nonlocality with respect to remote viewing let us use and "accept" for this short discussion the following definitions they are not laid in stone. ( I may have been a bit hasty in my first post)

An interesting definition of 'Consciousness" from a Western & English language perspective AND from a traditional or linear perspective:
[CENTER][CENTER] [/CENTER][/CENTER]
'Consciousness is the critical biological function that allows us to know sorrow, or know joy, to know suffering or know pleasure.'
[CENTER][CENTER] Prof Antonio Damasio [/CENTER][/CENTER]

Consciousness narrowly defined from a non-linear, non-local perspective:

'Consciousness and non-locality are when a persons
[CENTER][CENTER]thoughts and intentions are instinctively linked to nature and the universe.' Dr R Targ[/CENTER][/CENTER]

Western man (in particular) has lost touch with both nature and with himself - the reason many skills abilities of the past have waned. Also, because many people he no longer takes responsibility for their actions. However, many still posses these skills.

These skills are freely available and the exercises to achieve them relatively simple. However, very few have the discipline or 'desire' to practice and live a different way of life in order to develop multiple perspectives of and on life.

In fact, it is very difficult to meet real people nowadays.

[CENTER][CENTER] [/CENTER][/CENTER]
xris

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:46 pm
@bioharmony,
The ideas are fantastic the reality is a not so clear or so easily proven.Many make claims but few survive the examination......
bioharmony

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 02:53 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
The ideas are fantastic the reality is a not so clear or so easily proven.Many make claims but few survive the examination......

One well documentd example in modern time is Paramahansa Yogananda. He talked the walk and walked the talk - this expression may not be quite right but I am sure you get the drift
Alan McDougall

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2009 05:14 pm
@bioharmony,
Hey people,

Here is my first attempt at RV

First I saw someone in a wooden grassy area and then the picture changed to that below Oh !! there was lot of mist or fog?

I see a winding river much like the Grand Canyon. someone above is putting on what appears to be brown lace up boots as if they are going on a hike, or maybe planning a hike etc

This might mean some looking at this post might be considering a hike to the Grand Canyon or a similar place

It might be symbolic, reflect a past hike or journey or even a future event

It might not resonate with anyone, but if there is an inactive guest of viewer to whom this rings a bell could you come in with some verification

Now I have really put my head on a block , but why not? :perplexed:
0 Replies

bioharmony

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 02:27 am
@KaseiJin,
KaseiJin wrote:

In addition to remote viewing the effectiveness of remote healing via group prayer has been evaluated via controlled experiments. Group prayer when non specific* has been found to be effective. This is well documented.

The prayer is NOT aimed at a specific disease but is for a general healing.
Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 06:16 am
@bioharmony,
bioharmony wrote:
KaseiJin wrote:

In addition to remote viewing the effectiveness of remote healing via group prayer has been evaluated via controlled experiments. Group prayer when non specific* has been found to be effective. This is well documented.

The prayer is NOT aimed at a specific disease but is for a general healing.

Like I previously stated, the paranormal as you call it does not lend its self the scientific empirical testing. Somehow the closer you monitor an experiment the less accurate it becomes

Strangly the more you try and stain to remote you the less accurate it becomes, the less you know about your target the better and more accurate the result. The less you try the better the result, sort of gain not strain , if you get my drift

Last night all I did was lay down , relax quietly in the dark and waited for a vision to appear on my eye lids.I call this eye lid visions and I am sure most people have had them at some time or the other.

I know the visions are not really on the eye lids but there is an illusion that your brain is projecting images directly onto your closed eyes.

I have experienced these eye lid vision in such detail that they appear much more vivid than a TV screen

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

xris wrote:
Another link to a book Alan "The swing of the wild pendulum" i think thats its name.Amazing book well worth reading.QM is all over it.One of those books that can change your concept on almost everything..

Hi xris I will try and get the book "Swing of the Pendulum" thank you for the suggestion , I will try the local library first
bioharmony

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 06:50 am
@Alan McDougall,
I believe the book you are looking for is called "Stalking the Wild Pendulum" by Itzak Benton. Another interesting book in similar vein is 'Nothing in this book is True" Both make interesting readng

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

Hi xris I will try and get the book "Swing of the Pendulum" thank you for the suggestion , I will try the local library first[/quote]
xris

Reply Mon 27 Apr, 2009 06:58 am
@bioharmony,
bioharmony wrote:
I believe the book you are looking for is called "Stalking the Wild Pendulum" by Itzak Benton. Another interesting book in similar vein is 'Nothing in this book is True" Both make interesting readng

Hi xris I will try and get the book "Swing of the Pendulum" thank you for the suggestion , I will try the local library first
[/quote]Thats it..it was about twenty years ago, i believe..thanks xris.
0 Replies

validity

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 04:08 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
I have experimented on another forum with remarkable results.
Can the theory, experimental design and results be presented here for discussion?
Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 04:55 pm
@validity,
validity wrote:
Can the theory, experimental design and results be presented here for discussion?

Yes I would like that and would also like members brave enough on this thread to give RV a bash to prove or disprove it between ourselves
validity

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 05:59 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
Yes I would like that and would also like members brave enough on this thread to give RV a bash to prove or disprove it between ourselves
Will you present the theory, experimental design and results here for discussion?

I would lkie to see the experimental design before I declare my willingness to participate.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 08:22 pm
@bioharmony,
[CENTER]Alan McDougall
[/CENTER]

[CENTER][CENTER][/CENTER]
Mar 3rd, 2008, 4:35am

Hello all I have attempted a remote viewing on some of the forum members, for what it is worth, mainly just for fun so lets see. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]"Note I am new at this and a lot of what I saw could just be symbolic" [/CENTER]

[CENTER].
Bets [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Many many trees home nestled in them. Strange I is see what looks like a large key board similar to a brail typewriter and a safe with a combination lock [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Don [/CENTER]

[CENTER]I see a beautiful city with golden fountains of water, something like the hanging gardens of Babylon. In addition, a white horse and rider with a crown and bow, his hair if flowing backward from the speed he is riding. Don is at his desk studious and focusing on some vexing mystery or problem. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Dave [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Dave a nice house Dave is sitting on a couch and at the back of him is some sort of large screen TV the Twin Towers are burning and he appears to not yet aware of it [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Ulra [/CENTER]

[CENTER]A young man standing on a lawn in the evening looking at a large house or lights lit up in the dark. This is rather vague I know! [/CENTER]

[CENTER]George [/CENTER]

[CENTER]A house with some sort of metal palisades. A window George enjoys looking out of. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Juditha, [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Juditha vision is very clear she is looking out on the water, could be a lake or ocean, she sees a woman in white whose hands are outstretched to greet her in joy. The moon and its beautiful reflection on the water is lighting up the night [/CENTER]

[CENTER]"If you guys don't like it posted here I will move it off topic" [/CENTER]

[/CENTER]

[RIGHT][RIGHT][CENTER][/CENTER]
[/RIGHT]
[/RIGHT]
[CENTER]betson
Super Member[/CENTER]

Re: My effort to remote view some forum members

Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:30am
Greetings Alan and All, [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Remote viewing has often been discussed here, Alan, so I for one see no reason this topic should be moved. It prepares us for the non-physical afterlife--to hear of non-physical explorations, as well as to take part in them. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Regarding what you saw at 'Bets' ':
Yes, the area I live in was a woods, and houses were built here without taking down many trees. I don't know what a braille typewriter looks like, but we have a small 4' long electric piano that is mostly keyboard, and also a desk that was once a melodian ---a keyboard type instrument but the keys have been replace with a writing surface; can loved wood have a memory of its former life? A safe is out in view in the den ( why I don't know) but we use locks since our brains now have trouble with combinations. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]So I'd say one definite yes, and two probables--excellent! The probables develope, I'm told, when your Interpretor-part of your mind gives your consciousness an image that is closest to an archetype of the subject. But emphasizing the type may change some details. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Congratulations!
Bets [/CENTER]

[CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER]juditha
Super Member[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Afterlife Knowledge
Member[/CENTER]

[CENTER] Mar 3rd, 2008, 1:56pm
Hi alan This is great what you seen of me as i had been dreaming all night long about spirit the other night and one of the visions they showed me was of a small lake and this lake had 3 moons above it and one moon was red one moon was blue and one moon was yellow and i was talking to my friend about painting this scene of what i was shown in the spiritworld and my friend came round to see me and she was dressed in white. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]My friend will be amazed tommorow when i show her what you have written,congratulations from me as well alan.If you look on the dream forum you will see that i posted a couple of days ago about my dreaming all night about the spiritworld. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Love and God bless love juditha
Back to top [/CENTER]

[CENTER]
ultra

[CENTER][/CENTER]
Hi Alan, [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Perhaps vague, but maybe not so far off either.
I usually do a walking meditation in the evening for 1-2 hours when it is more peaceful.
It is a daily practice that I am very fond of. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]One favorite destination is a park about a mile from my house that has many paths I like to walk around silently or chant and sing. The large house lit up in the dark could be peoples' houses in the area at night or the night sky itself. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]
Berserk2

[/CENTER]

Alan, [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Yesterday (Sunday) I preached on the prophet Ezekiel's Vision of the Valley of Dry Bones (Ezekiel 37:1-14). The text deals with the exile of the Jews after the Babylonian destruction of Jerusalem and its Temple and the forced exile of the Jewish survivors to Babylon. Of course, I was drawing lessons from the miraculous return to Jerusalem, but before I did, I GAVE AN EXTENSIVE DESCRIPTION OF THE CITY OF BABYLON AND ITS DELIGHTS. In your remote viewing of me, you locate me by Babylon's HangingGardens. I'd say that's quite an impressive synchronicity! Congratulations! [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Don
[/CENTER]

[CENTER] [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Alan McDougall
[CENTER][/CENTER]

I wll view you tonight and post back to validate like the others, anyone reading this thread can ask me and i will do the same for them [/CENTER]

Varga, [/CENTER]

[CENTER]You have a strange mind and been to some strange places. "ignore time I this viewing". I see someone coming out of an arched old wooden door of some type and then going back into what I can only call catacombs or an empty underground aqueduct. The man/boy seem to be lost in the maze of old pillars there, and then is joined with friends in this darkish place and they begin to have fun and laugh. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]The scene changes as if they had come out of dark catacombs into the bright light of day. I then see traffic cars people etc etc etc, a parade of some sort like parade girls dancing" comes down the street every one is happy. I stop the viewing. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Crazy I know perhaps it means something to you It, however. it was clear vivid and in full color in my mind [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Regards [/CENTER]

[CENTER]alan
[/CENTER]

[CENTER] [/CENTER]

[CENTER]DocM
[CENTER][/CENTER]

Re: My effort to remote view some forum memb
Reply #10 - Mar 4th, 2008, 3:03pm
Sounds pretty neat. But watch out, Alan - the government may stop at your door and try to harvest your technical skill! It is fascinating to me that Ingo Swann had this ability, along with the ability to have an effect on machines a good distance from him (as observed by Putoff), yet he was not a believer in the afterlife. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Still, Alan I think you should try to cultivate this talent. See if you can pick up on the color of the rug on which my office chair is. Its a fairly small room in Manhattan (office space at a premium here!). [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Matthew [/CENTER]
0 Replies

Pyrrho

Reply Fri 22 Jan, 2010 10:56 am
@KaseiJin,
KaseiJin;59986 wrote:

Whenever reputable tests are done, the results are negative. Because of that, serious scientists do not tend to waste their time on it.

If you are interested in this sort of thing, you can check out the Skeptical Inquirer, which routinely examines all sorts of paranormal claims.
0 Replies