The brilliant mind of Daniel Tammet

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:02 pm
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT: 'PARANORMAL BRAIN': Daniel Tammet now around 30 yrs http://www.victorzammit.com/images/danieltammet.jpgold had brain injury through his seizures when he was around 4 years old. Possibly as a result of these seizures his brain became paranormal with an incredible memory and the ability to calculate mathematical problems science to-day cannot explain. The most interesting thing is that he SEES the correct numbers - and he sees colors, shapes and texture in his head. What he does, no mathematical professor in the world can do because Daniel Tammet has a paranormal brain NOT a normal brain. There were a number of people who had a particular injury to the brain and suddenly became gifted paranormalists. Remote viewers, such as Joseph McMoneagle, Dr David Morehouse, also claimed they were injured in the head during their war years and became experts in remote viewing. Scientists agree Daniel has a brain science to-day cannot explain. Those in the paranormal say, "So? It's quite normal for us to have these exceptional psychic and paranormal skills." Enjoy the video: (on youtube sent by Ricardo)

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 945 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Didymos Thomas

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 07:10 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Science cannot explain any brain: only aspects of the brain. At least as far as I know.
Aedes

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 10:20 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas;44211 wrote:
Science cannot explain any brain: only aspects of the brain. At least as far as I know.
What can't be explained, though, in this case, is the exceptionality. Kind of like if someone could run 50 miles an hour and science couldn't explain how. With tens of billions of neurons we have to do a lot of extrapolating to get our understanding.

By the way, there's a podcast of On Point with Tom Ashbrook in which this guy is a guest. You can find it on iTunes under NPR. Tom Ashbrook's show is great, I listened to it all the time on NPR when I lived in Boston.
0 Replies