Try this little mind game with me

Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2009 06:47 am
@Alan McDougall,
validity,

You did not adhere to the instructions, you must have thought about it too long, unless of course you are a biologist or student but even then your objects are most unlikely.

I will explain a little later how I influenced the others to draw what they drew

Alan
validity

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 03:57 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
validity,

You did not adhere to the instructions,

How so?

Alan McDougall wrote:
you must have thought about it too long, unless of course you are a biologist or student but even then your objects are most unlikely.

Unlikey?

Alan McDougall wrote:
I will explain a little later how I influenced the others to draw what they drew.

From the use of the word "unlikely" it seems you were playing the odds and not influencing others.
Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 05:16 pm
@validity,
validity

Quote:

From the use of the word "unlikely" it seems you were playing the odds and not influencing others.

I restate you did not perform the test according to my instructions? "YOU THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO DRAW FOR TOO LONG AND CAME UP WITH UNLIKELY SHAPES"

Why would you give me alink instead of just stating what you drew?

A cell membrane is just not the first shape that would pop into anyones mind, so I dont accept it or the other cross shape
validity

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 04:32 pm
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
validity

I restate you did not perform the test according to my instructions? "YOU THOUGHT ABOUT WHAT YOU WERE GOING TO DRAW FOR TOO LONG AND CAME UP WITH UNLIKELY SHAPES"

No, because some of my shapes were those of low probability, you assume I thought about them to long. I drew those shapes at the time of my initial post.

Alan McDougall wrote:
Why would you give me alink instead of just stating what you drew?

I searched for those shapes after I drew the shapes. I linked them because they show you what I drew. I did not search and then say "I have joined the experiment", I drew shapes and then found pictures of them as I had no ability to post the actual drawings.

Alan McDougall wrote:
A cell membrane is just not the first shape that would pop into anyones mind, so I dont accept it or the other cross shape

I am reading an evolutionary biology book at the moment. Cells are fresh in my mind. I would agree that this shape would be unlikely to pop into my mind if I had not been reading such a book.

Perhaps if you wanted to have participants draw common, high probability shapes, you may have given a list of ten common, high probability shapes and asked us to select three. If you ask people to draw whatever enters their mind and then when they do, you say those who drew uncommon shapes have not followed the rules, I say make the rules so we can not draw uncommon shapes.
catfood phil

Reply Sat 10 Jan, 2009 05:08 pm
@validity,
I drew a circle with a triangle overlapping its top half, like a hat on a head.:detective:
I would think that circle, triangle and square are the shapes people would think of when told not to think too hard about it.
When do we find out your technique?
0 Replies

sheeps

Reply Fri 17 Apr, 2009 09:49 am
@Alan McDougall,
triangle, square, circle Smile exactly
Alan McDougall

Reply Mon 20 Apr, 2009 02:40 am
@sheeps,
Guys what you drew was almost exactly what i tried to influence you to draw.

The method subliminal suggestion, read my post that initiated this thread.

I said "try" to draw tri = triangle in your mind

Under these "circumstances",= Circumstance = circle

So imagine how you are affected and effected all the time by subliminal advertising, making you purchase things you really have no need of

Do you think that it is moral and ethical?

Peace
0 Replies