pop-ups

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 03:20 pm
I have ben having a problem with AOL.

I have Windows XP on my computer and quite often, when I close out a window, I will get this screen of AOLs and I have to close it in order to continue. The address of this screen is www.AOL.com

I have e-mailed, IMed, and prayed, but to no avail. No suggested remedy to date has worked.

Anybody here wanna try? Twisted Evil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 550 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2003 03:23 pm
I get that all the time too. It drives me nuts. Seems to only occur when I have unread mail in my other screen names. Once I've cleared the unread mail, the problem goes away until more mail arrives.

I cured the problem by blocking incoming mail to all the screen names except the one I use on a daily basis and severely restricting incoming mail for the master screen name.
0 Replies

redhawk44

Reply Wed 12 Nov, 2003 06:14 am
In my case, it doesn't appear to be connected to mail.

The popup always occures just when I close out another web site by using the little X in the upper right. I even thought I was inadvertantly clicking on something for a while, but that is not the case.

At least I now know that it isn't just me.

I think I will inform AOL that I probably wouldn't be having this problem if I were using another ISP. Maybe that'll jog them enough to come up with a cure. Very Happy
0 Replies