Suicide and the Open Window of Philosophy

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:09 pm
I wrote this after I died:

When I stand, poised at an open window 30-stories up and pondering the view below : the streets and the masked insectuality of busy urban life, disordering and reordering along vectors of concrete continua : if I jump, I do not jump; when I jump I do not jump; instead, the streets fall into my window. Subject, predication, and object--which had continued my life by displacing themselves from one another, separating out into the most vivid hallucination: acting as boundaries for one another, stabilizing experience-- the triangularity collapses, the streets fall into my window and a newfound instability proves to amend a lifelong transgression; yes, I flow with the rhythm of reality (sinusoidal-me, apex-ecstasy, leaking out my ears on the descendency) until slowly, very slowly, a discontinuous display of naked patterns with no extension and lacking any duration secure the non-existence of my 'I.'

And that is all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 764 • Replies: 4
No top replies

pshingle

Reply Sun 14 Mar, 2010 06:16 pm
@rhinogrey,
This is quite a profound post. Certainly suicide may seem this way to someone who is content with the decision to end their own life, but I personally find it to be merely an emotional imbalance.
Pyrrho

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 03:16 pm
@rhinogrey,
rhinogrey;139751 wrote:
I wrote this after I died:

For some strange reason, I doubt that.
Jebediah

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 03:23 pm
@pshingle,
pshingle;139752 wrote:
Certainly suicide may seem this way to someone who is content with the decision to end their own life, but I personally find it to be merely an emotional imbalance.

I agree, and the phrase "masked insectuality of urban life" is an indicator of that. Although possibly this was meant for the creative writing forum.
0 Replies

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 15 Mar, 2010 03:49 pm
@Pyrrho,
Pyrrho;140006 wrote:
For some strange reason, I doubt that.

I wouldn't.

Following ego-death, many things that seemed impossible before become possible.
0 Replies