A Divine Existence

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 01:31 pm
I believe a man must give his life over to something other than himself to be set free.

The more I go through life, the more I understand that giving your life over to your offspring might be the only truly divine existence available on this planet.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 911 • Replies: 4
No top replies

William

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 03:13 pm
@rhinogrey,
rhinogrey wrote:
I believe a man must give his life over to something other than himself to be set free.

The more I go through life, the more I understand that giving your life over to your offspring might be the only truly divine existence available on this planet.

Hello rhinogrey,
It is not so much that we should give our life over to our children, as it is creating a nurturing foundation that will allow the child to find his own way. We don't know how to do that because for that to happen we must understand the role of the family. The biological family, not the many facsimilies we have created we call families. I heard once it is difficult to learn that which shouldn't be taught and we have created an education system that does that very thing. For a child is to "survive" in this world we force him into a situation where he "must" learn that which supports a very failing "status quo". That has been the process for generations and generations. The child is the most valuable resouce on the planet and we treat him like an afterthought. Understandable considering the parents, if he is lucky enough to have both, are burning the candle at both ends trying to survive in that very same failing status quo. it's time we change the whole damn thing before the light in the tunnel goes completely out.

William
Alan McDougall

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 03:44 pm
@William,
William wrote:
Hello rhinogrey,
It is not so much that we should give our life over to our children, as it is creating a nurturing foundation that will allow the child to find his own way. We don't know how to do that because for that to happen we must understand the role of the family. The biological family, not the many facsimilies we have created we call families. I heard once it is difficult to learn that which shouldn't be taught and we have created an education system that does that very thing. For a child is to "survive" in this world we force him into a situation where he "must" learn that which supports a very failing "status quo". That has been the process for generations and generations. The child is the most valuable resouce on the planet and we treat him like an afterthought. Understandable considering the parents, if he is lucky enough to have both, are burning the candle at both ends trying to survive in that very same failing status quo. it's time we change the whole damn thing before the light in the tunnel goes completely out.

William

Hello William long time no read

Divine Existence equates for me true altruism live in the light of gods eternal love, do not hurt others. By this I don't mean passive not hurting,it must go further than that we must try our best to educate our beloved ones friends peers or any entity that comes across our paths, to avoid possible pitfalls in the future

1) Forewarned is forearmed

2) Prevention is better than cure

3) Young men think old men are fools; old men know young men are fools

4) Zeal without knowledge is fire without light

I could not help it I love those old proverbs, they have so much wisdom condensed into them don't you think? :bigsmile:

Peace and light

Alan
rhinogrey

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 10:35 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall wrote:
Hello William long time no read

Divine Existence equates for me true altruism live in the light of gods eternal love, do not hurt others. By this I don't mean passive not hurting,it must go further than that we must try our best to educate our beloved ones friends peers or any entity that comes across our paths, to avoid possible pitfalls in the future

And then get crucified by the State.

Quote:
1) Forewarned is forearmed

2) Prevention is better than cure

3) Young men think old men are fools; old men know young men are fools

4) Zeal without knowledge is fire without light

#3 -- I love it Smile
GoshisDead

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 12:50 pm
@rhinogrey,
When you live for a cause, any cause that you consider worthwhile it is like the anti-nihlism. What better way to create meaning than to make a difference.
0 Replies