Forbidden knowledge?

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 09:27 pm
Through out my time in school, I ponderd if the quality of education sucked because of teachers, politics or sheer ignorence?

When having psycology classes, it was some halfassed babble about Freud and phallos symbols, and other poor things.
Are we not taught en mass about advanced psycology because we would begin to judge eachother in a different way, such as:

- you will become a drunk
- you will become a helpless gambler, burying youself in debt
- you will become a lesbian/bisexual
- you will become a drag queen
- you will be a swindler
- you will become psycotic
- you will become a child molester
..etc

Maybe because we en mass can make wrong judgement which only makes it worse?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,214 • Replies: 9
No top replies

sometime sun

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 09:36 pm
@HexHammer,
Didn't you hear? Nothing is forbidden but that which we know we should or need deny ourselves.

No knowledge is forbidden, didn't you hear? we stole the rights.
HexHammer

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 09:44 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun;133115 wrote:
Didn't you hear? Nothing is forbidden but that which we know we should or need deny ourselves.

No knowledge is forbidden, didn't you hear? we stole the rights.
The thing is, it's ofcause free to learn, but question is, is it only by self motivated learning.
sometime sun

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 09:53 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;133118 wrote:
The thing is, it's ofcause free to learn, but question is, is it only by self motivated learning.

It's free to learn but very expensive.
If you are willing to pay the price.
Expansive.
Not even regarding whether you are able to receive,
buy the buy.

What's out there all begins. (outside)
Wait,
what begins in here begins all.(inside)

Knowledge is just the by-product of knowing.

No we need other outer motivation.
We cant be left alone for a single minute.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 04:20 pm
@sometime sun,
It's free to learn but very expensive. Why is it expensive? If I read a book, it isn't paticular expensive, if I read things on the internet, it's kinda free.

If you are willing to pay the price. What price?

Knowledge is just the by-product of knowing. Fish will swim halft the world away from their birth place, and return to the exact spot. They display knowledge without really knowing where to go.
sometime sun

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 10:15 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;133353 wrote:
It's free to learn but very expensive. Why is it expensive? If I read a book, it isn't paticular expensive, if I read things on the internet, it's kinda free.

If you are willing to pay the price. What price?

Knowledge is just the by-product of knowing. Fish will swim halft the world away from their birth place, and return to the exact spot. They display knowledge without really knowing where to go.

Expensive;
knowledge comes at the cost of your knowing,
comes at the cost of your ignorances or past illusions.
Is ignorance an anything worth?
Yes if the illusion is 'wrong' and it hurts.
Is ignorance knowing?
Yes just not yet asking.
Maybe just expecting.
Expectance is knowing you will receive.
In ignorance you are in no doubt
Yes ignorance is worth much.
Expensive to know you were wrong,
Expensive to change into a right.
Learning means the ending of illusions,
Learning costs doubt.
To be whole means you once were not.
The price is an effort even ordeal
Nothing is free when it wasn't even real.
You once were worth now need to reprice,
May be worth less maybe worth thrice.
Dont forget you will need to inssure
Whole new policy, end up owing more.
More found means more to put in place,
Flooded mind, need for more space.
You must pay in order to gain
Still not enough or overload.
Anything earned was never free.
Expense is earning.
You are free to read to take the job
Must work to be free even be God
So freedom is but a slavery?
Work and toil to gain a maybe.
To gain choice.
More still to deceive.
To be free is an agony.

Knowing is being
Knowledge is reasoning
We are born being truth before we ask how we lie.
Knowing is demanded, naturally answered. Knowing we are animal no need for a why or crime.
Knowledge is the request, questioning the un-natural. Fear we are human and terrified to die.

Sorry but not, this got away from me a little.
I hope i answered you, even if not in a way you might be able to see clearly.
There it is.
If you dont understand something doesn't mean you have to dislike it.
Which i hope you do. Understand and like it.
0 Replies

Jebediah

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 12:20 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer;133111 wrote:
Through out my time in school, I ponderd if the quality of education sucked because of teachers, politics or sheer ignorence?

Because people don't particularly want to learn, and the national dialogue about education (at least in the U.S.A) is driven by parents who want to believe it's the fault of their kid's teacher.

Quote:
When having psycology classes, it was some halfassed babble about Freud and phallos symbols, and other poor things.
That just sounds like a terrible psychology class. I don't think even a high school psych class would teach freud with any level of seriousness.

Quote:
Are we not taught en mass about advanced psycology because we would begin to judge eachother in a different way, such as:

- you will become a drunk
- you will become a helpless gambler, burying youself in debt
- you will become a lesbian/bisexual
- you will become a drag queen
- you will be a swindler
- you will become psycotic
- you will become a child molester
..etc
I don't think we would begin to do that.
HexHammer

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 03:37 am
@Jebediah,
Jebediah;133468 wrote:
Because people don't particularly want to learn, and the national dialogue about education (at least in the U.S.A) is driven by parents who want to believe it's the fault of their kid's teacher.
? ..don't really think it has anything to do with the topic at hand. Why the heck would the goverment/teachers choose to give halfassed lectures just because students don't wanna learn? Makes no sense.

Jebediah;133468 wrote:
That just sounds like a terrible psychology class. I don't think even a high school psych class would teach freud with any level of seriousness.
I sure hope things has gotten better since I was young.

Jebediah;133468 wrote:
I don't think we would begin to do that.
Why not? Imo it sounds a bit naive. "Purge the Fools Please" topic which I created, the last pages got really nasty, even a muppet mod would come and trash it. If people had a better understanding of psycology, I'm sure people would resort to such things.
0 Replies

Reconstructo

Reply Sun 28 Feb, 2010 04:06 am
@HexHammer,
Forbidden knowledge? How's this? Dante, who represents spiritual evolution in general, moves through hell on a descending tightening spiral. This descent is the destruction of all his/our "illusions." Everyone is selfish, all is obscene and tragic, composite things decay, nothing is true, everything is permitted...

At the bottom tip of this inverted cone (descending tightening spiral) Dante sees Satan, frozen in ice and excrement, chewing traitors in his 3 mouths. At this moment, Dante becomes Satanic. Satanism is the self-as-numen. A Satanist doesn't worhip Satan, not a real Satanist anyhow. A Satanist worships his ideal self.

At this moment in the story, gravity is reversed, or hell was upside down in the first place. .. Satanic Ironic Cynical Dante is now ascending the widening spiral of Purgatory. Lucifer means light-bringer. At some point our ironic spiritual traveler will see that the only thing worth worshiping/seeking in himself is that which conforms to the Divine, i.e. Beatrice...
HexHammer

Reply Mon 8 Mar, 2010 05:24 am
@Reconstructo,
Reconstructo;133502 wrote:
Forbidden knowledge? How's this? Dante, who represents spiritual evolution in general, moves through hell on a descending tightening spiral. This descent is the destruction of all his/our "illusions." Everyone is selfish, all is obscene and tragic, composite things decay, nothing is true, everything is permitted...

At the bottom tip of this inverted cone (descending tightening spiral) Dante sees Satan, frozen in ice and excrement, chewing traitors in his 3 mouths. At this moment, Dante becomes Satanic. Satanism is the self-as-numen. A Satanist doesn't worhip Satan, not a real Satanist anyhow. A Satanist worships his ideal self.

At this moment in the story, gravity is reversed, or hell was upside down in the first place. .. Satanic Ironic Cynical Dante is now ascending the widening spiral of Purgatory. Lucifer means light-bringer. At some point our ironic spiritual traveler will see that the only thing worth worshiping/seeking in himself is that which conforms to the Divine, i.e. Beatrice...
This is a perfect example of why philosophers so rarely gets buisness leaders, nor good leaders in general.

Such metaphoric-philosophy is good for endulgence, not much else.
0 Replies