Anyone else active there?

What do you mean by "second life"?

William
0 Replies

OctoberMist

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 07:32 pm
@Salo phil,
Salo,

How does the term "second life" refer to the Net?
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2008 08:18 pm
@Salo phil,
Second Life is a virtual world somewhat similar to the online SIMS games. As a kind of MMORPG, its emphasis is primarily social interaction and not precisely "game" playing.
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 02:03 am
@Salo phil,
When second life first came out, just after it started getting popular, I was on it and had some land and managed apartment rentals. It is very time consuming but a very creative environment. Most of the users on it actually use it as their second life. It's a life within another world, virtual yet very very real.

For the experience of it, I'd recommend Second Life to try out. Who knows, you may like it and enjoy spending time there. There's actually many businesses that spawn off of Second Life and many people who make a living running businesses in Second Life. Truly an amazing thing and I'm surprised more people aren't on there.

I'm no longer on there because of the time factor. It is a neat place though. The site is SecondLife.com.
0 Replies

Salo phil

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 09:45 am
@Salo phil,
Justin beat me to posting the link to Second Life, and is indeed quite right about it. In fact it was because of attending a philosophy discussion within this virtual world, that I got interested in the subject again.
0 Replies