How to be a nihilist?

boagie

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 09:33 am
@Dave Allen,
Smile
Adaptation to chaos would look to the adapted to be order, any imperfection in that preception might be handled with humor, an outrageous acception to the rule of order.
Dave Allen

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 10:11 am
@boagie,
I always saw it rather more in terms of humour being a possible consolation in the face of the impossibility of adaption.

It's all absurd, so why not find it funny - that sort of thing.
boagie

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2008 10:34 am
@Dave Allen,
Dave Allen wrote:
I always saw it rather more in terms of humour being a possible consolation in the face of the impossibility of adaption.

It's all absurd, so why not find it funny - that sort of thing.

Dave Allen,Smile

Indeed, if you have not or cannot develop a sense of humor, it makes life all the more difficult, perhaps laughter itself is adaptation------just a thought.
0 Replies

DemonLover69

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2015 09:22 pm
@Mr Fight the Power,
Nihilism is not an over night choice, I would even go to the extreme and say it's not even a choice. If anything it's a product, for me it's a built up thing, I delved into self hate, and hating everything, in a few years the hate become nothing, not love, not acceptance. It's a factor if I could these people, I would. But I'm guessing even now you wouldn't understand, listen to Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar and Nine Inch Nail's The Downward Spiral, those records show the basics of Nihilism, once again not a over-night choice, it takes you to loose so much to give up, and even then that's not enough. If you have any question, don't hesitate.
0 Replies