Education could put everybody into a delirium

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 06:12 am
Education sometimes is peacemeal, admittedly, the result doesn't seem to be what as expected.

We couldn't be not embroiled in education. Education seeps into our equipoise and makes everything different and unbalanced. It is like a latent enemy, that gradually destroy our mental health and physical health.

For example, examinations - the school's byword. Examinations are mentioned as soon as you commence your school stint. We could get exceedingly stressed and melancholic, it would make some of our life colours monotonous and banal, it is like everyday's life.

My uncles all acceded that education is extraneous. Education may find us the right direction for our following years but it could not find the right direction for yourself. Education overrides the school's philosophy, morale and purpose. Every student is impossible to be a better self just by going to school.

We are the sole ones to take care of ourselves.

But could we lay the blame on schools? Could we insinuate or tarnish the school for their laggness and fake morality?

I need your views.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,106 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jgweed

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 08:04 am
@Ennui phil,
At the same time, one could argue that only education can furnish protection for the mind and provide places outside of the prison of one's own thinking where one may communicate with Others, and a framework within which to map out one's future.

Would it be a mistake to confuse education with examinations, or disparage the discipline of learning because it is inconvenient or difficult?

Don't we sometimes see the untutored and free-as-a-bird mind of youth much like a romanticised version of the picture of the noble savage in earlier historical periods?
0 Replies

amist

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 08:26 am
@Ennui phil,
I think we are all in agreement that the public day care centers that go by the name of 'schools' aren't really what is meant by a true education, and I for one say that when it comes to laying blame, no small share ought to go to the incompetency of the (I can't put enough quotation marks around it so I won't even try) 'education system'.
0 Replies

Three dog

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 09:36 am
@Ennui phil,
The only positive to our current system of learning, is the early social interaction between people, as this is what humans require the most (arguably).
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 05:12 pm
@Ennui phil,
I wouldn't spend my time or energies wailing at the schools; especially not as a student. If you have the will, permission or power to not_attend, then don't. If you must, then whether you know it or not, it can do a great deal for you.

Tests and examinations motivate you to assimilate the information. They also can report to you or <whomever> the extent to which your mind is able to understand the concepts involved and apply the lessons taught. This isn't always a bad thing.

Where "education" is simply the mindless transfer of information for recital, the worth is debatable. But one of the best, most important benefits to the individual themselves is the establishment of neural pathways into new ways of thinking, problem solving, practical mathematical skills and much more.

Sure, that glass is half empty. But unless you have the choice to abandon it, why not dive in to that other half?

Good luck
0 Replies

amist

Reply Tue 9 Feb, 2010 09:53 pm
@Ennui phil,
I'd like to clarify that my comments are specifically placed towards primary and secondary education systems, the only thing wrong with universities is that they have to undo all of the harm done to the students in primary and secondary education.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Wed 10 Feb, 2010 01:47 pm
@Ennui phil,
Without education, there would be most ignorents that can't do complex work, not giving big economy, means less tax, less tax means no big hostpitals that can preform complex surgery etc, no sience to make machines ..etc.
The generel understanding of life would go back to blood letting and witchburning, superstision would rule and we would be primitive savages.

Humans are not frail, for thousands of years they have been schooled in various things and honestly I think we'r better off than those without schools.
0 Replies