Proscience vs. Conscience

William

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 07:59 am
Proscience vs. Conscience

Ha, I have just invented a word. There are various definitions offering what the conscience is. There is no such word that is it's counterpart. Could there be such a thing as "PROSCIENCE" and if so, what would that "science" consist of?

If science is an observation of a thing in itself (phenomena); could it be that proscience would be a noumenonial excursion (Kantian thought)? Can we do that? When you think about it, it's difficult to know what "a thing" is in all it's entirety and why we strive to seek the smallest thing. If we could just do that then we could know what everything is and build a better world with no pieces missing. Solving a most difficult puzzle....the meaning of life!

Considering what we could build from very small things, the fact that we don't know how small, small is, would that influence all we build? Something would be left out, huh!

The phrase "Let your conscience be your guide" is a bit of a misnomer in that it is not a guide but a warning as if it is saying "no no" and pointing it's finger at us. It doesn't tell us where to go it just let's us know when we are going in the wrong direction. Could it be that proscience would be that which would re-animate itself once the conscience no longer has a reason to raise that finger? Ha, the fickle finger of fate comes to mind.

You will have to admit that finger is what makes us afraid for the consequences that would ensue if we were to proceed and when one does not listen to that warning and proceeds anyway one has to ask why would one do that? Is that an error of conscience as if to say we know better? Possibly. But is it our error, not that of conscience in that we cannot know what conscience is if we have no idea of what it's counterpart is and that is when why we rationalize, giving us reason to ignore that warning for reasons of our own and proceed anyway?

When we ignore the conscience it is if we are losing a bit of ourselves and who we innately are, akin to a axe taking a chip out of an oak tree. Eventually, that oak comes crashing down.

There are words that are "close" to what proscience is. Prescient is one which can be understood as "prescience" or what it was before science or conscience even existed. Some other words that were used then are omen and prophecy or what prescient is. Those are words that are a consequence of our fears and what would ensue if we continue being so afraid. In that respect proscience would be that which would eliminate the existence of omens or prophecy and those fears that brought them into existence.

So proscience could be a science that is dedicated to building a more positive foundation that would insure a better tomorrow using a more accurate definition of what phenomena is. Or doing the absolute best with what we have to work with that we can observe. Using all the pieces of the puzzle and those pieces that are the most significant are US. The UNITED SENTIENT beings we are and at present there are as best that we know over 61/2 billion of US.

Are all pieces to the puzzle? Possibly not. No one can know who is and who ain't. So shucking any would not be a wise thing to do. If we are united and unafraid those who opposed and efforted to make us afraid of putting this puzzle together would not be apart of putting it together as their protests would identify their most selfish nature. Frankly that would mean we are tired of their omens and prophecies and the amenities/profits they have gained from us being afraid. Let's hope we can all be a part of that magnificent puzzle as we join together in put it together and what that will bring.

What would life be like when we're more proscience rather than conscience. All would be a part of that science and in that respect all would be able to sense all the phenomena that is life as they observe it, hear it and feel it using that which makes us so sentient in ways that we have never observed or felt before.

For that to happen all must be free to do so. ALL!!!!!!! NO COSTS ATTACHED.............................................PERIOD!!!!!!!! Costs screws up everything.

If I can conceive it, it can be done. We are all acorns. Ha! I'd like to hope that is the case anyway. All we need is to be free to grow.

William
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,179 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Twirlip

Reply Sat 6 Mar, 2010 10:12 am
@William,
The cognitive aspect of desire? Aesthetic realism? (I see that in capitalised form, that is the name of a movement which has been accused of being a cult. I hadn't heard of it, and therefore wasn't referring to it.) Taking all of one's feelings seriously, including the good ones? I'm also reminded of the term 'pronoia', invented as an antidote to paranoia.

I'm also reminded of Robert C. Solomon's book The Passions (1993), which argues that:
Quote:
Emotions are intelligent, cultivated, conceptually rich engagements with the world, not mere reactions or instincts.
I must get around to reading that, and to reading more of Wayne C. Booth's Modern Dogma and the Rhetoric of Assent (1974), which argues for:
Quote:
The belief that that the primary mental act of man is to assent to truth rather than to detect error, "to take in" and even "to be taken in," rather than "to resist being taken in" [...]
Anyway, it's a nice invention. (I won't quibble about the Latin etymology!)
0 Replies