Time is a KILLER.

William

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 04:56 am
We just don't seem to think we have enough of it. "When time began"?
Assumes a time before time, huh! Is "time" useful? No and hell no"!!!!!!! Not in the least.

Like the title of the thread states, it's a killer. When a person is able to live in the moment, time ceases to exist. Yep, no doubt about it. To understand or attempt to understand what I am stating here one has to think of themselves as 'timeless'. Can you possibly do that? Now before you answer consider how much of a part in plays in your life in regards to how you think.

How many times a day do you look at your watch, the clock, or wonder what time it is and why you do that. Time is a "speed demon" and the more we regard it and pay attention to it the faster we go. We speed so we can do all we need to do so we will have time left over to................? Do what? Nothing? Ha! Ha! Or what we want to do. Now what is it you want to do?

In this reality it is difficult to imagine "no time" when so much is predicated on time. Everyone seems to be in a hurry to do what? Live? That's the kicker, isn't it. "If I only had enough time I could..................................the list is endless. And when our time grows near, damn, where did it go?

When you think about the future and what you want to do, you waste time NOW. What I meant by that is the now become obsolete. It is of no use because all you do now is bide you time focusing on what you could be doing rather than focusing on what you "are" doing. What would happen if you could exist without attending to time? From me to you, much better. To understand that you have to STOP and think?. Ha!

If you don't mind please tell me how you do that? When you stop, you're dead..............or are we? We never stop, we are so dynamic we are doing all the time even when someone wakes you up from sleep and asking what are you doing, you say "sleeping" we are conscious of the fact that we were sleeping. Is there never any rest.

I remember the SPOCK character in Gene Roddenberry's STAR TREK regarding sleep and he said he does not sleep, it's just a habit. Now for you Trekkie's, there is one characteristic of Spock that was "ever" in his demeanor,...................he never got in a hurry. He always was the most "logical" and he was allowed to be so logical because he had time to think. There is the word again, huh, time.

Does it involve how we think, too? Absolutely. Spock didn't sleep because he didn't have to sleep. He never got "worn out" or "exhausted" or "spent" or "wasted" or "tired" while all others were hurry-scurrying around. He was as cool as a cucumber, Ha! When all those around him began running into roadblocks, they always called on him to get them out of a jam. They, it would seem, were going too fast to be logical so they themselves could solve their own problems. Then there is the notion if they were not in so much of a hurry......................they wouldn't have any problems. Hmmm!

When I became ill, time slowed me down, ha! I didn't have choice in the matter. I had plenty of time...................to do what, die? There were those times because of my heart condition, I thought I was going to die and those times, all two of them, I reconciled to it and more or less said 'so be it' and just didn't worry about it and as a result...............got better. Now I never really thought about that until I had the time to when I really began to escape from this reality and could not participate in it as most do and just said hell, let nature take it's course and it did. When I did that, though I didn't realize it then, I "lost track of time" and was paying it no regard whatsoever. I still needed sleep, but didn't need much of it.

In most cases I would just stop because my eyes would ease shut and I would just go off into a, what could be called a "twilight sleep". It would only last fifteen or twenty minutes and I would awake invigorated. Not physically...............,mentally. Ha, physically, I was a wreck. You know that "so be it" and "let nature take it's course", IF........one can do that, I mean really do that, that is when God takes over. Well, yes it is God and it is not God; it's me and God together. When I slowed down, my mind continued to do it's thing and I discovered it can do that without me imposing on it. It allowed me to be "logical" and began tying loose ends together and it began to reflect all that I had experienced in my life and in doing that discarded much of that giving me "room to think clearly".

I have been a member of this forum for a little over a year and most of my posts are written when all others in this hemisphere are asleep. I have come to any brain shattering conclusions as to what that means exactly, but I am working on it, ha! Me and my friend, you know....that God person, thing, it or whatever you want to refer as god as. HE IS ME, but I am not HE! I have noted that a couple of times before. Hard to explain? Yeah, it is. Damn!!! I am tenacious, I'll figure it out, ha! I have all the time in the world to do just that.

Right now it is 2:54 in the early morning, New Years Eve in fact. I went to bed at 9:30. When I wake up, I wake up totally and could go back to sleep if I "forced" myself.

Now I live at a much slower pace, mentally, than anyone around me; and I mean anyone. This is going to be difficult to imagine, but because of that I can actually tune in with others and how they are thinking, not so much what they are thinking though I can even do that on occasion. Is that well received? Yes and no, ha! What I mean by that is some love it when I "get into their head" and tie up 'loose ends" for them, whereas others just "hate that crap", ha! Why? Well, I'll tell you why but I will not expound on it now. That will be coming out in a later addition, look for it on your newstands, ha, just kidding. I am working on a new thread on it now.

Those who hate it are living in the past and that, that occupies most of their thought is GUILT. It is the cornerstone of all their thoughts. They are the "excuser's" who depend on their guilt to exist. They don't want any "loose ends" tied up for them; they are too dependent on them. Feeling sorry for themselves is the order of the day and love others feeling sorry for them. Why that is................more later. It's really not there fault, but there is just too much noise in their head for me to get through and help tie up those loose ends. The sad part is, I can; they just don't want me too.

I have created this thread so it will allow those who do read it, perhaps consider what occupies your thoughts and why you think the way you do and how much of a rush you are in mentally to tie up loose ends that will allow you to understand how detrimental it is to mentally speed so much because you think you don't have enough time.

I can only dream of what life would be like if others didn't speed so much; physically and mentally and what that would result in? Often we will arrive at a truth by just eliminating any thought as to "what could happen" (worry) or suffering over what has happened" (guilt) and in doing that would indeed slow us all down and let the mind focus on the now. How would people communicate then? Wow! When we worry about the future and recall the past, we create stress in the now...............and that sucks.

I know there are so very many reasons why things are the way they are and for the most part I understand most of them, if not all of them. I am just not at all sure, myself, who the guilty parties are.

I mentioned about the alone time in which I compile the posts I offer. There is something about that in what was occurring when most are awake and that link we all have with one another as human beings. Most are going so fast in different directions it is difficult to imagine a reality otherwise when the mind can truly be at peace and what would occur if all were so peaceful.

The heart breaking part of it all is I don't want to be alone and why I offer what I do. It is not for me though in a way it is. I know I cannot be happy and fulfilled without you. No way can that ever happen. I know that and in knowing that I realize how so very much we are a part of each other and linked together that if we could realize that, dream of what that would offer. What if we all just stood still? Quiet and stopped the rush? Wow!

Here's a bit of a, what might be considered an odd coincidence, for me anyway. The first movie I can recall or my mind recalls for me is THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL. That movie came out in 1951. I was three years old. It was, quickly, a warning from a, what can be considered a "god" sort of extraterrestrial entity who came to earth to warn us of the activities occurring here and threatening us with our destruction if we didn't "get our act together" and end the violence. In that movie there was a date shown. The exact date in which that scene was taken. Rare in movies for I cannot remember this happening in a work like this. Documentaries, yes, but works of "supposedly" fiction, no. That date was my birthday. Now to add to that, there is a remake of that same movie and the first name mentioned is.....................william, ha! Just a coincidence, I know...........?

Whether it means anything to you, I have no idea; I am not you. Perhaps It does mean something where we all are concerned? I have said there is a truth that can be gathered from all that the mind has conceived and those representations thereof. When one is able to slow down one can associate all the they have experienced with all that is represented and that is what give us meaning; individually and collectively.

I only note my separation and what I gather from that in a effort to bring us all together. Never for myself. I have long since considered myself in anything for alone I am nothing. I can't conceive of "nothing"! I have no idea of what that is. I remember when I was very young, I took pride in myself in that I could spell a very long word. It is clear as day. That word was "SOMETHING". S O M E T H I N G. We are something, aren't we. You bet we are. Something never amounts to nothing. NEVER, unless others impose it on us.

Tomorrow is a brand new year as time goes. January 1, 2010 or what could be commonly written as 1-1-1............................0. I so hope it is a Happy one for you. If it is, it will be a happy one for me. :a-ok:

William
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 907 • Replies: 4
No top replies

William

Reply Thu 31 Dec, 2009 02:17 pm
@William,
Living.........in the moment.

One such man knew this well before any notion that might otherwise be written by any man. His name is Marcus Aurelius. Here is except from Book 2 of his MEDITATIONS. Marcus was unique in that he of the few we recite today of antiquity, who actually left a record of his inner most thoughts and he was a King. No other King ever was so giving.

Yes, there were those "philosophers" but they were not Kings. God's on Earth. Here is what he offered in that regard of living in the moment and this was 2000 years ago:

"Every moment think steadily as a Roman and a man to do what thou hast in hand with perfect and simple dignity, and feeling of affection, and freedom, and justice; and to give thyself relief from all other thoughts. And thou wilt give thyself relief, if thou doest every act of thy life as if it were the last, laying aside all carelessness and passionate aversion from the commands of reason, and all hypocrisy, and self-love, and discontent with the portion which has been given to thee. Thou seest how few the things are, the which if a man lays hold of, he is able to live a life which flows in quiet, and is like the existence of the gods; for the gods on their part will require nothing more from him who observes these things".

When one truly thinks about a man who in his world was a God as it relates to what others deemed him to be and to have literally anything he wanted, to have such thoughts is absolutely amazing. To leave a record of such thoughts was even more amazing at a time when few could read or write. If there ever was a man who ever walked this Earth who would quality a benevolent dictator, Marcus Aurelius was such a man.

William
0 Replies

bmcreider

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 11:29 am
@William,
You know what Marcus said there really was amazing for him to say as a king.

I agree with a lot of what you said in your OP. I have worked on a various meanderings similar to yours, as in, the human condition and how we are all seemingly overstressed, overworked, or rushed as you say. Mentally speeding, lol.

I do agree with you and Marcus about slowing down and enjoying things. It's like the concept of a zen garden, although to me, working on a car is like my zen garden, or a computer, or many other things. I just get so passionately involved into my interests and hobbies, and so mentally dedicated, that it is blissful to enjoy them at such a level.

How would you even begin to try to get this point across to society as we know it, though?
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:47 pm
@William,
I will get back to you more fully later William, but just a quick thought,
I used to believe that 'GOD WAS<> IS<>TIME' 'TIME WAS<>IS<>GOD', used to believe God was time, then God was both birth and death with one consciousness one reason for both being the same thing, until i realised that time is not something that necessarliy was born or will die.
Time outside time then somehow? God is somehow, but not always some when.
Just a quick thought.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 5 Jan, 2010 02:42 am
@William,
When time began entropy began to flow , so chaos became the ultimate final state of all things and death became a reality within our finite universe
0 Replies