Conscience

boagie

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 10:33 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Hi Holiday,Smile

Yes I think sanity might be a mixture of things, one empathy and perhaps at the same time a rational that dictates one does not behave in a manner likely to end one's existence. Take it with a grain of salt however, just winging it here. Certainly the psychopath as I have come to understand him, does lack empathy. He however is very rational and his self-interest is very much intact, rational tends to be what most people consider in defining sanity, not empathy, lack of empathy just makes you less of a human being, an island onto yourself so to speak. A rather lonely existence and not one lived through the intent on the part of the subject, there is just something missing. Someone whom does not feel the full range of human emotions cannot be said to be crazy.

Forget Survival of the Fittest: It Is Kindness that Counts: Scientific American
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 07:11 am
@William,
Hey Guys I have just entered thee debate.My grandson a psychology major one of his papers was related to Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dhama. He came to the conclusion that Bundy was evil but Dhama was mentally deranged. I have read accounts of the lives of these two people and I cant agree.

Neither were abused as children and seems to that both were intrinsically evil and enjoyed their depravity

On sentencing Dhamar when asked by the Judge why he did what he did, he said it was evil and he hoped the Lord Jesus forgives him. I hope that he did not

Monsters in human flesh like these two just defy logic defy or comprehension by normal people , evil the wort beast in the field does not do this type of horror

Psychophaths like

Do these entities have souls , I think not?
Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 07:15 am
@William,
Hey Guys I have just entered thee debate.My grandson a psychology major one of his papers was related to Ted Bundy and Jeffrey Dhama. He came to the conclusion that Bundy was evil but Dhama was mentally deranged. I have read accounts of the lives of these two people and I cant agree.

Neither were abused as children and seems to that both were intrinsically evil and enjoyed their depravity

On sentencing Dhama when asked by the Judge why he did what he did, he said it was evil and he hoped the Lord Jesus forgives him. I hope that he did not

Monsters in human flesh like these two just defy logic defy or comprehension by normal people , evil the worst beast in the field does not do this type of horror

Psychopaths like these entities, they lost the right to be called human, who eat human flesh and perform sexual acts on the decaying rotting bodies of their innocent victims deserve to burn in hell forever

Do these entities have souls , I think not?
0 Replies

boagie

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 10:40 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall:)

Apparently there is a full range of people whom could fall under the catagory of psychopath, and most of them are not violent, these two of which you speak are full blown psychopaths. Yes indeed monsters, for monster is the defination of someone whom vilolates our basic human values. It is distrubing to realize that you have been in communication with a person like this, as I stated earlier they have learned to behave as the situtation calls for, but a chill goes down the spine when you realize, there is really nothing of humanity there. By the way, that is Jeffrey Dhamer I believe you are speaking about, or perhaps it is another I have not heard of.
0 Replies

Bones-O

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 01:07 pm
@boagie,
boagie wrote:

If you are a doctor, which your handle might imply, then what is the term you use for such people.

Hey, sorry for late response. Psychopath was the correct term - I wasn't disputing that, merely the use of sociopath as a synonym. Sociopaths do not lack conscience or empathy; they just lack social skills (or rather the skill for acquiring social skills). Smile I'm a PhD rather than MD, I'm afraid. My etymology followed a somewhat crooked path.
Alan McDougall

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 12:32 am
@Bones-O,
boagie Smile

Quote:
By the way, that is Jeffrey Dhamer I believe you are speaking about, or perhaps it is another I have not heard of.

It is Jeffrey Dhamer I just could not remember how to spell his name correctly

I have come across people that say we must love these poor souls and my reply to them is OK let them baby sit your children the next time you go out for an evenings entertainment :perplexed:

I am aware that there are categories of people who are supposedly psychopaths, such as a person who has no feeling for his fellow colleagues and will do anything to advance in the organisation for their own personal gain, even if it results in the destruction of another persons life. livelihood and character.

But do these people qualify for the term psychopath?
boagie

Reply Sat 28 Feb, 2009 01:58 am
@Alan McDougall,
Alan McDougall,Smile

Yes, I believe they do, the distinction is that they are not violent, The few I have met along lifes journey were really quite intelligent, they do seem to have a sense of their own superiority, and I can see where having no conscience would give them an edge in the stuggle for material well being, conscience is I think recognized by them as a definite weakness. That said, they did not chose to be that way, anymore than we chose to be the way we are. As soon as I identify this characteristic however I make myself scarce, frankly they do creep me out.
0 Replies