What is/are the matrix/matrices

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 04:16 pm
My best effort for a bit of enlightenment on this subject is by an analogy on database programing.

Take any database, say the BlockBuster system;

You rent a film with a number, that number is meaning less, until you have the database "key(s)"

These keys vary and are relational by databasing structure.

The blockbuster person asks you for one of these relational keys, your phone number or you blockbuster id card.
When that key is formed, all the relational data is retrieved.

Not only did that key, link the number of the video your renting to your account, it pulls all the relational data to that/those "key/keys" are bound to.

Now they ask you

Are you still at this address, this still your phone number?

And continue to tell you;
You have rented 22 moves in the last 90 days, 20 of which you were late returning. Your account has now a cost by means of relational data we find out. You have spent $45.00 just on forgetting to return your videos on time. :eek:

How the heck did they know all of that data by me saying my phone number?

It is a matrix/matrices.

-BaC
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 903 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jgweed

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:52 am
@BaCaRdi,
A database only contains information ordered in a certain way by providing a framework of records and fields.
It takes an application or programme to make use of it, and to automate entries into it, and to provide relational structure to the data.
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 10:28 am
@jgweed,
Yes, and your point being?

Pick a dimension any dimension..lets make a deal?

Door one, two or three?

jgweed wrote:
A database only contains information ordered in a certain way by providing a framework of records and fields.
It takes an application or programme to make use of it, and to automate entries into it, and to provide relational structure to the data.
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Mon 3 Nov, 2008 03:54 pm
@jgweed,
Not if you know the "cypher";
-"Ra"
-"Di Vinci"
-"TRoN"

Those rascally rabbits!

-"BaC"
jgweed wrote:
0 Replies