What is a "Constant" E=MC/2

BaCaRdi

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 03:59 pm
Well since most of what is expressed here is based on a constant of some sort. I am going try an explain the link to reality.

A constant is that which was a variable, but now has now a specific value of some sort.

Einstein's theory of relativity and it's counterpart special theory of relativity is telling you just that;

It is indeed a constant in the form of c, when you assign it a value of some sorts. The value itself is not the constant, the constant is that of reality not of the number itself.

Does this make any sense?

-BaC
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,373 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Sir Neuron

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:15 am
@BaCaRdi,
I think I can see your point of view here.

You are relating to a constsant in computer programming terms, which is a bit different from the Constant C relating to approximately 30 000 000 meters per second and never changes.
BaCaRdi

Reply Thu 30 Oct, 2008 09:30 am
@Sir Neuron,
Exactly!!

This is the ability to teach many via one, I'll always take that "Chance".

We all have our language(s) of choice, in life and in Philosophy.
-BaC

Sir Neuron wrote:
I think I can see your point of view here.

You are relating to a constsant in computer programming terms, which is a bit different from the Constant C relating to approximately 30 000 000 meters per second and never changes.
0 Replies

Sir Neuron

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 12:36 pm
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:

A constant is that which was a variable, but now has now a specific value of some sort.

It is indeed a constant in the form of c, when you assign it a value of some sorts. The value itself is not the constant, the constant is that of reality not of the number itself.

Does this make any sense?

-BaC

Again, Interesting point. May be I did not interpret you completely, only partiallly, the first time around.

Are you saying that the speed of light could change, due to an unknown universal law or event at some time in the furture, when the conditions are favorable?
BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 12:39 pm
@Sir Neuron,
Well, yes:) It's known as FTL.

Your not the first person to say I needed to read your stuff 5 times, than I GOT IT!!!!.<--thank you Professor Squier. hehe
-BaC Wink

Sir Neuron wrote:
Again, Interesting point. May be I did not interpret you completely, only partiallly, the first time around.

Are you saying that the speed of light could change, due to an unknown universal law or event at some time in the furture, when the conditions are favorable?
Sir Neuron

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 01:05 pm
@BaCaRdi,
That would be a dieaster, if light had slowed considerably.

I mean the delay of an object's image reaching the retina. Then we would not be able to avoid a car when crossing the road, because it will be there before the image our vision perceives.
BaCaRdi

Reply Fri 31 Oct, 2008 01:50 pm
@Sir Neuron,
Your putting light into the context of reality again..

Doesn't work that way in this day and age of/in science..

Well lets just say Tachyons...

-BaC
Sir Neuron wrote:
That would be a dieaster, if light had slowed considerably.

I mean the delay of an object's image reaching the retina. Then we would not be able to avoid a car when crossing the road, because it will be there before the image our vision perceives.
0 Replies

xris

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 09:44 am
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
Well, yes:) It's known as FTL.

Your not the first person to say I needed to read your stuff 5 times, than I GOT IT!!!!.<--thank you Professor Squier. hehe
-BaC Wink
but if something is going faster than light as i agree it can..its not light...is it?
BaCaRdi

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 09:59 am
@xris,
Great question...It's sometimes a wave...others a particle, not a wave or a particle since it can't be both, it must be something different. I would say it's something else.."Pure Energy a Reality Wake" comes to mind.

How do you see energy? <--not a trap..Really want to know:)
-BaC
xris wrote:
but if something is going faster than light as i agree it can..its not light...is it?
xris

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 10:13 am
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
Great question...It's sometimes a wave...others a particle, not a wave or a particle since it can't be both, it must be something different. I would say it's something else.."Pure Energy a Reality Wake" comes to mind.

How do you see energy? <--not a trap..Really want to know:)
-BaC
As another form of matter....energy is matter .matter is energy...every atom is or can be energy or it can form matter..energy could be matter changing its form..
xris

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 10:14 am
@xris,
I must ask again is c constant in E=MC/2 when its being practically used?
0 Replies

BaCaRdi

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 10:15 am
@xris,
very good... Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick..hehe<--does this answer you above question as well?

How many forms of energy can you recognize?
-BaC

xris wrote:
As another form of matter....energy is matter .matter is energy...every atom is or can be energy or it can form matter..energy could be matter changing its form..
xris

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 10:27 am
@BaCaRdi,
BaCaRdi wrote:
very good... Tick Tock Tick Tock Tick..hehe<--does this answer you above question as well?

How many forms of energy can you recognize?
-BaC
Wellbefore i answer how many, no it does not answer my question...i thought it was the relationship that the formula described and having a constant gave the other two the ability to be known when we knew one or the other..
BaCaRdi

Reply Tue 4 Nov, 2008 11:04 am
@xris,
Yes, I am sorry, I was connecting them to the rest of my posts.

Absolutely!

EDIT: Called a bound state Wink <--connect the dots my friend Wink
Tick Tock Tick Tock

http://www.bmj.com/content/vol317/issue7174/images/large/hasm19nv.f1r.jpeg

This requires "more" "thought" than a "formulation"...

-BaC
xris wrote:
Wellbefore i answer how many, no it does not answer my question...i thought it was the relationship that the formula described and having a constant gave the other two the ability to be known when we knew one or the other..
0 Replies