10 Favourite Movie Quotes

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 10:05 pm
AFI has 100 movie quotes, but to select only 10 of my favourites:

10. "I'll have what she's having."

9. "Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!"

8. "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

7. "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"

6. "Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

5. "You can't handle the truth!"

4. "Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth."

3. "Say hello to my little friend!"

2. "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

and of course we agree on this one:

1. "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 8,416 • Replies: 29
No top replies

TheRedMenace

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 08:42 am
@Victor Eremita,
This sounds fun. You pulled great legendary classics so I'll pull out soon to be classics.

10. Creedy: "You won't cry like him will you. You're not afraid of death are you. You're like me."
V: "The only thing we have in common, Mr. Creedy, is that we are both about to die." --V for Vendetta

9. Falco: "I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style... Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... last forever." --The Replacements

8. V: "A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world." --V for Vendetta

7. King Leonides: "THIS IS SPARTA!!!"-- 300

6. Tony Montana: "I always tell the truth, even when I lie."

5. Creedy: "What'cha gonna do, uh? We've swept this place, you've got nothing. Nothing but your bloody knives and your fancy karate gimmicks, we have guns."
V: "No. What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I am no longer standing because if I am you will be dead before you're very eyes" --V for Vendetta

4. The Joker: "You just couldn't let me go could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible aren't you? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness, and I won't kill you, because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever." --Dark Knight

3. Creedy: "Die! Die! Why won't you die!"
V: "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy and ideas are bulletproof." -- V for Vendetta

2. Robin: "Holy Robotic bank tellers, Batman!"
Gordon: "You mean an ATM?" --Batman the movie

1. V: "People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people" --V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta is in fact my favorite movie so I had to include quite a few amazing lines from that
averroes

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 07:42 pm
@Victor Eremita,
10. Behind this mask is more than flesh but an idea. and Ideas Are Bulletproof!
-V for Vendetta
9. I don't care what you believe, just believe!
-Serenity
8. What Knockers!
-Young Frankenstien
7. Game Over!
-Saw 1 (that is the line that made that movie remotely worth watching to me)
6. Blinkin, fix your boobs, you look like a bleedin' Picasso!
-Robin Hood: Men in Tights
5. Not to worry, we are now armed with Mighty Joint!
-History of the World: Part I
4. Live for nothing, or die for something.
-Rambo
3. Well, if there's a bright, shining light in the Universe this is where it's farthest from.
Star Wars, Episode IV
2. Honey, you wanna know who shot JFK?
-The Rock (Best ending line EVER!)
1. Only losers whine about how they tried. Winners go home and f**k the prom queen.
-The Rock
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2008 08:40 pm
@Victor Eremita,
"If I'd have known then what I know now, I'd have told him to shove that red pill right up his a$$!"
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 02:25 am
@Victor Eremita,
"No time for the old 'in-out', love, just come to read the meter!" -Alex ('A Clockwork Orange')
xris

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 04:40 am
@nameless,
Laugh it up fuzz ball...
0 Replies

John W Kelly

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 10:21 am
@Victor Eremita,
Victor Eremita wrote:
"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

:bigsmile: What a great movie! One of my all-time faves.
0 Replies

William

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 05:10 pm
@Victor Eremita,
I am a big movie fan and there are many quotes, but these are the one's that stood out and stayed with me:

"...history is written by those who have hanged heroes". Braveheart. (Introduction as quoted by Robert the Bruce)

"What I'm asking is... are we happier? Is the world fundamentally a better place because of science and technology? We shop at home, we surf the Web, and at the same time we feel emptier, lonelier, and more cut off from each other than at any other time in human history... " Contact. (Mathew MacConaughey)

"I'm not against technology, doctor. I'm against the men who deify it at the expense of human truth". Contact. (Mathew MacConaughey)

"I ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable- known someone that could level you with her eyes. Feeling like God put an angel on Earth just for you. That could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel. To have that love for her, be there for forever". Good Will Hunting. (Robin Williams teaching Matt Damon)

stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision; but nobody's paid much attention to them, not even the Buddhists or the Christians". K-PAX (Kevin Spacey to Jeff Bridges)

"There can be no crime where there is a sufficiency of everything" (Lost Horizon)
"Age is a limit we impose upon ourselves". (Lost Horizon)

"Love means never having to say you're sorry". (Love Story)

"....when the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window". (Julie Andrews in Sound of Music".

"Now wait, Merrick! Don't try to use this unless you're ready for it! You can't just try this out for a week like a new car, you know! And if you think you can feather your own nest with it, just forget it. Besides, this is dangerous stuff. One of the first men who used it went to the Cross at the age of thirty-three ...
Once you find the way, you'll be bound. It will obsess you. but believe me, it will be a magnificent obsession". ( Magnificent Obsession. Edward Randolf to Rock Hudson)

(Edit, forgot one):
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should". Jurassic Park
(Jeff Goldblum)

William
proV

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 07:58 am
@William,
Some good recent ones:

"Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose kung fu skills were the stuff of legend."
Narrator - Kung Fu Panda

"He was so deadly in fact, his enemies would go blind from over exposure of pure awesomeness!" Narrator - Kung Fu Panda

"One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it"
Oogway - Kung Fu Panda

"Life's funny. To a kid, time always drags. Suddenly you're fifty. All that's left of your childhood... fits in a rusty little box."

"If you're afraid of getting a rotten apple, don't go to the barrel. Get it off the tree."
Malone - The Untuchables

"So we'll hunt him... because he can take it." Gordon - The Dark Knight

"Through competition, we can discover ourselves."
Huo Yuanjia - Fearless

"Your own father said that artists use lies to tell the truth. Yes, I created a lie. But because you believed it, you found something true about yourself." V - V for Vendetta

"All you need is good people."
Captain - Das Boot

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright."
Red - Shawnhank Redemption
0 Replies

caesar2012

Reply Thu 25 Dec, 2008 02:04 am
@Victor Eremita,
When 900 years old you become look as good you will not.

Fuzzball = chewie

I have foreseen it.

Now they will know why they fear the dark.

KHAN!

To you it's Thanksgiving to me it's thursday.

I was going to Tashi Station to pick up some power converters.
kdryan

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:58 am
@caesar2012,
"We all see what we want to see. Coffey looks and he sees Russians. He sees hate and fear. You have to look with better eyes than that." - The Abyss (1989)

"How tragic that man can never realize how beautiful life is until he is face to face with death" - Ikiru (1952)

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses" - The Blues Brothers (1980)

"Earn this..." Saving Private Ryan (1998)

"Because I can't. I... had an experience... I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real! I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever... A vision... of the universe, that tells us, undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone! I wish... I... could share that... I wish, that everyone, if only for one... moment, could feel... that awe, and humility, and hope. But... That continues to be my wish." - Contact (1997)
0 Replies

Kolbe

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 04:53 pm
@Victor Eremita,
Sadly I only know one off the top of my head:
"Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you never woke from that dream? How could you tell the difference between the dream world and the real world?"
0 Replies

rambo phil

Reply Thu 15 Jan, 2009 01:06 am
@Victor Eremita,
I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less I'm free - vin Diesel Fast the the furious
0 Replies

thysin

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 10:51 pm
@Victor Eremita,
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the darkness at Tan Hauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die." - Roy Batty (Bladerunner)

"I'm your huckleberry" - Doc Holliday (Tombstone)
0 Replies

Jose phil

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 07:50 pm
@Victor Eremita,
Watched Batman Begins yesterday. Here are some moving and thought-provoking quotes.

"It's not who you are underneath, but what you do
0 Replies

doc phil

Reply Sun 22 Mar, 2009 09:20 pm
@Victor Eremita,
"There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
0 Replies

ReliantJDP

Reply Mon 23 Mar, 2009 09:42 pm
@TheRedMenace,
TheRedMenace wrote:

8. V: "A building is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it. Symbols are given power by people. A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, blowing up a building can change the world." --V for Vendetta

1. V: "People should not be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people" --V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta is in fact my favorite movie so I had to include quite a few amazing lines from that

Same here, great movie. Should become a classic
0 Replies

Jose phil

Reply Tue 24 Mar, 2009 10:33 am
@Victor Eremita,
vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! [He slashes a large V through a propaganda poster.] The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. [giggles] Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me "V"." - V
0 Replies

The Dude phil phil

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 12:34 pm
@Victor Eremita,
These aren't particularly my favorite quotes, just some that came to mind. I'm very indecisive and don't like choosing favorites anyhow.

10. "Even demons flee because they are horrified by what men do"
- Rashomon (1950)

9. "Selfish? What's wrong with that? It's the way we are, the way we live! You can't survive unless you're what you call 'selfish'!"
- Rashomon (1950)

8. Farmer: That's horrible!
Commoner: Why? If I don't steal this baby's clothes, someone else will!
Farmer: You're evil!
Commoner: Me, then what about the child's parents? I'm sure they enjoyed making the baby, but then they threw it away! That's the real evil.
- Rashomon (1950)

7. "Hate is Baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time"
- American History X (1998)

6. Donnie Darko: Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?
Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
- Donnie Dakro (2001)

5. Yeah well, you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.
- The Big Lebowski

4. "Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."
- The Big Lebowski

3. Nihilist: We believe in nothing, Lebowski. Nothing. And tomorrow we come back and we cut off your chonson.
The Dude: Excuse me?
Nihilist: I said
[shouting]
Nihilist: We'll cut off your johnson!
Nihilist #2: Just think about that, Lebowski.
Nihilist: Yeah, your wiggly penis, Lebowski.
Nihilist #3: Yeah and maybe we stomp on it and squoosh it, Lebowski.
- The Big Lebowski

2. "You know what? fuck beauty contests. Life is one fucking beauty contest after another. School, then college, then work... fuck that. And fuck the Air Force Academy. If I want to fly, I'll find a way to fly. You do what you love, and fuck the rest."

- Little Miss Sunshine

1. Princess Leia: I love you.
Han Solo: I know.
- I shouldn't even have to link to this.
0 Replies

Seriost

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 02:27 pm
@Victor Eremita,
"Say hello to my little friend!" Scarface.

Beat that.
0 Replies