Argument from free will

No0ne

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 03:12 pm
@iconoclast,
iconoclast wrote:
Thanks for your reply no-one - but I think it fair to wait upon the author of the line I quoted to offer his reply.

That said: If God can

If I understand you correctly, the third option: 'none of the above' is not an option.

Why would any god of such, bind it's self by what it has binded it's creation's by?

So would humanity even know the choice's of that god, if man cannot understand the choice's of somthing that is not bound by what man is bound by...

Hence If you where that god would you bind your self to the duality of to choose or not to choose, or would you see the importance of making your own that is not of that duality, or somthing that is beyond the concept of duality?

In my opinion, it's arrogant of humanity for trying to attempt to understand what cannot be understood within the the existence that humanity dwel's within...

(Yes god's 3rd option is not an option, for it is somthing that is beyond the understanding of man, for it could be somthing that cannot be portrayed by humanity in any way, shape, or form, or it could be somthing that can.)

For we all live within a Finite existence... for we are bound by that fact...
mashiaj

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 04:53 pm
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:
Why would any god of such, bind it's self by what it has binded it's creation's by?

So would humanity even know the choice's of that god, if man cannot understand the choice's of somthing that is not bound by what man is bound by...

Hence If you where that god would you bind your self to the duality of to choose or not to choose, or would you see the importance of making your own that is not of that duality, or somthing that is beyond the concept of duality?

In my opinion, it's arrogant of humanity for trying to attempt to understand what cannot be understood within the the existence that humanity dwel's within...

(Yes god's 3rd option is not an option, for it is somthing that is beyond the understanding of man, for it could be somthing that cannot be portrayed by humanity in any way, shape, or form, or it could be somthing that can.)

For we all live within a Finite existence... for we are bound by that fact...

why cannot be understood?
de Silentio

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 08:59 pm
@de Silentio,
de Silentio wrote:
The notion of choice does not apply to an all knowing being. So God can neither choose nor not choose.

mashiaj, I apologize for not responding. My statement is related to an idea that I have been working on for quite some time. However, the idea is not completely developed and therefore I am not ready to defend it.

It was an err on my part for making a statement that I can not adequetly defend (at least not yet).

Just thought I would let you know.
0 Replies

No0ne

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 03:38 pm
@mashiaj,
mashiaj wrote:
why cannot be understood?

Seemly to stick with the theme of are existence, which is duality.

So far that's one of the reason's "why", why cannot be understood.

Seemly it's the active theme in are existence, which can be seen in everything, from male & female to gravity & dark matter, good & bad, push & pull, etc.

But it seems duality's have duality's to each side of its duality, which has made understanding why, very complex.

(maybe I miss understood your question, are you asking if "why" cannot be understood?)
sigmunky

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 08:47 am
@No0ne,
Out of interest, have you guys heard of Laplace's Demon? Laplace's Demon

It was a theory/creation of Pierre Laplace back in 1814, which postulated that if a being knew the current state of the universe precisely and completely (i.e omniscient), it could also know the future (through causal determinism). But it was labelled a "demon" not a "God", because it conflicts with the idea of free will held by most religions..
0 Replies