Anarchism as the only appropriate facture of democracy.

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:02 am
[di-mok-ruh-see]-noun, plural -cies.

1.government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
2.a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies.
3.a state of society characterized by formal equality of rights and privileges.
4.political or social equality; democratic spirit.
5.the common people of a community as distinguished from any privileged class; the common people with respect to their political power.

Source : Dictionary.com Unanbridged(v 1.1)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 921 • Replies: 3
No top replies

iconoclast

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:23 am
@diamantis,
what's a facture?

Khethil

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:30 am
@iconoclast,
iconoclast wrote:
what's a facture?

You know, I had to look that one up (Definition), but it still had no obvious relation to the topic wording or definition given... I started to post, aborted it, looked it up and started to ask a question, then aborted it all and went onto the next thread.

I'm sure I'm missing something...
iconoclast

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 06:55 am
@Khethil,
Khethil,

facture: the manner in which something (as an artistic work) is made

So that would mean the title is: Anarchism as the only approapriate manner in which democracy is made?

Why can't people just write simply in plain English words? I think it's because they want to appear clever, but what's clever about saying something in a way no-one understands?

How about 'anarchism is the only legitimate form of democracy'??

It's the ultimate democratic value but representative democracy is more practical and more in tune with human nature. Values conflict and need to be authoritatively allocated. Some people are leaders and others need to be led. Get rid of big government and on the one hand lose the ability to make group decisions, on health, education, waste collection etc, while on the other, have smaller gang based pseudo-governments form and have no relatively objective criteria for the use of force.

iconoclast.
0 Replies