letter to the soul

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 04:05 am
if you had a to write a letter to your soul for permission for existience what would you say about your self and why ?Smile
what would you not say ?
i am curious here as i just wonder how in touch with your true self you really are.:confused:
just for the record i am a plain speaker so try to keep to the point and not waffle off on meaningless tangents thanks Smile
much peace
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,243 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Khethil

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 06:04 am
@raven phil,
raven wrote:
if you had a to write a letter to your soul for permission for existience what would you say about your self and why ?Smile

Oh my gosh, what a question! Good mind-tickler, for sure...

What hits me right off is that I have no 'permission' to exist. My existence, like that spider I killed in the flower garden the other day, didn't ask for permission, didn't get what wasn't asked for and needs none. He and I simply 'are' (or in his case, 'was'). The how or why are, as I distinguish them, completely separate issues. Am I on the right track here?

Is this meant to flesh out what might be termed "How Am I worthy for this great gift of existence"? If so, I'd have to backtrack and counter with "Is there anything that might *make* us worthy?" or "Need we be?". Nonetheless, good food for thought.
raven phil

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 07:32 am
@Khethil,
there is no right or wrong track here only what your feel so just go with your thoughts it requires going within and can only be answerd by what feels right for you
no book holds the any answer ,no relgion either its just what you feel your letter needs to say:)
0 Replies

Holiday20310401

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 10:31 am
@raven phil,
raven wrote:
what would you not say ?
i am curious here as i just wonder how in touch with your true self you really are.:confused:
just for the record i am a plain speaker so try to keep to the point and not waffle off on meaningless tangents thanks Smile
much peace

I would not say much, just place me in a being with the physical ability to be able to reason, have a purpose, find purpose, and have a sense of benevolence. Stay away from isolation, and be sane, sanity leads to virtuousness.:cool:
0 Replies