Truth is Just a Rationality Probability Function

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 07:36 pm
Ok just have a theory I want test out on you guys.

I want to see if the outcome I present here will be inevitably possible without using the word if in the conversation, because nobody says 'if' in the scenario you are about to read. Before anybody contributes to this though you have to pick the side you wish to be on (the person you wish to be). So you'll pronounce your blurb with Person A: , or Person B:.

You can be either person A or person B. One of the people is the girl and one of the people is the guy. The only thing that defines the two are the definitions they carry.

And you are not told who person A is or person B, and you are not to define them empirically (meaning you can't blurt out the person's identity), (well you can it just won't mean anything, because you could be lying).

And once the chat between the person A and B is over (say after a couple pages) everybody here then comes to a rational conclusion as to who person A and B are based on the "empirical" evidence being the conversation. Oh and the conversation... this is a philosophy forum:rolleyes:.

The idea is to see that it is really just intellect that determines truth, that empirical truth is really just rational interpretation. So the truth that person A is the girl and person B is the guy (or perhaps its vice versa) is in fact only determined by the measure of thinking you did, and that in an infinite potential to trump the other person's argument as to why the person is the identity you say it is (proving an uncertainty) is never going to make it absolute. There is always going to be a probability in the infinite system.

Oh!.... that means that if the probability becomes more uncertain or harder to predict then the system the subject of the probability has influence on is greater, or sorry... more intrinsic/greater... you get it.

Therefore empirical truths are not purely universal truths because the universal truth implies the truth undertakes an infinite potential (which it cannot).

So I just want to see that my prediction is right (I think its pretty obvious). I believe that even with empirical data to define two subjects and using reason to determine the validity of the two, there can be no way to know for sure, except that this particular scenario is an exception, just because.Laughing

Oh and I forgot to mention... this conversation is only experienced as text like we experience the exchange of information here. There is absolutely nothing else. I want to come to further conclusions like how the probability of electron movements are due to the wrong perceptions not giving viable information for empirical subjection. Change the perception and the information changes. The data always remains constant and there to collect, it just can't be all taken in at once when there is an infinite potential of it and only a finite amount of harnessed information from it due to the limiting factor of whatever the contextual process may be.

Anyone can start off the conversation, remember there is always only 2 subjects in this scenario.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 970 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Fido

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 08:18 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Truth is primarily a form of relationship, between people, and then -between our conception of reality, and reality.. Every thing we know is a conception, and idea of reality, which we cannot know directly, or fully.. And still, the conception must fit with reality when we draw conclusions from it... And that is sort of the test, if the conclusions we draw are not reliable, or must constantly be corrected, as with the Ptolemaic universe...

Oh, I forgot, the form of relationship... So, If truth was a form of our relationship, I would say your construct was full of poopy...Other than that, our relationship is fine...
Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 08:20 pm
@Fido,
Awe you're no fun. You obviously don't like sociology. This is why I state ( and still stand by it) that this particular scenario is an exception.
nameless

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 08:24 pm
@Holiday20310401,
'Truth', for you, is whatever you 'feel/think/accept' it to be, for you, at the moment.

"In Silentium, Verum!" ("In Silence, Truth!") - Book of Fudd (1:1)
Fido

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 08:26 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Awe you're no fun. You obviously don't like sociology. This is why I state ( and still stand by it) that this particular scenario is an exception.
hmmm... I guess that is why my wife hates my guts most of the time... That's why they call it love...Because they lie like hell...
0 Replies

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 1 Dec, 2008 08:46 pm
@nameless,
I know. I just wanted to experiment to be sure. And then I was hoping to figure out whether this can be applied to figuring out the morals of a subject when the subject doesn't clearly define their morals in it's information it passes on to the other subject.

For example, the liberals and conservatives. If the leaders from the two parties had a chat about an ethical problem that is so new and unthought of that it can`t be clearly defined by their position... would they (if intellectually balanced) have the same moral view on the matter in the end? Would they have any social differences at all?

Or is the concept of parties really just a social invention to satisfy competitiveness? I think it really is in the end.
0 Replies