Cognition deductive?

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 11:04 am
Is cognition naturally deductive?

I'm sorry but I don't have much to add to that, its a question I'm struggling with.:brickwall::ashamed::confused:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,121 • Replies: 2
No top replies

boagie

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 11:17 am
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday,Smile

It is an interesting question, an evaluation might be said to be a judgement of what is truth and what is false, and the incremental degrees between the two. Truth however does not properly belong to the object and it only belongs to the subject as the experience of the relation between subject and object. Understand it does NOT belong to object but belongs to the subject as an evaluation of the relational meaning to the subjects own biology. All meaning is the property of a subject or a consciousness. So, is consciousness naturally debuctive, yes in its determination of the relation of things to itself.
0 Replies

Mr Fight the Power

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 01:22 pm
@Holiday20310401,
Holiday20310401 wrote:
Is cognition naturally deductive?

I'm sorry but I don't have much to add to that, its a question I'm struggling with.:brickwall::ashamed::confused:

I don't really have a reasonable explanation for why, other than what I understand of my own thoughts (not a very strong position), but I would say that the mind is adept at deduction, induction, and abduction.

What is it about the question that puzzles you?
0 Replies