Khethil

Reply Sat 12 Sep, 2009 05:19 pm
Free and Empty
[INDENT]I was there, in the mix and the muck.
In a place of excitement, validation and ego.

Awash in the warmth of a stranger's touch; soaked with false treasure.
Even now, writhing the words from my mind,

I can see their faces their bodies.
Yet the image fades, and the feeling drifts.

Singles, cheaters and lonleys: we were all there.
We took, we dived and we swam with each other. All to find, in the end.

That we were, at long last, left with only ourselves and burning memories[/INDENT]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 929 • Replies: 12
No top replies

salima

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 08:28 pm
@Khethil,
khethil! i didnt know you had it in you...what a surprise!
i like both the poems you posted-they are so mysterious and so 'not explicit'. i always end up spelling everything out and limiting the interpretation, but you leave things wide open.
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 09:18 am
@Khethil,
Thank you for saying so.

Yes, it's about exactly what you think it's about. Although I think we don't much talk about such things (le Victorian attitude still corrupts), the episode I was writing about has been the source of much introspection. It feels overly somber, but hey... I'm no poet.

Thanks again
salima

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 09:39 am
@Khethil,
actually i am so naive i didnt know what you were talking about...but that's ok too! i thought it might have started out in a bar though...

you are too a poet!
Caroline

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 09:49 am
@Khethil,
Yeah i agree you are a poet.
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 08:59 am
@salima,
salima;90330 wrote:
actually i am so naive i didnt know what you were talking about...but that's ok too! i thought it might have started out in a bar though...

Oh wow, I'd LOVE to start a bar. I'm sure it'd be a major pain in many ways, but I've always thought it'd be a great way to witness the many varieties of personalities first-hand (perhaps not so much these days, since the prudent social use of alcohol as a verbal-lubricant has been so de-glamorized). I suppose I generally have a dim view of humanity in many ways; even so, I love people (yea I know...)

Thanks again
0 Replies

salima

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 09:57 am
@Khethil,
the trouble is, unless you are also drinking a lot they are all going to look very stupid to you. at least that's what happened to me. one guy wanted to marry me and must have been 20 years younger...another one crying about nothing in particular...and the piano bar, where people all thought they could sing. egads, i just remembered a night that i thought was forever buried in my memory! next time my girl friend said 'let's go out' i said 'no thanks.'

not to be judgmental about drinking, not at all- i would have made a great drunk, it is just my luck i have some enzyme problem or something and i couldnt do it without serious toxic shock. i envy people who can drink a lot...i am a teetotaler now.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 10:00 am
@Khethil,
I've worked on the other side of the bar before and I can tell ya, the glass is always half full!
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 04:56 pm
@Khethil,
I mean kegs of the suff, so much so you needed a big huge bear glass. Cheers! But I don't drink now, hardly touch the stuff.
0 Replies

William

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 06:16 pm
@Khethil,
Khethil;90321 wrote:
........but hey... I'm no poet.

Please forgive me but;

He's a poet
But didn't know it;
His feet show it,
For they be........Longfellow's

I couldn't resist, hope you laughed,:bigsmile:

William
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 05:15 am
@Khethil,
Yeah it made me laugh. Who's Longfellow?
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 08:09 am
@Khethil,
You know Khethil, last orders were the best, when the bell rings, it's a swift half and kick the nutters out ready for a lock in 'til the wee hours of the morning, great stuff, I loved working there, The Kings Head, always, always had a good laugh.Smile
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Thu 17 Sep, 2009 12:33 pm
@Khethil,
And of course big ole knees up.
0 Replies