1
   

Angry, Are We?

 
 
Khethil
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 08:38 am
@Caroline,
All good points folks; and yes, to whomever mentioned that my examples weren't perhaps so good - you're quite right and thank you.

But this...
Caroline wrote:
... when they grew up because i suppose they thought they would get a happy ending just like the movie, i tell you that made me angry.

Is precisely the issue. And in this good example, it seems to be consciously realized. What I have to wonder is just how many such "let downs from expectation to reality" take place that we're not consciously aware of.

I don't know how far down, nor in what direction, this rabbit hole goes. I only know that I believe it's relevant.

Thanks
Caroline
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 09:32 am
@Khethil,
Khethil wrote:

Is precisely the issue. And in this good example, it seems to be consciously realized. What I have to wonder is just how many such "let downs from expectation to reality" take place that we're not consciously aware of.

Thanks

That's something I struggle within myself alot.
0 Replies
 
William
 
  1  
Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 02:48 pm
@Khethil,
Now. In addition to the two links I posted earlier, I am about to post another. Most that is posted on the internet, one will come their own conclusions as to validity of the information. So far the overall consensus from those who have posted in this thread it is easy to conclude we are in agreement as to the information that is being spewed by the mass media. Now who is responsible for that? Now, this clip will tell you exactly that and I just happen to believe it, personally. Not totally a hundred percent, but enough to share it with you.

What I am going to ask you to do is ignore the messenger, which is the website itself for it seems it is a "white supremacist's" group and it may very well may be. What is important is the information it contains, though their reasoning behind expending such time and effort obtaining such information is appalling. In my opinion any group that espouses it's supremacy over anyone is appalling. One very clever tool of propagandists is the issuing of what is known as "dis-information", which is the taking of a truth and filtering it with splinters of malignant information that would cause the reader to doubt the information or discredit it and stop reading. This could be in play here. I don't know. You can judge for yourself. Actually, there is very little in the article that pertains to this bigoted group which to me is a bit unusual.

Please read it in it's entirety before you respond. I would sincerely like to know what everyone thinks.

http://www.natall.com/who-rules-america/


Thank you,
William

PS: After posting the above, I peruse more of the website and literally wanted to throw up. Please disregard all but that i ask you to read. It is really hard to believe this type of mentality exists. I will not comment on it for it seems to me to be completely over the top and painful to hear. So much so that it causes me to wonder if it is all a fabrication and totally dis-information. Nevertheless the page I ask you to read is accurate as far as I can tell by the way it is presented. I could be wrong which is why I am soliciting your opinion.
Ultracrepidarian
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 12:39 am
@William,
I'm not sure, I'd like to hear more. After watching The Little Mermaid, girls want to be mermaids. After watching a Julia Roberts movie, they want to be Julia Roberts.

Perhaps Hollywood should not have changed the ending, I'm not entirely sure.
Prostitutes deserve "and-they-lived-happily-ever-after" endings too, yes? All of the movies about a prostitute don't have to have a lesson about the perils of prostitution before Prince Charming pops the question. There was Kim(?) too, her best friend. I like that actress, but I can't remember her name. She was a streetwalker, but she was continually screwing up her life. At the end of the movie, our lovely Roberts was sending her off to school I think. A far cry from her ending up dead in a ditch, that's true, but it is something.

There were no symposiums on the evils of selling sex, but there were admonishments here and there and it was not all roses. Julia Roberts's bright smile and pleasant vocal styling in the bathtub makes an overpowering impression and girls want to be beautiful.

Before anyone accuses me of encouraging young women to become hookers, I say that if a girl watches Pretty Woman and goes on to become a prostitute, it will give me pause to think. That being said though, does it actually happen? It might. But Pretty Woman is not a bad movie by that standard. I believe there are far worse movies out there. How about "The Matrix". Here is a trilogy that I actually like, but the message of which I'm ready to hate. Bad example? Beavis and so-and-so the movie. American Pie. Movies that glorify gansterism. A Beautiful Mind (intensely disliked). Oh, geez, I feel like I'm leaving some out. Wink

TV is an easy target. I have plenty of bad things to say about TV. And heavy metal *noise*, alcohol and poorly written history books. There is good and bad television. Television is used in moderation and often abused. I know. I know. I'm overgeneralizing now and I hate that, but I honestly don't think there is anything wrong with TV. Does TV cause cancer? Okay, my wind is mandering. Salima said something about the internet a minute ago. I thought that was interesting. Internet is more user-directed. More channels on the internet than a television set.
0 Replies
 
salima
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 12:44 am
@William,
hi william-
i believe someone is controlling the media in america, i have no doubt of that. but there is a lot of twists in the logic of the argument these people (on the website) are proposing.

in the first place, why would this group they accuse of controlling the media want to portray black people the way it is suggested they are being portrayed? how would it be to their advantage? and in the second place, i dont see any truth in the type of programming they are talking about. i still see black people for the most part pushed to the sidelines in television except for sitcoms. movies there are some success stories, but the worst is still the news. it has been a long time since i left, but i imagine the american newspapers and television stations still report 'black man holding a gun' or 'black man dressed in jeans and tee shirt' etc. they never specify an alleged perpetrator is white.

the other issue they are trying to introduce is that jewish people are ok with homosexuality. as far as i know from their scriptures, it is DEFINITELY not ok with them. i havent been looking into it, but i guess it could be researched how is the situation in israel for gays.

so it seems to me the gist of the article is to try and foster hatred against these three groups, jews, blacks and gays. they want to make people hate jews for controlling their media, and blacks and gays because the jews support them. that doesnt mean they dont happen to know who is controlling the country. but they are only using that information for their own agenda. the truth will come out sooner or later, and if these guys are proved right, think what it will do for their position in the country. they will be looked upon as the good guys who warned us.
William
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 10:27 am
@salima,
salima wrote:
hi william-
i believe someone is controlling the media in america, i have no doubt of that. but there is a lot of twists in the logic of the argument these people (on the website) are proposing.

in the first place, why would this group they accuse of controlling the media want to portray black people the way it is suggested they are being portrayed? how would it be to their advantage? and in the second place, i dont see any truth in the type of programming they are talking about. i still see black people for the most part pushed to the sidelines in television except for sitcoms. movies there are some success stories, but the worst is still the news. it has been a long time since i left, but i imagine the american newspapers and television stations still report 'black man holding a gun' or 'black man dressed in jeans and tee shirt' etc. they never specify an alleged perpetrator is white.

the other issue they are trying to introduce is that jewish people are ok with homosexuality. as far as i know from their scriptures, it is DEFINITELY not ok with them. i havent been looking into it, but i guess it could be researched how is the situation in israel for gays.

so it seems to me the gist of the article is to try and foster hatred against these three groups, jews, blacks and gays. they want to make people hate jews for controlling their media, and blacks and gays because the jews support them. that doesnt mean they dont happen to know who is controlling the country. but they are only using that information for their own agenda. the truth will come out sooner or later, and if these guys are proved right, think what it will do for their position in the country. they will be looked upon as the good guys who warned us.


Hello Salima,
No culture, white, black, oriental, hispanic or whatever likes the cultures, lifestyles, opinions, truths of another force upon them. It takes time, trust, communication, respect and understanding for a diverse peope to learn to get along with each other. Under the auspices of "civil rights and equality" we made one of the biggest mistakes we could have ever made in this country and that was to "force everyone to get along" overnight, as it were. What you are reading and the vitriolic venom it is spewing is a direct result of that. What this website does, it gives those reasons why it is so angry, regardless of it's bigoted reasons, and in this case it is to preserve what it defines as it's "ethnic purity". The truth of the matter is they are beating up on others who are striving to do the same thing.

Ethnic purity is a bogus, illusionary term that cements those barriers that separate us and as a result, we kill each other. And as long as one group maintains it's "superiority" to another, we always will kill each other, for all are truly created equal in that we all have a "right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness", that "should not" be dependent on how much knowledge or wealth one has.

We have greatly raped and pillaged the great constitution on which America was formed. It was a work of art in that it wanted to establish a foundation for which would create an example for the world to follow with the hopes of bringing down those barriers that separate us. Unfortunately knowledge, wealth and hidden agendas and a gross interpretation on what "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is all about, has all but destroyed any hopes of creating that foundation. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness should have nothing to do with power, wealth or knowledge. Unfortunately in America today life, liberty and happiness is absolutely dependent on how much knowledge you have and how much money you have in the bank. If you have little of either you are considered "worthless" to those agendas that control America these days. That power and it's agenda is exactly what this bigoted website is identifying with it's research concerning the most influential machine in the world today, the mass media. Unfortunately it remains unclear as to what this agenda is. Perhaps it is to "rule" the world, by creating the chaos that is so prevalent in the world today.

If we had the right, as a people, to vote on every single issue that arose that affected our very lives, it would be different, I assure you, but we don't. Money controls America now and nothing else matters. Screw life, liberty and any happiness all the people are entitled to. If it can make money exploiting the frailties of the innocent it will, I guarantee it. If those who rule can get votes by pandering to the obscene and extreme, they will to maintain their selfish power. All men are created equal has become a joke. Yes we are all equal as it relates to all having the right to enjoy life on this planet as long as that life is not at the expense or endangerment to another human being.

We have been conditioned to conserve "ethnic purity". Ethnic purity, my ass. I don't have to explain what ethnic purity can lead to. Does genocide ring a bell. That last website clearly identified what can occur from that mind set of maintaining ethnic purity. Damn.

William
0 Replies
 
Sympathypains
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 01:22 pm
@Khethil,
You wouldn't happen to be bitter and angry over all the bitter and angry people, by any chance would you?

; )
Khethil
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 01:40 pm
@Sympathypains,
Sympathypains wrote:
You wouldn't happen to be bitter and angry over all the bitter and angry people, by any chance would you?

; )



Haha, good one! I was wondering if that might occur to someone.
0 Replies
 
William
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 03:20 pm
@Sympathypains,
Sympathypains wrote:
You wouldn't happen to be bitter and angry over all the bitter and angry people, by any chance would you?

; )


I imagine there is some deeper philosophical meaning behind your comment pertaining to my use of the word "damn". huh? If you don't mind please, elaborate as to what it is about ethnic purity and the extent people will go to, to keep it pure that makes you all sweet and cheery. ha, if you don't mind. Assuming I am interpreting your comment accurately, of course.

Thanks,
William
salima
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 06:39 pm
@Khethil,
william, i can only guess the agenda behind this kind of thing is greed-money, money, money. but that is a means to power, so i guess that is the ultimate goal.

ethnic purity is impossible of course-i am anglo indian, which means that during the fight for independence in india i would have been shot at by both sides. i am a mixture of at least three races, most likely four, and minimum six nationalities. who do i identify with? the bottom line is, our race or our national heritage is not our identity. yes, it contributed to what we have become, but much of that, and most definitely any of that which has meaning, can be changed by our own choice.

politically people are ruled by fear. anger comes from fear. i see it here in india where crowds are turned into lynch mobs at hearing a rumor that someone made a threat to their cultural identity, and it garners blocks of votes in the bank. in america it is the fear of the invading other. while i was growing up it was the russians, the communists, everyone was always looking under the bed for communists. today it is the muslims, the immigrants, etc etc.

and the people who foster the anger are not even mildly concerned with the issues they are tapping into that become the priority of the backlash. they only want to control them. at least, that is the way i see it today...
William
 
  1  
Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 07:48 pm
@salima,
salima wrote:
william, i can only guess the agenda behind this kind of thing is greed-money, money, money. but that is a means to power, so i guess that is the ultimate goal.


Good swing. You hit the ball out of the park. Bravo!

William
0 Replies
 
Sympathypains
 
  1  
Reply Tue 19 May, 2009 12:41 am
@William,
William wrote:
I imagine there is some deeper philosophical meaning behind your comment pertaining to my use of the word "damn". huh? If you don't mind please, elaborate as to what it is about ethnic purity and the extent people will go to, to keep it pure that makes you all sweet and cheery. ha, if you don't mind. Assuming I am interpreting your comment accurately, of course.

Thanks,
William


I was addressing the OP. When there's no quote, that's generally what I'm pointing at.

I was making a joke about the irony of complaining about people that complain.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

How can we be sure? - Discussion by Raishu-tensho
Proof of nonexistence of free will - Discussion by litewave
morals and ethics, how are they different? - Question by existential potential
Destroy My Belief System, Please! - Discussion by Thomas
Star Wars in Philosophy. - Discussion by Logicus
Existence of Everything. - Discussion by Logicus
Is it better to be feared or loved? - Discussion by Black King
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Angry, Are We?
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.05 seconds on 07/31/2021 at 03:53:04