Kayne and Gary: Episode One

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 10:05 am
I wanted to post some creative writing, but I didn't want to slap up masses of text because it turns people off and become more of a chore than anything to read. So I though I'd try some short episodic writing about two of my favorite homegrown characters, Kayne Psyches and Gary Dava. This is the first episode and I have nearly finished the next one, so I will add it tomorrow probably. Critique appreciated.
Dan.

[CENTER]___________________
Episode: 1
[/CENTER]
were aged scars, all faded and flush, seemingly too old for the young face which was now unnaturally twitching into consciousness.
We have a very ideal sense of how one should naturally awake; slowly for starters. With a gentle slap of the tongue against the roof of ones mouth as the eyes creep open. All this should then be followed by the animation of the limbs through wholesome and physically satisfying stretching, often topped-off with a grin and a sigh. But the boy's body did very much the opposite of this, ceasing and twitching progressively from bottom to top, very quickly mind you, until his eyes slammed open and he was still with an expression of dread and horror across his face.
Abruptly awake and wasting no time he launched onto his feet and began to run, apparently oblivious to the pain of many hundreds of pine needles stabbing him in the feet and very apparently away from something - from what I don't know. But, his face lacked expression as he dodged and ducked the various branches and tree trunks he was hurling himself at, and he ran with an air of automation, the way a cat stalks and runs after long stringy inanimate things. Stranger still, his sprinting was executed with astounding agility and speed, especially considering the darkness of the woods, and he'd ran a great distance too, that was, until he happened upon a track - Psyches Way. Upon meeting the crude and seldom used dirt pathway there was no thinking done, no change in the boys speed and no hesitation. He ran straight onto it and then along it, for better or for worse, and with no deliberation, towards the house that Kayne built.
[CENTER] [/CENTER]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 570 • Replies: 0
No top replies