The Minds Path.

No0ne

Reply Thu 26 Feb, 2009 07:44 pm
For all that be in the state of conscious and go to sleep, for there consciousness will return to the state nothingness where consciousness and time exist not.

The "Order Of State's Of Consciousness Of The Mind".

1.Nothingness (Asleep)
2.Dreams
3.Lucid Dreams
4.Consciousness (Awake)

For all consciousness returns from where it came from.

Yet what role dose the unconsciousness have in this cycle?

Is it just to infulance your consciousness durning 2,3, and 4, and to maintain a place for you to awake?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,189 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Kielicious

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:26 pm
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:

To keep your heart beating and lungs full of oxygen;)
0 Replies

xris

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 01:12 pm
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:
For all that be in the state of conscious and go to sleep, for there consciousness will return to the state nothingness where consciousness and time exist not.

1.Nothingness (Asleep)
2.Dreams
3.Lucid Dreams
4.Consciousness (Awake)

Is it just to infulance your consciousness durning 2,3, and 4, and to maintain a place for you to awake?
I thought it was the time when the body closed down the most and where we loose time .It only served initially to stop us getting bored in the darkness.
0 Replies

rhinogrey

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 12:49 pm
@No0ne,
Unconsciousness isn't bound to the output structures the ego exerts on consciousness, therefore untying us from a hard-and-fast conception of reality favored by the institutions that define social interaction.

So long as man can sleep, he will never be complacent as a slave.
Fido

Reply Sat 14 Mar, 2009 12:59 pm
@rhinogrey,
rhinogrey wrote:
Unconsciousness isn't bound to the output structures the ego exerts on consciousness, therefore untying us from a hard-and-fast conception of reality favored by the institutions that define social interaction.

So long as man can sleep, he will never be complacent as a slave.

Really??? I think I'll take a nap, if the ruling class doesn't own them all...I could alway put it back later...
0 Replies

stargazer phil

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2009 12:51 pm
@No0ne,
No0ne wrote:

1.Nothingness (Asleep)
2.Dreams
3.Lucid Dreams
4.Consciousness (Awake)

What you have pointed out here is something that most people never think of. I think it is of primary importance to learn from nature in every facet of life; to learn why there are certain laws of nature. The fact that we will die if we don't take our consciousness away from this place is a law of nature and it is this way for a reason. Our body actually has no need for sleep; it may need rest, but this is totally different from a consciousness related issue. It is our mind that is somehow benefitting from deep sleep. If you don't sleep, you will go crazy and hallucinate, etc. But there aren't any known reasons why the brain must have sleep, only theories. It seems to be an issue most intimately related to consciousness and mind. Things that science doesn't really understand.

Anyway, this is an issue I have pondered a lot. The main lesson is that, apparently, we aren't supposed to get too wrapped up in what is going on in the realm of waking consciousness. We are to somehow transcend this place, to go beyond it. Most people go about their daily business without ever learning how to see right, or to be conscious correctly. There is supposed to be an element of your consciousness that is always going beyond your present circumstance. It isn't me saying this, it is nature with its enforcement of deep sleep in our lives. HOwever, most wake up each day completely leaving behind the state of mind imparted to them by deep sleep. They wake up and start thinking about the day ahead of them and they experience all of the ramifications of their mind according to the consequences that these thoughts set in motion. I have told myself before to try to live as if on the verge of sleep. The only problem is that we tend to associate this state of mind with sleep. We always have it just before we fall asleep or upon awakening. It doesn't have to be associated with sleep. The problem is that this transcendent state of mind appears useless to us because our philosophy of life is so skewed toward being instead of including non being. Nobody understands the purpose of non being in consciousness. When they think non being, they think death and death is always to be avoided in every way. ON the contrary, someone who hasn't factored the lessons of death/deep sleep/non being into their lives and consciousness is much less than a spiritual being. Non being can be used to achieve peace of mind, actually there is no other way to achieve true peace of mind.

To ask what the role of the unconscious is is to ask what the role of non being is. Obviously whatever may be on the other side of the void is beyond our ability to know (unless perhaps it can be experienced in advanced meditation?) and so it is useless to speculate what is actually going on when we become unconscious. All we can do is observe what appears to be the parameters of this life and live according to them. And it is not a mystical thing at all to say that our biology seems to be working in tandem with some force of nature that is taking our consciousness out of this world so we can transcend it. So I would say that the role of the unconscious is to teach us about consciousness, just as death is to teach us about life.:listening:
rhinogrey

Reply Wed 25 Mar, 2009 10:49 am
@stargazer phil,
stargazer wrote:
What you have pointed out here is something that most people never think of. I think it is of primary importance to learn from nature in every facet of life; to learn why there are certain laws of nature. The fact that we will die if we don't take our consciousness away from this place is a law of nature and it is this way for a reason. Our body actually has no need for sleep; it may need rest, but this is totally different from a consciousness related issue. It is our mind that is somehow benefitting from deep sleep. If you don't sleep, you will go crazy and hallucinate, etc. But there aren't any known reasons why the brain must have sleep, only theories. It seems to be an issue most intimately related to consciousness and mind. Things that science doesn't really understand.

Anyway, this is an issue I have pondered a lot. The main lesson is that, apparently, we aren't supposed to get too wrapped up in what is going on in the realm of waking consciousness. We are to somehow transcend this place, to go beyond it. Most people go about their daily business without ever learning how to see right, or to be conscious correctly. There is supposed to be an element of your consciousness that is always going beyond your present circumstance. It isn't me saying this, it is nature with its enforcement of deep sleep in our lives. HOwever, most wake up each day completely leaving behind the state of mind imparted to them by deep sleep. They wake up and start thinking about the day ahead of them and they experience all of the ramifications of their mind according to the consequences that these thoughts set in motion. I have told myself before to try to live as if on the verge of sleep. The only problem is that we tend to associate this state of mind with sleep. We always have it just before we fall asleep or upon awakening. It doesn't have to be associated with sleep. The problem is that this transcendent state of mind appears useless to us because our philosophy of life is so skewed toward being instead of including non being. Nobody understands the purpose of non being in consciousness. When they think non being, they think death and death is always to be avoided in every way. ON the contrary, someone who hasn't factored the lessons of death/deep sleep/non being into their lives and consciousness is much less than a spiritual being. Non being can be used to achieve peace of mind, actually there is no other way to achieve true peace of mind.

To ask what the role of the unconscious is is to ask what the role of non being is. Obviously whatever may be on the other side of the void is beyond our ability to know (unless perhaps it can be experienced in advanced meditation?) and so it is useless to speculate what is actually going on when we become unconscious. All we can do is observe what appears to be the parameters of this life and live according to them. And it is not a mystical thing at all to say that our biology seems to be working in tandem with some force of nature that is taking our consciousness out of this world so we can transcend it. So I would say that the role of the unconscious is to teach us about consciousness, just as death is to teach us about life.:listening:

Great stuff here, thanks a lot! I couldn't agree more with what you're saying. Your own observations are in line with many of my own.

It's an aspect of being human--being a walking contradiction. We spend our time balancing the line between non-being and being--we are always becoming. We exist in the grey between the pillars of good and evil, consciousness and unconsciousness. If people could somehow acclimate this perspective into their lives, things may be different.
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 01:46 am
@No0ne,
Existence speaks to us , if only we would becomestill and listen , then we will know
0 Replies

Alan McDougall

Reply Tue 31 Mar, 2009 01:53 am
@No0ne,
Existence speaks to us , if only we would become still, listen touch look and feel , then we will know the mind of god and what our purpose is in this brief life and whatever lies beyond
0 Replies

KaseiJin

Reply Sat 18 Apr, 2009 08:21 am
@No0ne,
Is the OP serious here? I actually wonder. While I admire the poetry, the science is quite behind. Consciousness is a state of brain, an element of the living neuron complexity, and in sleep it does NOT (is there any way to emphasize that more) become 'nothingness.' How can anyone think that?

If a person were to have epilepsy events in the limbic system, one might be more 'attuned.' (although that does not make external reality)
No0ne

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 01:42 pm
@KaseiJin,
KaseiJin wrote:
Is the OP serious here? I actually wonder. While I admire the poetry, the science is quite behind. Consciousness is a state of brain, an element of the living neuron complexity, and in sleep it does NOT (is there any way to emphasize that more) become 'nothingness.' How can anyone think that?

If a person were to have epilepsy events in the limbic system, one might be more 'attuned.' (although that does not make external reality)

I had implied that when asleep one self is in the oppisite state that you are in while you are reading these words.

Hence you would not be aware of the world around you or any existent thing that exists.

Call Consciousness what ever you want, yet the fact that I had used to logicaly denote these statements still stands true and grounded in science
bioharmony

Reply Wed 29 Apr, 2009 04:12 pm
@KaseiJin,
Experiments have shown that some people are not bound by present time. That is, they have the ability to focus attention on distant points (events) in space-time. This ability is termed,"nonlocal awareness".

I try and help people along this road [call it consciousness] via the following ( I admit it is not easy and not for the faint hearted):

"Consciousness may initially be fleetingly experienced when you develop the ability to hold multiple perceptions of what is happening around locally and globally, and observe those perceptions from a neutral position as closely possible. That is, one needs the ability to also observe, in parallel, one's own traditional and conditioned biases.

This may not be acceptable to members who are academics and scientist. It is what I called 'applied philosophy'. I attempt to apply and live the ideas, philosophies that exist or appear out of the 'ether'. Nothing new. An approach from the beginning of time.
Alan McDougall

Reply Fri 1 May, 2009 04:48 pm
@bioharmony,
bioharmony wrote:
Experiments have shown that some people are not bound by present time. That is, they have the ability to focus attention on distant points (events) in space-time. This ability is termed,"nonlocal awareness".

I try and help people along this road [call it consciousness] via the following ( I admit it is not easy and not for the faint hearted):

"Consciousness may initially be fleetingly experienced when you develop the ability to hold multiple perceptions of what is happening around locally and globally, and observe those perceptions from a neutral position as closely possible. That is, one needs the ability to also observe, in parallel, one's own traditional and conditioned biases.

This may not be acceptable to members who are academics and scientist. It is what I called 'applied philosophy'. I attempt to apply and live the ideas, philosophies that exist or appear out of the 'ether'. Nothing new. An approach from the beginning of time.

This is correct nice post
Peace
0 Replies

Saint Michael

Reply Tue 5 May, 2009 08:23 am
@No0ne,
No0ne;50884 wrote:

1.Nothingness (Asleep)
2.Dreams
3.Lucid Dreams
4.Consciousness (Awake)

First one must deal with the matter of reality before going into the depths of the mind. Reality is very much like the existence of a supreme being, it can not be proven existent or non-existent.
0 Replies

jeeprs

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 02:46 am
@No0ne,
Consciousness is not entirely absent during sleep. You can tell yourself to wake up at a certain time, and often you will. If you hear certain types of sound it will wake you up.
0 Replies

KaseiJin

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 08:48 am
@No0ne,
No0ne;60559 wrote:
I had implied that when asleep one self is in the oppisite state that you are in while you are reading these words.

Thanks for that further explanation. I would yet wish to highlight that some more attention should be paid the scientific understandings that stand, however. Any of the four stages of sleep do not represent an opposite to that of being awake and aware. As pointed out, neural and other related cell activity builds in a condition we can more specifically term conscious, to a mega-complexity of activity we can call (past a certain degree of build) consciousness.

We are conscious when we are fully awake and aware, and we are conscious when we are in theta wave sleep just as well--but the hormonious firing of the cells means less information is being shared, and that conscious state does not rise to what we normally call consciousness (although as just pointed out above, we can be close to it in certain stages of sleep).
0 Replies

No0ne

Reply Mon 11 May, 2009 05:48 pm
@No0ne,
You read these words with preception, how do you read my words in your sleep? Preception, no preception, how are these not opposites? "Paradox"-A statement that is at variance with common sense, or to contradict some previously ascertained truth, thought when properly investigated it may be perfectly well founded. The previously asscerted truths of the past have defined the words that we use to discribe this new asserted truth.
0 Replies