Concept of Zionism in modern terms

SummyF

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 07:04 am
Im sorry this might go against the rules, but im sorry it was just out of my interest. Please excuse my ignorance

Originally Posted by Binyamin Tsadik http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/images/PHBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif
Firstly the term Palestinian is a very problematic term. 100 years ago, if I said I was Palestinian, then most of the world would assume I was Jewish.
Most Arabs in Israel today, are first or second generation born within Israel. Their family came from neighboring countries during the Zionist movement because Israel offered many jobs at the time.
There are Israeli Arabs today and there are Arabs that live outside of Israeli Territory and have a Non-Israeli citizenship card.
Israeli Arabs are given the right to vote in Israeli elections.

And yes I do disagree with this right. Arabs have 22 different countries and Jews have only 1 tiny one. Throughout history Jews were denied the Right to vote in both European Countries and in Arab countries. Why should Jews have the right to influence the government of another nation? They shouldn't! It is up to every nation to rule itself. So why must an Israeli government be influenced by another Nation?

And Jerusalem is usually not violent.

Why should Jews have the right to influence the government of another nation?

Summyf:
Yet, jews are and have

Herzl and Zionist asked the help of the governments to create there nation. Today 6 millions dollar are given everyday to the state of Israel. Most of these jews have dual citzenships. Even though they are citizens of both, one nation gets more allegiance israel(because of the ethnical and religious connotation israel has for american zionist jews)

I see your point of view, but with the definition you made of israel there are some problems i see

there ought to be a nation for jews, because of there ethnic/religous background

This sounds to my like aryans ought to have a nation of there own and no other group should interfere. ex. jews

If this definition was applied in nazi germany, ethnic groups were lockup to separate them from the mainstream society

If this definition is applied to gaza and the west bank, something similar can happen. Maybe not at the same magnitude

But i respect Israel's sovereignty and it ability to govern itself. that is why i belive that jews in america should not support Isreal. I support my reason because American socialization's and ideology are not the same. The same interest argument is also invalid. We are losing diplomatic relationship, and quptist have created a campaign against the us.

Binyamin Tasdik

First of all 6 million dollars is not a lot I would have thought that more was given.

Second, there is a difference between rance and ethnicity and Nationdom. I also have no problem with a Germanic Nation and no others being permitted to vote.
I never said to get rid of the Arabs, just that they are not a part of the Nation. I have no problem with them living in the country as long as they dont try to kill us and show basic respect. A Jew in Germany should respect the Germans and the German Law because it is their country. And if Germans wanted Jews to leave, then that is perfectly okay.
The difference is saying that Jews are the vermin of the earth and should be gathered from every country in the world and murdered. That is not okay, and that is not happening in Israel.
As we speak now, the Israeli government is realeasing more terrorists and and Arab murderers from prison for no reason at all. Terrorists that soldiers risked their lives capturing so that they would not kill again. I risked my life several times in the army going into a Terrorist's house to arrest him instead of having an armoured vehicle tear down the wall. [RIGHT] http://www.philosophyforum.com/forum/images/PHBlue/buttons/post_thanks.gif [/RIGHT]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,066 • Replies: 1
No top replies

SummyF

Reply Wed 24 Sep, 2008 07:17 am
@SummyF,
So if i may i want to start on were we left off

We 6 million per day seems small, but this is for the economics subsides that are given by tax payer dollars. Its the most any country recives, and in many cases some money israel ought to have, when it is in a time of need. As well as arab states.
The nation of Israel, Gives homes to jews, but with an emphasis on western ideas, such as democracy. Where this idea i can see somewhat similar(but not as violent and ignorant) to the Nazi ideology, is the separation of races. What my proposal to fix this issue, is not to give Israel Back to Arab lands.( that would give 6 million people a place without a home and creates anther similar conflict). But to respect the religious implications that the land has to all people of the Abraham tradition.

It should be run democratic, with an emphasis that no religion can us sher number to over rule anther.

The first small step would to bring Palestinians with high levels of education to be involved with the parliamentary system. Al quats university can be a first.

This model can be similar to irans parlamente

the reason i am saying this is because of the history Israel has taken has created more anti antisemitism.

we need to have a free nation where jews will always have a home, but respect the right of other peoples. Those people also need to be in check.

this will benfit america, and there will be more intellectual support of the state of Israel, by voters

Btw my dad made some servos for robots for the idf, back in the day i was like 10 or 11

so i dont rember, but i can see how the idea of the terrorist harms your way of life, but we ought also see the perspective of the terrorist. there is a reason that they would do things, it isnt primarly out of the religon. I also understand that jews were persectued in the past by arabs, but it think it is the jews duty to resolve this conflict

after all we have alot of the worlds intlectuals
0 Replies