Nashloke

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 12:19 pm
@Doobah47,
Rain is a blessing.I love it...If i didn't worship God,i would probably worship rain.But then again it's still part of the God i believe in.
xris

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 01:09 pm
@Nashloke,
Nashloke wrote:
Rain is a blessing.I love it...If i didn't worship God,i would probably worship rain.But then again it's still part of the God i believe in.
What about the time it appears and kills or when it does not appear when begged for..is that like your god? What it gives it can take..just like the non benevolent gods..Worship..worship..more like fear...
Nashloke

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 01:56 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
What about the time it appears and kills or when it does not appear when begged for..is that like your god? What it gives it can take..just like the non benevolent gods..Worship..worship..more like fear...

I didn't quiet get your point...You mean i shouldn't like something, in this case rain, because it sometimes kills or it doesn't come when i want it to come?I shouldn't love God because it hurts me sometimes by killing someone i love and not ''help'' me when i ask for it?It's not about God's taking what it gives or,not giving anything at all,it's more about how I respond to what it does.

It's LOVE not fear.Well,at least not to me.
xris

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 02:05 pm
@Nashloke,
Nashloke wrote:
I didn't quiet get your point...You mean i shouldn't like something, in this case rain, because it sometimes kills or it doesn't come when i want it to come?I shouldn't love God because it hurts me sometimes by killing someone i love and not ''help'' me when i ask for it?It's not about God's taking what it gives or,not giving anything at all,it's more about how I respond to what it does.

It's LOVE not fear.Well,at least not to me.
I think you used the words worship and related it to your god...appreciate rain for what it is..not benevolent nor evil..you dont have to worship it....Your god on the other hand is he benevolent???is it necessary to worship him to get results??
Nashloke

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 02:19 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
I think you used the words worship and related it to your god...appreciate rain for what it is..not benevolent nor evil..you dont have to worship it....Your god on the other hand is he benevolent???is it necessary to worship him to get results??

Hmm...I'm not a native English speaker,so i guess i couldn't get my point across.What i meant by ''worship'' was some kind of love.

It depends on your definition of benevolent and evil?My God is benevolent to me.I don't love it because it's necessary but merely because it makes me feel better,safe...
xris

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 02:37 pm
@Nashloke,
Nashloke wrote:
Hmm...I'm not a native English speaker,so i guess i couldn't get my point across.What i meant by ''worship'' was some kind of love.

It depends on your definition of benevolent and evil?My God is benevolent to me.I don't love it because it's necessary but merely because it makes me feel better,safe...
So he is a personel god..he is benevolent to you but then your not living in Africa..are you? White mans god living in eorope does he fit the disney image?
Nashloke

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2008 04:03 pm
@xris,
xris wrote:
So he is a personel god..he is benevolent to you but then your not living in Africa..are you? White mans god living in eorope does he fit the disney image?

Again..It depends on your definition of benevolent.God is benevolent to me because I percieve it that way.For example,i don't blame it for the bad things happened/happens to me or to people who live in Africa.

Mocking my personal beliefs will not do you any good,nor will it upset me.

Just so you know:)
xris

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:12 am
@Nashloke,
Nashloke wrote:
Again..It depends on your definition of benevolent.God is benevolent to me because I percieve it that way.For example,i don't blame it for the bad things happened/happens to me or to people who live in Africa.

Mocking my personal beliefs will not do you any good,nor will it upset me.

Just so you know:)
Mocking is to soft a word..i despise the notion of a sweet caring god portrayed as a personal benefactor.How does your god show himself..is it in the sweet rain or not?
0 Replies