Bible with an Electronic Edge

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 06:43 pm
Hi all,

I would like to share a tool that has been a tremendous help to me. It's a little program called e-Sword. Very simple to use and I highly recommend it.

Best of all it's completely free!

Check out the features here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,560 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 09:13 pm
@Dustin phil,
Cool, thanks. I might have to download that tomorrow.
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2008 10:43 pm
@Dustin phil,
Looks like a splendid product. I may also end up downloading this. Thank you!
0 Replies

Didymos Thomas

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 12:10 pm
@Dustin phil,
I do have a question for you Dustin - does e-Sword have apocryphal literature, or some way to add apocryphal literature so that I can use all of those amazing features with my other scripture?
Dustin phil

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2008 04:35 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Yes, it sure does. On the website under bible downloads there is the King James version with apocrypha.

The gnostic gospels of Thomas, Phillip, and Truth are available for download here as a topic file.

If there's a particular translation you have in mind just let me know which one and I'll link it. The software comes with the King James version installed but I know some people including myself would rather have some alternatives.

For translations you'd like that are not available, there is a tool that allows for creating your own bible modules.
0 Replies

Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 04:16 pm
@Dustin phil,
I'm not the most tech savy guy around, but I can't seem to get the gnostic gospels to work. Any clue about what I am doing wrong/not doing?
Dustin phil

Reply Sun 23 Mar, 2008 05:05 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Oh sorry about that, I forgot to mention... when you download the file (if you're using internet explorer) click "run" and paste

Code:C:\Program Files\e-Sword
into where it says "destination folder" and click "install."

The program does take some getting used to, but they now have some really great video tutorials. I just love video! It's so helpful.
OctoberMist

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 09:55 am
@Dustin phil,
Here's another great site for Bible Resources:

Bible Resources Home

It has full, searchable versions of most major Bibles in 140 languages. You can search by word, phrase, or book.
0 Replies

logan phil

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 04:56 am
@Dustin phil,
Thank-you very much for taking the time to share this Dustin. I look forward to exploring the various texts and scriptures with this program.
0 Replies

hammersklavier

Reply Sun 15 Feb, 2009 05:50 pm
@Dustin phil,
Hey that's way cool. One of my top downloads (after Firefox and Open Office, should Office '07 not be installed) if and when I get a new laptop with my extra financial aid :a-ok:.
0 Replies