Nietzsche Quotes

Nitish

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:18 am
A subject for a great poet would be God's boredom after the seventh day of creation.

Egoism is the very essence of a noble soul.

Fear is the mother of morality.

God is a thought who makes crooked all that is straight.

I cannot believe in a God who wants to be praised all the time.

Idleness is the parent of psychology.

In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play.

In heaven, all the interesting people are missing.

In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

No one lies so boldly as the man who is indignant.

One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly.

Success has always been a great liar.

The abdomen is the reason why man does not readily take himself to be a god.

Two great European narcotics, alcohol and Christianity.

What is good? All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself in man.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

SmileSmileSmileSmileSmile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,822 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NeitherExtreme

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 02:20 pm
@Nitish,
Nitish wrote:
The abdomen is the reason why man does not readily take himself to be a god.

OK, that made me laugh. How very true it is... With all our pride and self-relience, it is still hard to imagine this embarassing thing that houses us could be the body of a god.

Nitish wrote:

As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.

So... is that "truth" the only way that exists? Or might he be demonstrating that:
Nitish wrote:

No one lies so boldly as the man who is indignant.

Interesting quotes. Thanks for posting- I haven't read Nietzche, but have heard quite a bit about him, so I appreciate the snapshot into his thoughts. Smile
0 Replies

ltdaleadergt

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:03 pm
@Nitish,
Love ya hehe I asked someone for this hehe I cant remmber. However how valid is it? thx anyways.

One important fact about him is that he is in reality the total opposite of what he sounds like. He sounds like a dry bold man however in reality he was not. He put up this act as he hated that nice part of him self! He saw life as a misery and pain after few episodes in his life than he choice to live life that way. In reality when he was a child he was called the young minster! He was truly a man that had the deepest knowledge about human mind and the reason behind the reason of our actions! They call him an atheist but he was not that. He was a seeker and he was not a blind follower! He put forward ideas to challenge the view of religion and in a way purify it and make sense of why it is what religions says!
0 Replies

Leonard

Reply Sat 28 Nov, 2009 10:45 pm
@Nitish,
Other than the whole 'god is dead' concept, I like "Truths are illusions whose illusoriness is overlooked." (From On Truth and Falsehood in an Extra-Moral Sense)
0 Replies