What are you going to do when you read this?

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 04:53 pm
A moments reflection might suggest that, for any act, an infinity of co-ordinations is possible - though not all are equally probable. For example, you might read my post, and coordinate with it by (a) ignoring it (not acting is a form of action), by (b) complaining about my presumption, and/or (c) by bombarding me with competing replies. Each different co-ordination gives a different meaning to the act and invites the process to continue in a different way. Dian Marie Hoskins based her organizational/psychological research on these ideas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 724 • Replies: 8
No top replies

TickTockMan

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 05:30 pm
@Billy phil,
I'd say the answer is about 12 miles.
VideCorSpoon

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 07:06 pm
@TickTockMan,
I thoroughly disagree with you Ticktockman. How preposterous of you to suggest a scant 12 miles. As you are well aware...sir... Henry Clavendish of Hampton College suggests ample evidence in the area of 12.0345 miles. Ha. 12 miles... it is to laugh.

Given the nature of the sun, the rotation of Venus, and the potentiality of corn, you have yet to account for the Mr. Clavendish's Principle of Ridiculousness.

For shame sir... for shame.
TickTockMan

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:08 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
VideCorSpoon;25366 wrote:
I thoroughly disagree with you Ticktockman. How preposterous of you to suggest a scant 12 miles. As you are well aware...sir... Henry Clavendish of Hampton College suggests ample evidence in the area of 12.0345 miles. Ha. 12 miles... it is to laugh.

Given the nature of the sun, the rotation of Venus, and the potentiality of corn, you have yet to account for the Mr. Clavendish's Principle of Ridiculousness.

For shame sir... for shame.

I'm afraid I must refute you.

Your so-called "scholar" of Hampton failed to take into account the Simulacra Factor as posited by Baudrillard, and made the error of assuming that his map matched the terrain.
Sadly, his evidence was further flawed by his lack of botanical knowledge when he assumed that he was dealing with the potentiality of corn, when in fact it was the uncertainty of legumes . . . which of course (as every schoolboy knows) introduce an error factor of . . . (drum roll) . . . . +.0345 miles.

Hence, the "Principle of Ridiculousness" crumbles as nothing more than the dream of a madman. There, I said it. A madman.
VideCorSpoon

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 09:57 pm
@TickTockMan,
TickTockMan

Reply Sun 21 Sep, 2008 10:13 pm
@VideCorSpoon,
I have voluminous notes to the contrary. VOLUMINOUS I tell you.

Besides, we're not dealing with any portion of the Galapagos. Clearly Clavendish never visited the Plateau of Leng, or he would have known that the equation was only correct and VERIFIABLE using hearty western maize, and not those pale flaccid ears of Swedish corn... wild OR domesticated.

Out of respect for your standing on this forum, I won't even bring up the influence of monkeys on the whole matter.

Clavendish's insolence is infuriating.
jgweed

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 08:20 am
@TickTockMan,
And from the back of the room, I hear someone yelling with the greatest determination, sincerity, even enthusiasm "Very well, but what about crop circles?"
Khethil

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 08:46 am
@jgweed,
... alligators in the sewers, rats in the corn.
0 Replies

TickTockMan

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2008 11:19 am
@jgweed,
jgweed;25432 wrote:
And from the back of the room, I hear someone yelling with the greatest determination, sincerity, even enthusiasm "Very well, but what about crop circles?"

Ah. A dissenting viewpoint.

The shrill gentleman with the pointed head in the back of the room wishes to introduce The Alien Influence Factor.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Assembly . . . need I remind you that Professor Murchison invalidated that premise when he displayed a pair of socks, very HUMAN socks, I might add, from the Pre-Cambrian period which he unearthed himself under THE VERY BUILDING which now houses the so-called Roswell Artifacts? (Pounds podium for emphasis).
0 Replies