MJA

Reply Mon 16 Feb, 2009 12:26 pm
Two Eagles

I was bikin last week along the river when two golden eagles flew by. They did this little dance for a while above me so I stopped to watch and enjoy the show. One eagle landed directly across the road in the very top off a pine tree from me. As it sat staring at me and I at it the other flew around and whistled to his mate to get it to come along. But it only sat there and stared. Then something I had never seen happened, the flying eagle grabbed hold of the perched one by the shoulders whistling and tried to pull it from the tree. But to no avail, it gave up and flew away. Moments later the golden in the tree let out a whistle which I returned, We did that 2 more times before he leaped from the tree and took flight again. He then whistled for her mate to come and he did. They flew off together in this incredible dance of flight again, as they had come, then slowly circled higher and higher away.

Maybe I miss interpreted what I saw, but what I tell you Is what I truly saw.
Imagine that!

=
MJA
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,474 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Pathfinder

Reply Sun 22 Feb, 2009 09:51 am
@MJA,
Very cool.

I was walking in the deep woods one day down a narrow path. Everything was covered in a fresh blanket of snow and you could not tell the path from the floor of the forest. Snow hung from all of the evergreen branches and muffled the sound of everything so the air was silent.

I was wearing a completely white parka for camouflage as I was hunting and must have blended in quite invisibly with the surroundings.

As I walked slowly down the path I noticed movement on a branch overhanging the trail about ten feet up and some twenty feet ahead of me. It was the biggest white snow owl I have ever seen.

It saw my movement and I stopped, but because it could not make out my shape, all it saw was some motion and maybe a couple of dark spots in the snow. It wasn't sure if it had seen a mouse or rabbit move or not. I stared directly into its eyes and knew it was looking directly at me, trying to make sense of what it saw move. It leaned forward slowly, spread out its wings, which I swear must have been a full 6 feet across, and then just effortlessly rolled off of the branch, like taking off with a flying kite from the edge of a cliff, swooping toward me.

I realized it was coming in claws first to grab whatever was there, and I waved my gun in its face and hollered at it just in time as it swerved suddenly and disappeared into the whiteness.

It all seemed to happen in slow motion, one of the most spiritual moments I have ever experienced.
0 Replies

MJA

Reply Sat 29 Jan, 2011 12:31 pm
Nice!
0 Replies