• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 933 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Caroline

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 02:10 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
Do you think in real life that the driver would show that much remorse, enough to kill himself because i often ask myself why on earth do these stupid stupid reckless irresponsible people get behind the wheel in the first place knowing the risks involved, i dont drive but what happens to peoples sense when they get out of their trees, do they forget about reality? Sorry DT, yours story is good it's just the subject raises anger in me incase you hadn't noticed.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Sat 4 Apr, 2009 05:38 pm
@Caroline,
To some extent, that's the point: to arouse a certain range of emotions. Emotions, like anger and discontent, and emotions like empathy, or a sense of duty or personal responsibility. Essentially, the range of sane immediate reactions and, hopefully, emotions that develop after some thought, when you face questions like "why does this happen?" and "what can/should I do?"

You ask about the driver's remorse because you often wonder why reckless people drive. Which driver do you mean, the wrong-way driver or the suicide driver? Or do you mean all who drive automobiles?

I understand, though, about the subject angering you. Certain subjects can be revolting. I really appreciate your thoughts on the story.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 03:43 am
@Didymos Thomas,
The wreckless driver, i misread it, (one of my not so good traits). Ok the question still remains about the wrecless driver and surely it wasn the suicidal driver's fault, that is a real shame about him.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 02:40 pm
@Caroline,
The wrong-way driver... perhaps there is some ambiguity in the newspaper article: "killed three and himself" coupled with the driver's use of alcohol and drugs. Did the wrong-way driver intentionally cross the median into south bound traffic, or was he simply well-beyond messed up? I don't know.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Sun 5 Apr, 2009 03:42 pm
@Didymos Thomas,
I dont know i just presumed he didnt do it on purpose because three innocent people died.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 12:54 am
@Caroline,
While writing the story, I imagined the wrong-way driver was simply too intoxicated to control his vehicle.
Caroline

Reply Tue 7 Apr, 2009 10:57 am
@Didymos Thomas,
Didymos Thomas wrote:
While writing the story, I imagined the wrong-way driver was simply too intoxicated to control his vehicle.

Yeah, that's what I figured.
0 Replies

Joe

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 10:57 am
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:
Do you think in real life that the driver would show that much remorse, enough to kill himself because i often ask myself why on earth do these stupid stupid reckless irresponsible people get behind the wheel in the first place knowing the risks involved, i dont drive but what happens to peoples sense when they get out of their trees, do they forget about reality? Sorry DT, yours story is good it's just the subject raises anger in me incase you hadn't noticed.

I think thats the whole point of intoxication of anykind. To remove your mind from "reality" and what you normally precieve. unfortionately thats not the best state to be in when your controling the path of a couple thousand pounds of metal.
Caroline

Reply Wed 8 Apr, 2009 11:30 am
@Joe,
Joe wrote:
I think thats the whole point of intoxication of anykind. To remove your mind from "reality" and what you normally precieve. unfortionately thats not the best state to be in when your controling the path of a couple thousand pounds of metal.

Yeah Joe i appreciate what you're saying coz i thought that too, aint we all done some pretty stupid stuff outta of our boxes but i think and i dont drive but i think that wouldnt you put in some precaution/safety measures like something like give your keys to someone before you start drinking, wouldnt you what do you think? if i couldnt trust myself i'd hope i'd take my car off the road or something, i know people depend on their car but for ... sake you could kill someones kid i lost people.
0 Replies