Confusing language!

molok69

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 07:19 am
NorgeNoreg(Nynorsk) "similar"

Window = VinduVindauge(Nynorsk) "somewhat similar but differs quite a bit"

How = HvordanKorleis(Nynorsk) "differs a lot"

"Samisk" even though some of my fellow countrymen speak it, I have no understanding of it, I actually don't know a single word.

And Norwegian is full of different dialects that sounds so different that you can hardly tell that they are the same language.
Example:

My dialect "" (and there are many different dialects within "t", I speak something in between "" and "fosnsk")
sounds something like "Jeg er ikke helt riktig naglet i hodet"

And in "nynorsk" it`s "Eg er ikkje heilt rektig nagla i haudet"(not quite sure it`s 100% correct)

I don`t know how it`s in other countries, but Norwegian really confuses my knowledge of language!

Any thought`s
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,206 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Pythagorean

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 01:41 pm
@molok69,
Hi, molok69.

Your language situation appears to be all messed up; sorry for you Sad.

We don't really have that in America. But I come from Boston and we do speak differently from the rest of the country.

In Boston we say 'Paahk the kah'. Instead of 'park the car' etc.

Here is a link that I found on the web is for having a conversation like in Norway: jabberwacky - live chat bot - AI Artificial Intelligence chatbot - jabber wacky - talking robot -chatterbotThe program asks you questions and then you talk to it, it's fun:)

Cheers!
-Pyth
Fido

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 08:06 pm
@Pythagorean,
Did you ever try to make love to some one who was talking all the time, and finally you have to say: Baby. Will you please hang up! I'd like to have an orgasim now.
0 Replies

Henrik phil

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 04:49 am
@molok69,
0 Replies

Henrik phil

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 04:58 am
@molok69,
molok69 wrote:
Jeg er ikke helt riktig naglet i hodet"

I think we here in southern Norway rather would say:
Maybe I'm a bit finicky? :bigsmile:
:offtopic:
0 Replies

jgweed

Reply Tue 11 Nov, 2008 11:58 am
@molok69,
Several other European nations have just as much trouble;some parts speak German, others either Italian or French. And not only do you have to deal with two very distinct dialects, you have to learn English as well!
Henrik phil

Reply Thu 13 Nov, 2008 06:39 am
@jgweed,
jgweed;32701 wrote:
Several other European nations have just as much trouble;some parts speak German, others either Italian or French. And not only do you have to deal with two very distinct dialects, you have to learn English as well!
Fido

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 03:27 pm
@Henrik phil,
Henrik wrote:

I speak three languages: French, Italian, and Thousand Islands.... That is a Joke;... Norseman.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2008 03:40 pm
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean wrote:
Hi, molok69.

Your language situation appears to be all messed up; sorry for you Sad.

We don't really have that in America. But I come from Boston and we do speak differently from the rest of the country.

In Boston we say 'Paahk the kah'. Instead of 'park the car' etc.

Here is a link that I found on the web is for having a conversation like in Norway: jabberwacky - live chat bot - AI Artificial Intelligence chatbot - jabber wacky - talking robot -chatterbotThe program asks you questions and then you talk to it, it's fun:)

Cheers!
-Pyth

People in America are divided by language, and are perhaps divided on that line everywhere... When you do not have a common culture, and no common mother, as all true nations... When any person says a word like freedom, there is no reason to believe he holds the same difinition as yourself... That line from Voltair: If you would discourse with me, define your terms -was never more true any place than this... And if you have to spend all of your time talking about talking, then that is the second intention...
0 Replies