Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 06:24 pm
I was wondering of what do you think god is? A form light? a man? etc. when you think about god what do you imagine?

thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,118 • Replies: 16
No top replies

PoPpAScience

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 06:48 pm
@Mulla Sadra,
mulla_sadra...... I imagine God as, "Aware". Look away from the screen to the world about you and you will feel this "Aware", reaching out for the joy of the experience. I personally believe that God/Aware/Universe is all there is , manifested into many forms.
Mulla Sadra

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 06:52 pm
@PoPpAScience,
i like your reply. my thought is similar.

I believe god is what we see with our heart. he is all around is in every sense of positive energy and even in negative energy. God is in nature and in universe. god is what whatever we want to think he is, we are from god and we soley depend on him. he is every sense of emotion we have, every feeling we get. i hope that makes sense.
PoPpAScience

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 08:37 pm
@Mulla Sadra,
Makes great sense to me mulla_sadra. If only more people could live their lives impressing upon God through the "Joy" of their experiences. I drive through the Canadian Rockies twice a week and every time I look up at the snow capped mountains, and winding valleys, I feel great Joy knowing that I am, this Universe/God/Aware, enjoying itself.
Mulla Sadra

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:03 pm
@PoPpAScience,
Personally, I believe god is even seen in wars. He creates a certain form of blanace and one is tested to pick a side which is more righteous than the other or to fight oppression and so forth. Sometimes to even abstain and refrain from war and violence, to test one's ability to either controll one's anger. or perhaps to stay away from hurting another person because of the hate inside of you.
PoPpAScience

Reply Thu 25 Oct, 2007 09:41 pm
@Mulla Sadra,
Mulla_Sadra... I can not agree with your statement, if it implies that God has any say in the outcome of wars.

"I believe in a God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings".

Wars are the sole action of men and their animalistic tendencies.
Mulla Sadra

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 04:43 am
@PoPpAScience,
what you have said makes sense. But isn't god who is the over all decider of what happens? As I understood that in almost every religion, God knows all. therefore he would know what action you would make, so isn't it his judgement that the entire war occurs?
PoPpAScience

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 12:09 pm
@Mulla Sadra,
Mulla_sadra, I do not feel that God is the decider of all. I do not feel that God decides, but influences nature with its Being. The nature of God is "Good" and the nature of Man is "Bad". Man is "Bad" because of the instinctive animal that we exist in. God is "Good" because of its Joy in riding the avalanche of evolution that it set in motion. One should think twice about the words stated by Man that God as a petty Dictator who decides how Man slaughters each other. I personally can not bring myself to seeing God as having a Human personality.
I do know where you are coming from and hope you do get offended by remarks. I believe that this is the time in human history to discuss what is God's true nature.
0 Replies

Mulla Sadra

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 02:16 pm
@Mulla Sadra,
No not at all, But it depends what you exactly believe in. Basically sometimes things go wrong but there is a positive outcome or a lesson to be learnt even through a war. Personally i prefer to surrender to god for whatever path he would choose for me be it bitter or better. For example, God would give you paths 1-7 it is your choice yet he knows what choice you will make. My decision is his decision but sometimes I wouldn't understand the outcome till later, perhaps there is something positive through suffering. I hope that clarifys things.
TwilightEyes

Reply Fri 26 Oct, 2007 05:51 pm
@Mulla Sadra,
I would like to share a connection or "revelation" (as i call it) that I had. This is from wikipedia on "human".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Consciousness and thought

For more details on this topic, see Consciousness and Cognition.
The human ability to think abstractly may be unparalleled in the animal kingdom. Humans are one of only six species to pass the mirror test - which tests whether an animal recognizes its reflection as an image of itself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the bible can be looked at as a form of this "mirror test". Please read it all before summarily dismissing it.

The bible says "god created man in his image". Therefore, if this is indeed true, we can attribute to god many if not all the things we witness in humans to characteristics (or escence) of god. The "duality of man" is one of the most critical as i believe it is displayed in the "good" side we call (or perceived as) god and the "bad or evil" side we call (or perceived as) satan. Remember, we labeled (named) everything and "that is what they were called". Was it truly god and satan or did we name these two "dualistic" sides of god differently and were unable to see they were in fact the same entity?

Have you heard someone say to another person something like "i don't know who you are anymore! This is not you." Or "this is a side of you i've never seen before". Well, it's easy to see how a person changes into another personality we do not recognize as the person we thought we knew and never actually knew the entirety of them.

It's also easy to see how we humans have a multitude (or legion) of personalities that vie for control of our mind and actions all the time. Could this not be one of the true meanings behind the command to "be fruitful and multiply"? Sounds like something a supposed expert in the workings of the human mind (pyschologists) would define as multiple personality disorder.

Of course it's easy and safer to just interpret the surface meaning but then the bible doesnt make sense and appears as just fairy tales. It's contradictory and it's just a fable or it's just blah freakin blah blah as they justify their own blindness to what it is really saying.

Is this true?... i do not know but i am examining every possibility regardless of how it scares me or how i have been conditioned to think certain lines of thought are blasphemy etc by those who wish to impose their belief systems on the rest of the world.
0 Replies

Sir Neuron

Reply Sun 26 Oct, 2008 01:02 am
@Mulla Sadra,
Mulla_Sadra wrote:
I was wondering of what do you think god is? A form light? a man? etc. when you think about god what do you imagine?

thanks.

I have had a shower of wisdom fall on me lately.

GOD is the fundamental force that governs the motion of everything - at the quantum level, and as a consequence at the macro level. If you understand a bit of physics, you will get my point.

Can anyone please explain the difference among the Spirt, the Mind, the Soul and the Body?

Need some Clarification on the Trinity of GOD (the Father, Son and Holy Spirt).
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 11:36 am
@Mulla Sadra,
For some years now, I have been researching quantum mechanics and religion and I hope I can provide an interesting theory.

In quantum Mechanics, all particles which are not being observed are in a wave state. This means that they are of no physical form or position but rather, they are a wave of energy in all possible locations. This is called super position.

When the universe began, there were no observers. There could not have been. Which means that all matter in the universe was bouncing around in wave form and sharing energy signatures as they past through each other. A literal vast space of nothingness. Now let's assume that the mind, like all things, is nothing more than a series of equations; a collection of data. If this is true then, eventually, the fundamentals of consciousness would have been formed through the sharing of energy. This would have immediately created an observer and particlized all matter in the universe into one single point. Well, when solid matter bounces off of other solid matter, it goes boom. So, I suppose my theory is that god was created by the universe and the universe was created by god. See, when the wave were passing through each other, they were fundamentally changing their most fundamental components. When "god" was created by this, it locked into place all of the matters current properties. Thus, God created the universe and the universe created God. This also fits with everything we know about god.

1: He/she is everywhere: God is now a part of and controls every quantum state of every particle

2: He/she is all powerful: When one controls the quantum state of things, one can change the universe as they see fit.

3: God looks like us: It never states that god looks like us physically... just that man was made in his image. Perhaps this also explains consciousness.

Each and every facit of religion, including our need to express belief in this unseen diety, can be explained through this theory.
Resha Caner

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:03 pm
@Icon,
We seem to have created a parallel universe (uh, I mean thread) here.

What you speak of, Icon, is essentially panentheism. Though I wouldn't necessarily accept everything you said, it has some attractive aspects that mirror my own thoughts on the subject.

But it still leaves many issues to deal with. First of all, yours is one of many theories. Can you devise a way to test yours?

And, if this "mind", this "consciousness" exists, has it communicated with us?
MJA

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:21 pm
@Mulla Sadra,
What Is!

=
MJA
0 Replies

Icon

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 12:47 pm
@Resha Caner,
Resha Caner wrote:
We seem to have created a parallel universe (uh, I mean thread) here.

What you speak of, Icon, is essentially panentheism. Though I wouldn't necessarily accept everything you said, it has some attractive aspects that mirror my own thoughts on the subject.

But it still leaves many issues to deal with. First of all, yours is one of many theories. Can you devise a way to test yours?

And, if this "mind", this "consciousness" exists, has it communicated with us?

I would indeed say that it HAS communicated with us which is apprent in our desire to describe something that we can "feel' but cannot see or touch or experience. The only way to test my theory is to die.
Resha Caner

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 02:04 pm
@Icon,
Icon wrote:
The only way to test my theory is to die.

:bigsmile:

Or if God would agree to be tested ... which I doubt. It's nice to know that you think he's out there somewhere. So do I. People tend not to agree with my Christian specifics, though.
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Wed 29 Oct, 2008 04:22 pm
@Mulla Sadra,
This thread has been temporary closed because there is another thread with the exact same title. The thread will more than likely be merged with this one.
0 Replies