What the mirror said to me.

Drew-22

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 01:50 am
A little background on this, if I may:

Laura, my girlfriend, was having some trouble with her family and was phoning me for advice. After I give some helpful advice she pauses and asks, "Drew, why do you always have the right advice, but rarely take it yourself?"

That made me look into the mirror and this is what the mirror said to me:

"What would you do if I told you I was watching you? Would you do what you should, or do what you want to do? Would my consciousness be always on the back of your mind? Would your very own thoughts be so hard to find? Is it bad that want and should are two different things? No! What's bad is the heartache that conflict brings..

Now; say you're me and I'm you, would you still do the things you do? Would you try to show me a better way to live? What kind of heartfelt advice would you give? Would you say; "Come on man, it just takes a little bit of effort; all you have to do is follow my words.. right down to the letter."

Look at you!

Optimistic hypocrite, that's what you are! For you; giving advice is so easy, but taking it? Now that's hard."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,257 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Justin

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 07:34 am
@Drew-22,
Yes Drew. The mirror will reflect back to you, that which you reflect into it.

This a great little creative writing that brings to mind our ego. Letting go of the ego is one of the hardest yet most important steps. Your little writing here makes much sense and I too shall face the man in the mirror.

I have a good friend that is 81 years of age. When he tells me something (advice), he follows up with, "Now when I get home I will look into the mirror and tell this to myself".

Thank you!
Fido

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2007 01:00 pm
@Justin,
Justin wrote:
Yes Drew. The mirror will reflect back to you, that which you reflect into it.

This a great little creative writing that brings to mind our ego. Letting go of the ego is one of the hardest yet most important steps. Your little writing here makes much sense and I too shall face the man in the mirror.

I have a good friend that is 81 years of age. When he tells me something (advice), he follows up with, "Now when I get home I will look into the mirror and tell this to myself".

Thank you!

Never take any advice you don't pay for. That will be two cents please.

Edwin Markham: The Man with the Hoe. (From the painting of the same name). Just give him a spud wrench and you got me, by the way.
cmarie phil

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 01:57 am
@Fido,
I like the way you wrote that Drew.

I have found that when giving advice I usually see I am talking to myself as much as the person who is receiving the advice.
Fido

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2007 05:33 am
@cmarie phil,
I wish you would take my advice. .. I'm not using it.
0 Replies