"The 5 Elements of Creation"

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 01:42 pm
You know them right?

Fire
Water
Wind
Earth
Unknown

These are the elements of observable creation. Just in discussing the last few topics of religion and faith with help of the Holy Spirit here is another spiritual philosophy for you. I believe our Father the Creator created many wonderous and marvelous things and we marvel at them but do we understand them? This is me understanding through spirituality.

With that said I think now there are 5 distinct aspects of life just like 5 elements there are 5 distinct aspects. Now this is only my spiritual understanding yours could certainly be different but I am more than open to your intrepretation. There is alot of parrellism in the world with numbers and words. the number seven the number 8 the word door the word life. I think there is worlds of information we are only now tapping into. My spiritual philosophy is believe 50% of what you read and 50% of what you see the rest is up to you that makes sense right? Half in and half out anyway.
so with that philosophy I look at numbers and they have a new meaning and so do words. With a belief in the Almighty Creator there is a alot going on in the world of information.

With the concept that numbers and words have symbolic as well as actual meaning let's look at this.

Think 5 elements....5 the same number..what else could this connect with?

5 Aspects of Life I think are
The Quality of Life is Balance
The Meaning of Life is Love
The Essence of Life is Form
The Beauty of Life is Nature
The Message of Life is GOD

these elements or aspects of life are number 1 of importance. it is through my own life and observance of others and spirituality that I come to this conclusion.

So what did I say I said numbers and words are symbolic right? Well now that we have the symbolic number 5 we need a symbolic word for this theory or construct to work. Here I am testing my own theory on you. Look back at the 5 pillars of Aspect....Let's say Nature that's the symbolic word at work. and here we go.

According to Nature there is 5 elements which both encompasses the symbolic word nature and the number 5 so we have a building category. Let's see how this works out.

The 5 elements of Life are...
Water which represents the Beauty of Life
Fire which represents the Balance of Life
Wind which represents the Essence of Life
Earth which represents the Meaning of Life
Unknown which represents the Message of GOD

here's the further analysis
The Quality of Life is Balance represented by wind
The Meaning of Life is Love represented by earth
The Essence of Life is Form represented by fire
The Beauty of Life is Nature represented by water
The Message of Life is GOD represented by unknown

Of course the age old question....why?

Water is the most beautiful form of nature as was the first known created substance before earth,fire or wind. Look at any waterfall or ocean horizon what is your description....breathtaking!

Earth is the second fundemental form of nature which we use to create we use to make we use to build and fill. What do you think the foundation of life should be...Love! That's the thing you got to make it work.

Wind is the most elusive and evasive form of the other elements that is hard to describe and hard to find in fact I almost lost it in this discussion! I almost said form but it has little form so it can't be an essence this is why Wind can be characterized as Balance! it is so hard to find balance in our lives these days it's elusive and evasive and hard to even see! This is why I see balance as Wind.

Fire ooo ahh warm and cozy but too much and you are up in flames like a rose! This element is the one of the wonders of the world. Without it we would die off we need the sun a ball of fire to keep warm and our world full of vegetation. Fire is needed to survive! Without out it we would freeze and have no way to cook. This is can be brutal and some people fear the concept of eternal fire but that does not make it go away. This one is hard to pinpoint and cut into pieces of course which I am struggling to define as the essence of life but still I see no other form which almost has no substance and yet fire still has form and substance but is more recognizable as an essence.

Unknown this of course was hard to figure out. But when I think about it, it is known but altogether unknown. What does that sound like?? GOD! He is often described as the unknownable source and I think this is the most unknown element in the world! Many people don't even know what the unknown is that's how bad it is. But we know that the unknown is Almighty. The message that circles the world with the most controversary is not GOD but the message of GOD because many people will deny his very existence.

What do you think? Let us discuss this!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,805 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 01:47 pm
@Israelite007,
Would you think it worth noting that most people, myself included, would probably object if you claimed that "fire, water, wind, earth, and unknown" are the "elements of observable creation"?
0 Replies

Israelite007

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 02:10 pm
@Israelite007,
I'm not sure what you are trying to say but have you ever seen the movie the fifth element? Yes there is agreebly 5 elements do you mean to say the elements weren't created?
0 Replies

Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 02:16 pm
@Israelite007,
I'm saying I see no reason to believe that these five "elements" (as nothing you listed is actually an 'element', at least not in any of my science classes) are the components of "observable creation".

Sure, there is water, fire, earth, wind, and things I know nothing about. But each of these "elements" is comprised of something non-"element".
0 Replies

Israelite007

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 02:30 pm
@Israelite007,
Okay Didymos so either you are saying that Fire,wind,water can't be observed (observable) or your saying fire,wind,etc isn't created (creation) can you clairfy?
0 Replies

Israelite007

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 02:52 pm
@Israelite007,
On further note I am speaking according to the elements found in philosophy not science. Look up chinese or greek philosophy you will find these elements I speak of usually the fifth one differs on all ends whether in chinese philosophy metal or greek idea or also known as void by japenese but again this is a spiritual philosophy so the fifth element applies to unknown (as I have heard it used before but more modern philosophy)
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 04:34 pm
@Israelite007,
Most cultures you mention have a four-element structure because it originates around 4000 years ago with the proto-Indoeuropean culture. Everything from India through Scandinavia was deeply influenced by this, and there are overlapping religious, philosophical, and linguistic cognates in all of these cultures.

Chinese philosophy has both metal and wood and as far as I know there is no unknown.

But it doesn't matter -- if you want you can add "unknown" as a 6th element if there are already 5.

But how can "unknown" be an element?
0 Replies

Israelite007

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:00 pm
@Israelite007,
Well Aedes what happened you see I actually picked this up in my life not my idea really. As I gone on to say I was a huge party kid. Well there was this production company who put on 5 parties called the Elements. in Succession they were.
Wind,Water,Earth,Fire, and the Unknown Element. I only got to go to fire. I think the reason for it being "unknown" is because the eastern philosophy doesn't agree on this one. Japenese has void Greek has Idea and Chinese has Metal and wood. These are all the 5th elements (Not sure which one is chinese). I applied the unknown since I can't forget where I have come from this is me remembering my past in a good light.
0 Replies

Aedes

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 05:14 pm
@Israelite007,
The Chinese elements are: Wood, Earth, Water, Metal, Fire

But again, these are traditional ways of describing the material world in a time that predates science. You could just as easily start from scratch and describe solid/liquid/gas.

Ancient Greece applied certain qualities to the elements, i.e. hot / cold and moist / dry. From these they derived the four bodily humors, namely blood, phlegm, black bile, and yellow bile, and these in turn led to the qualities associated with the humors (blood = sanguine or happy; phlegm = phlegmatic or apathetic/lazy; black bile = melancholic; yellow bile = choleric or wrathful). Galen (who was from ancient Rome) systematized these in his medical writings, which became completely engrained in Western medicine up until people like Vesalius started questioning the actual science behind it in the 16th century and afterwards.

In other words, during the Enlightenment Europe began to cast off this traditional conception of science, which permeated everything in life. And part of the reason it lasted so long was that the material elements were tied to orthodox philosophical systems, and were very difficult to discard.

I love the poetry in all these different ancient systems, and I think they work allegorically. But they no longer serve as a material truth, and I'm not sure that you need to invoke them for your philosophical ideas.
Israelite007

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:34 pm
@Israelite007,
Nice Input Aedes. The reason I display these statements about life as elements is because they are some of the more difficult questions to ask

1.What is the meaning of Life?
A military raver told me he searched his whole life to find the answer to this question and said it was love or lack thereof i don't disagree with him
2. What is the nature of life? this is answer to this question was found thanks to Justin who said
Quote:
Life is all about Love,Nature and Balance
In one of the last posts and thanks to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. The nature of life is beauty. Behold and wonder at the awe of nature and you will find beauty.
The Nature of Life*
Quote:
The nature of life used to concern philosophers&endash;think of Aristotle and Kant&endash;but most philosophers ignore the issue today,
We did not ignore this one nope.
3. What is the Quality of Life? The quality of life is when everything is in balance again thanks for the comment by Justin
Quote:
Life is all about Love,Nature and Balance
and thanks to the prompting of the Holy Spirit I think the quality of life is balance because in our society we manage time,money,health,status,work what do we need to do with all of these...balance them! If you balance your life then that will certainly give your life quality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_of_life
Quote:
Furthermore, quality of life consists of two components. The first is a physical aspect which includes such things as health, diet, as well as protection against pain and disease. The second component is psychological in nature. This aspect includes such things as stress, worry, pleasure and other positive or negative emotional states. It is virtually impossible to predict the quality of life of a specific individual, since the combination of attributes that leads one individual to be content is rarely the same for another individual.

4.What is the essence of life? Now this is new to the realm of questing and maybe philosophy but the answer I think is not this took years to stumble upon but it thanks to this board and thoughts and opinions of my brother in law and the people on this board that I have come up with the answer being form is the essence of life. Now on a further note this is interesting form is not new in the realm of philosophy!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form
Form in philosophy
The word has had various usages in philosophy. It has been used to translate the Platonic idea (eidos), the permanent reality which makes a thing what it is, in contrast with the thing's particulars, which are finite and subject to change

This is thanks to alot of you and again the promptings of the Holy Spirit.

5. and finally What is the Message of Life? Yes this question may not even exist in the realm of philsopohy but what about theology? just google "message of life" and what is the first result? A religious ministry! So of course the message of life is GOD but get this the first result is a ministry in Loveland,Colorado my hometown and my current resisdence! This is like a sign from heaven no doubt! just search and find out!

It should be noted that these are not the only questions about life. Just the 5 main aspects of life that apply to the 5 elements. and friends please remember alot of this spiritual philosophy has to do with your input so please remember that when you comment at discrediting this method of understanding.
Didymos Thomas

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 08:56 pm
@Israelite007,
Quote:
Okay Didymos so either you are saying that Fire,wind,water can't be observed (observable) or your saying fire,wind,etc isn't created (creation) can you clairfy?

No, not at all. I'm not debating the notion of "creation" - that's another issue.

Everything you list apart from "unknown" is observable. But so are many other things.

Why, for example, would you have "water" instead of oxygen and hydrogen? Or crushed rock and organic matter instead of earth?

I can observe fire and these things, but I can also observe 'clay pot'. Does this make 'clay pot' elemental?

Quote:
On further note I am speaking according to the elements found in philosophy not science.

Elements of what? Reality? If so, why would they have different elements? Science and philosophy inform one another.

Quote:
Look up chinese or greek philosophy you will find these elements I speak of usually the fifth one differs on all ends whether in chinese philosophy metal or greek idea or also known as void by japenese but again this is a spiritual philosophy so the fifth element applies to unknown (as I have heard it used before but more modern philosophy)

I'm familiar with the leading scientific thought of 2-3,000 years ago.

Remember, the sciences come, largely, from philosophy - the first to speculate about scientific questions were, in their time, called philosophers.

Psychology (relatively) recently underwent this change from a philosophical discourse into a science.
0 Replies

Justin

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 11:56 pm
@Israelite007,
Quote:
5. and finally What is the Message of Life? Yes this question may not even exist in the realm of philsopohy but what about theology? just google "message of life" and what is the first result? A religious ministry! So of course the message of life is GOD but get this the first result is a ministry in Loveland,Colorado my hometown and my current resisdence! This is like a sign from heaven no doubt! just search and find out!
Israelite, the above is based on complicated and proprietary algorithms. The domain name has a lot of weight in this so don't take Google as an authority. If I really wanted to take the time to do so, I could make the PhilosophyForum.com show up above and first in the same searched term: "message of life". Much has to do with keywords and meta tag generation which can be manipulated easily by a savy SEO expert.

Quote:
<meta name="description" content="Message of Life Ministries, Loveland Colorado, USA. Training Champions for Life!" />
<meta name="keywords" content="Loveland, Colorado, Church, Faith, Ministry, Bible-based teaching, full gospel, holy spirit, small groups, teaching, guidance, mentoring, family centered, families, God, Jesus, multi-generational" />
Google is great but it's not necessarily a message from God. Smile The above is the meta tags for this particular website. Google looks at the domain, then the meta description, then keywords. That's why I keep stressing the importance of spelling out what you mean so others can find it if they search. Smile
0 Replies

Dustin phil

Reply Sun 4 May, 2008 09:30 am
@Israelite007,
Israelite007 wrote:

You know them right?

Fire
Water
Wind
Earth
Unknown

Some believe the unknown fifth element to be aether or magnetism.
0 Replies

urangutan

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 05:46 pm
@Israelite007,
Israelite 007, the unknown element is salt. You cannot have life without salt.
Just to rub it in the wounds of otther threads, when the devil (salt), was cast out unto this Earth it left a blister that can still be seen today. "Uluru" and beside it are its demons.
0 Replies

Holiday20310401

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 11:39 am
@Aedes,
the potential of life is science.

Also, I hope nobody seriously believes that earth fire water wind are elements
0 Replies