No Religion Know GOD

dpmartin

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 02:16 pm
@Sovereign,
Sovereign

Absolutely

It is difficult, it seems because of religion, to get across that if one has a relationship with God through His Word given in the flesh as Jesus. Then, (if you will), the Leader (Jesus) of the Kingdom of God is the One, mankind should have a relationship with and follow, not a religion, for there is no religion in the Kingdom of God. Jesus being the Truth can be trusted for He is the Trusted One of God verified by God in the resurrection that mankind should trust as the Way the Truth and the Life given to mankind. What also seems to be difficult to get across that the flesh of the son of man by the power of God has been made acceptable before God through Jesus to sit at the right hand of God. In that we in the flesh, may know, by the indwelling of His Spirit, the Living God.
Zetherin

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 07:51 pm
@dpmartin,
Israelite007,
It's admirable to write as much as you have, and as Justin noted, it's refreshing to see one so open with their journey. However, a lot of what you've said doesn't sit well with me.

[quote=Israelite007]Well to be truthful I have lost all my friends christian and heathen alike, it is painful and now I don't go to Church or Synagogue because of the destruction of these end of days. I am trying to get the word out please relay this to any1 and every1! I am doing to this because I love God and I do think there is still some good people in the world, problem is the Christian spectrum has heavily attacked me from every possible advantage they show no love that saddens me. Get out of religion! Get into to Yahweh![/quote]
This sounds very extremist, and frankly, it's a bit disturbing you feel way. For one, I don't believe its right at all to tell people to denounce their religion. If you've seen my posts in the past, you would know I'm not religious in the slightest, but to condemn people for their beliefs I think is silly; it's not the right way to enlighten. I understand your emotion, but you can't just shape the world as you please just because "I love my God". How is this any different than a tyrant that chooses to shape the world in another way, perhaps "evil" in your eyes? You are simply trying to shape the world as you see fit, through your desire. Instead, I think you should consider others' "God" and gain wisdom from the journey of mankind.
[quote=Israelite007]Just yesterday Justin I was like you say trying to impose my beliefs on others with enthusiasm and intrigue but I was missing something and you are right I am in a way instilling fear into people obeying (Which is what I am after) I felt like I was better than ever and telling old friends they need to let it all go "Fear Doubt & Disbelief" and I was just trying to free their minds. I do believe Twighlight that like you said scare tactics are used to conform the minds of innocent believers into falling in line. I don't fall in line if anything I break the line. I want to show people a world where fear dies and love rules a world where GOD is in control. The problem is I am no savior and no saint I just have a message I want to tell them.[/quote]
And that's fine, spread your message. But do not force your message. Telling people to release their fear, out of context, can cause the very thing you're so adamant against - the slavery of mind. Not everyone shares the notion of "God" you do, and this must be understood. The more you force your views, the further the stake is driven in humanity, the less tolerant we become, and the more upset you will be.
[quote=Israelite007]I am not trying to be negative here really I want to help people I want to help you two. I used to live a life full of sin with a homosexual who contacted demons now they have followed me to my parents house and they abuse me. give me dreams of sin and make noises when I am trying to sleep it's just annoying. But last night I told GOD I am not afraid anymore I am not afraid of death or anything as long as GOD is with me I am ok. If GOD is not with me then I have every reason to be afraid. Not having GOD behind me is scary very scary.[/quote]
This leads me to believe you've been brainwashed, and have given up thinking for yourself. I truly hope you are not implying homosexuals are "full of sin". You quote these bible verses from an ancient text, an ancient text that you're probably not even versed in the history of, and then judge accordingly? There is no sin here, as you've constructed the very notion. Essentially, you are battling with your morality, but losing, since you are not considering. You have put all of your critical thinking on hold, and have given up; you put all your weight on this elusive notion of "God", and rely on 'it' to guide you. This is what is scary, very scary. I truly recommend some introspection. Judging is natural, but to condemn a person because you believe their "full of sin" and "contacting demons" is ridiculous. It's called: Delusion.
[quote=Israelite007]Someone at work walked by me yesterday and said I don't believe in heaven and hell and someone with them asked "what about pure evil?" I thought what a mess doubt and disbelief is. Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it's not real. Even scientific research shows that there is a spiritual realm all around us with space and time being the illusion doubt just has no legitimacy anymore. I mean really we are on the verge of something here it's open spiritual warfare so it's not a matter of what exists it's who you choose to serve. I think people may not believe in it because they want to be their own god if you will and that can be destructive as I know I have had my time with that[/quote]
Really, you've had your time with that? I believe realizing we are the creators of our reality is essential to the peace you wish to see on earth. Instead of justifying all means by an elusive "God" figure, which not everyone will ever agree upon, why can't we take responsibility? Why is there is a need to create a spiritual diversion, separating our existence from the rest of the universe. The universe just is, there is "right" no "wrong", only in our thoughts do they exist. We are not special, and there is no special "God" just for us. This, in my opinion, is pretentious, arrogant, and most of all, delusional, thinking. We enter this realm a few thousand years ago, attempt to take control of a planet, and then justify our means because of notional constructs? It's ridiculous. As an aside, I believe you should research the notion of "Hell", as it's not even in the bible, the book you seem to base your life upon. It is an interpretation, just as many things that come of that book are. And guess who interprets? Ding ding, we do! If you don't believe me, read any book, we'll both write summaries, and our feelings will be articulated differently.

[quote=Billy]I know you're saying much more than this, but for myself, I can be Jewish despite Rabbinic "authorities" claiming I'm not, because Hashem and the Prophets are the authority. I can be Christian despite Church authorities, for the same reason. I can be Muslim, and no man can stop me or say I must jump thru hoops. No person gets between me and GOD.[/quote]

No person gets between you and "God" because you're the creator of "God". You construct this notion, so unless someone has the power to influence your thinking (it's possible), you're right, no one does get between you and "God". I don't think this is as profound as you make it. Similarly, no one gets between me and GOBLIN, another notion I've constructed. We each have the power to construct notions; this is part of our developed frontal lobes.

[quote=Israelite007]My goal in life is to inspire awe in people not of me but of GOD and his Son. It's not wholly me that speaks it may be part of GOD too. I want to give people something to remember about being accepted and being free. I am like a bird I want to fly away my heart drifting me so softly my memory guiding me ever so tenderly. I just want to be loved I want to love and the greatest part I thought about Love is simply being loved in return it's more than enough. I want a pure heart a good heart a heart in union with the Lamb of GOD. I am tired of hurting I am tired of getting angry I just want to grow into my ture form the self I put on the shelf when I was a child.[/quote]

If you're truly tired of hurting, this should not be your goal. If you drive your notions into others, there will only be despair. Particularly because you believe you're on some higher path to be "good" and have a "heart in union with the lamb of God". When you fail, you will be even more hurt. You must revamp this thinking; you are being entirely too emotional, your posts seem to be ridden of reason, emotion clouds your judgment entirely. I believe it's important to be modest, be the change you wish to see in the world (Gandhi), but realize the notion of "God" is not everything. Critical thought is essential to your person growth, and the growth of others around you. I think this quote that another member posted last night really fits:

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, handsome, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

- Marianne Williamson

Acknowledging that no notion of "God" is any greater than any other is the first step to tolerance. Believe what you will, but do know that you will receive contention from others when you attempt to influence. Plant seeds of enlightenment, but do not force. Consider others, and do not define presumptuously what is "good" or "bad". Live, learn, seek wisdom from others, realize no being is any greater than any other. We are all in this as one. Do not drive us apart.

[quote=Sovereign]the main problem with religion is that religion is lead by an imperfect leader, man, the pope is suppossed to tell every chathlic on earth the true way to follow God but despite his claims of infallibility and being the mouthpiece of God he is only a man and every time a pope has screwed up or misinterpreted every chathlic on earth has screwed up with him and it has become as Jesus said "the blind leading the blind" how are we supposed to trust an imperfect leader like man to expound perfection to us? how can we put faith in somthing identical to ourselves when they are in exactly the same position? each person must develop that personal relationship with God by reading the bible and deciding how to act in order to please our creator.[/quote]

Instead of contemplating whether you should put faith in others, begin putting faith in yourself. Release your inhibitions regarding your religion, and don't rely on an ancient text written by the very humans you complain about. You ask how you are supposed to trust an imperfect leader because he's man, and then live your life through a book that was written by man? Your creator is a figment of someone else's imagination. If you truly want peace on earth, do not succumb to the "truth" someone has laid out for you. Instead, to find peace, you must seek a morality that agrees with your own reason. Buddha said it best: "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." (I'm not Buddhist in the least) Be tolerant of others, and do not be so arrogant enough to tell them how to proceed in their personal journey.

The ironic thing is the title of this thread is true, but many of the things I've seen in this thread propagate the exact opposite, without even realizing.

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there."

- Rumi
0 Replies

William

Reply Thu 22 Jan, 2009 08:07 am
@Israelite007,
Justin,
Bravo, my friend.
William
0 Replies