Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 08:49 am
Time and me!

I woke up today just like all the other days and saw the white table clock on my desk ticking. I looked at the watch and saw it ticking seconds after seconds after seconds. Second turned into minutes and the minutes decided to join hand to form 10 minutes. I realised I just wasted 10 minutes of my life seen time passed. I panicked since i realised that I have being doing this for the past 20 years of my life! On the other hand I thought maybe today like all the other days I may not have really wasted those ten minutes. Today I realised that I finally was awake! Time does not stop for anyone and any events. We need to live each moment and stop worrying on what has happened. We need to stop worrying about times we have spend like me sleeping while you thought you are awake. Today I noticed that a large significant portion of my life was living like a zombie. I saw an amazing thing happen in my life. To me today was the day that the ticking clock meant something! Today I noticed that I am a walking clock! Just like a watch my face would tell time, but different way. And just like a clock one day I would run out of batteries that are not replaceable! Today I realised time really meant something! I am time! Today I realised I just begun to wake up from a 20 years of sleep! TODAY was the day that I took the first step of walking in the path I call life!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,439 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Pythagorean

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:44 am
@ltdaleadergt,
What a nice uplifting story!

Smile
ltdaleadergt

Reply Thu 28 Feb, 2008 10:57 am
@Pythagorean,
It is part of a collection of my writing inspired by Paulo Coelho view of life and Nietzsche style of writing.
I write when I most sadest. And all my writing is pure feeling. Excuse any mistakes as I am not myself now and all i have said are ideas not thoughts!
0 Replies

Wizzy

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 05:36 am
@ltdaleadergt,
Liked it, it was good.. Kind of missing something though...
If you'd throw in a little Dostojevskij style madness in the mix it might become great, not only good Wink
Just noting it man, you can agree or dissagree with me, just noting it...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2008 10:35 am
@ltdaleadergt,
If you have only wasted twenty years of your life you are doing well because most waste it all. They can never figure out how to return to life all that life has given to them. Yet, in a sense, the object is to waste life; to not have any more of anything than you need. The only way we can cheat death is to not take anything with us or death will get it all. We don't want to die with good healthy bodies or money in the bank. We want to use up all we have and then go. I don't want too little of mind and too much of money. I hope I am cared for by loving hands because I have been generous to all. I hope I have not been ungenerous to you.
0 Replies