Poor Little Scared Kitten -- Help!

roger

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 01:10 am
We have strays at work. I don't know if feeding them helps them survive, or just attracts more. I do know it's hard to make honest cats of them once they've been on the dole.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 04:12 am
can we have an update???
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 10:07 am
Oh, hello all!

I have been putting out kitten food and water. Both disappear, but not clear who's behind that. I bet lots of critters would happily eat kitten food.

E.G. and sozlet have each reported occasional meowing, I haven't actually seen him again yet. Weather has been warmer, thank goodness.

Will let you guys know if I actually catch sight of him or maybe even make contact.

My thinking right now is that he has a coterie of locals who give him food/ water/ shelter, and he makes his rounds.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 01:25 pm
That'll end up being one fat stray!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 03:39 pm
roger wrote:
I do know it's hard to make honest cats of them once they've been on the dole.

Don't I know that, Roger!
I'm coping with one of those right now! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2003 04:13 pm
Soz, like Margo, I just read this thread all the way through. I guess Margo's post made it appear under 'new' posts.

Yes, you are a good, kind soul! Feral cats can survive pretty extreme conditions, so try not to worry too much. You've done all the right things and it now has food and shelter--more than most feral cats ever have.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 23 Nov, 2003 01:47 pm
msolga wrote:
roger wrote:
I do know it's hard to make honest cats of them once they've been on the dole.

Don't I know that, Roger!
I'm coping with one of those right now! Rolling Eyes

me too, rosie (feral) is currently stretched out full length - a good 18 - 20 inches - in my arms as I type one handed. she goes for comfort and never mind my aching arm!

i do hope it all works out soz
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 03:36 pm
Vivien

I KNOW that routine!
Comfort, comfort, comfort!
It seems we have to make up for their previous life of neglect, yes?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 03:38 pm
So how's it going with your little orphan, Soz?
Hope you're making some progress as the weather gets colder!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 05:52 pm
Well, the unfortunate truth is that your poor little scared kitten will grow up to be a feral cat. Feral cats are devastating to local wildlife populations.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:15 pm
cjhsa

Maybe not. You never know, s/he might succumb to domestication & the good life. I've seen this happen, many times!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:36 pm
I haven't seen him again since the last reported sighting. Maybe domesticated, maybe didn't make it.

Will let you know if anything further happens.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 06:38 pm
Oh, I do hope the little critter is OK, sozobe! There really wasn't anything else you could do.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 07:56 pm
MsOlga

Skipping school again, are we?? Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 10:15 pm
Not to be obnoxiously nosy, but have you two met? I have liked both of you as long as I can remember...
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:01 pm
Yes, I'm curious too!

Thanks, msolga. I'm hoping he's fine as well. Sad (Don't even know if he's a he, of course...)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Mon 24 Nov, 2003 11:56 pm
margo wrote:
MsOlga

Skipping school again, are we?? Razz

Oops, caught in the act! Shocked
Yes, I must confess, I woke this morning looking like Dracula's sister on a very bad day! Shocked Plus had the wobblies, too. Took me an hour to make the decision, but glad I did. Not in good nick, margot, let me tell you! Me & Flatty had a very nice, relaxing day, thank you very much! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:00 am
ossobuco wrote:
Not to be obnoxiously nosy, but have you two met? I have liked both of you as long as I can remember...

Are you referring to Ms margo & me, osso? If so, we ALMOST met once, but I'm sure we will. Besides I have this BIG THING about Possum the cat! Have been admiring him from afar for ages. Very Happy Anyway, if you WERE referring to us: Thank you! You say the nicest things! Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:03 am
sozobe wrote:
Thanks, msolga. I'm hoping he's fine as well. Sad (Don't even know if he's a he, of course...)

soz

I have this sneaking feeling you haven't seen the last of him - or her! I hope so, anyway. You'd be just a perfect new mother for the little beastie! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2003 12:05 am
Yes, I was referring to Msolga and Margo. I don't remember which of you I met online first, but am always happy to see both of you, and have wondered before if you had met, having no sense at all of the difficulty of that. I do think of you as two different people, but sometimes at the same time...
0 Replies