@boagie,
Sure. Of course. Discuss at will.
boagie

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 06:48 pm
@Airlight,
Airlight wrote:
Sure. Of course. Discuss at will.

Airlight,Smile

I do not mean to be rude but is this an attempt to discuss Buddhism or Pantheism? I am trying to discover your intent.
Justin

Reply Thu 24 May, 2007 11:16 pm
@Airlight,
I'll step out there a bit. This is a question that makes you think a little. Technically we are in the image of God. Thought and creativity come first, then manifestation follow. So, we are co-creators with God and we must dare to discover that within ourselves. Although I'm not sure which direction you were taking this post, that is my final answer.
0 Replies

Airlight

Reply Fri 25 May, 2007 01:46 pm
@boagie,
Boagie-

No offense taken and I wasn't attempting to discuss anything. I like the quote and so I posted it. If I was trying to discuss it I would placed it else where other than in the quotes. Like most quotes I left it for one to ponder and that's the intent. Discussion is fine too, of course.

It's pertinent to me and this forum as it is, to me at least, another way of looking at Russell. You have to decentrate considerably to look through your eyes as GOD gazing upon GOD or concentrate considerably. A lot of it depends on what you think GOD means to begin with but also it suggests that a mediocore approach will not accomplish this.

Russell says something to the effect of you are always walking into a mirror of yourself. He says there is only Light. So with that in mind I view GOD as all there IS and attempting to recognize that moment to moment is one of the points of Russell's work (again to me at least) - hence - Dare to look through your as GOD gazing upon GOD.

Looking through you eyes has the connotation that the observer is inside as in the Kingdom of Heaven is within. To me the quote is Russellian eventhough he apparently would never say you are GOD because you are not the idea but merely the representation, reproduction,...the image, as Justin says, and the idea is GOD and GOD alone IS.

Looking through your eyes as GOD gazing upon GOD is a tool to help one climb out of the jungle and make this realization - that GOD alone IS - The Universal One.

Hope that helps.

Love One Another-

p.s. I'm still looking for the spell check and just poking my head around to see what's here. I guess it's off to the races now...btw where is the spell check?
Imprismed

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 07:34 pm
@Airlight,
Bit of a Koan, and probably as effective a vehicle for expansion of consciousness as any discussion, so long as it is pondered a long, long time.

1)The idea of empathy with GOD, and how does that empathy feel?
2)Can you overcome your fear of blasphemy, to the point of the acceptance of the death of your soul itself, which probably is the fundamental fear of mankind.. Like a story out of Campbell's "Hero with a Thousand Faces" which I have been so kind as to cut and paste here for you...

Quote:
The Prince took his name from the five weapons he bore: poisoned arrows, sword, spear, and club, and his own body trained in martial arts. With these he expected to slay the Ogre who, in turn, took his name, as one might imagine, from the thick hair all over his body into which stuck any weapon used against him. Five-weapons, upon finding the Ogre, smote him with his arrows. They stuck in the hair. Then he tried his fabulous sword. It too stuck. One by one the weapons, including, of course, the Prince's hands, feet, and head, got stuck fast in the Ogre's hair. But the Prince was undaunted.
Hesitating before eating him up, the Ogre asked the youth, "Why are you not afraid?"
"Why should I be afraid? Death is certain in every life," declared the Prince. "Besides I carry in my belly a thunderbolt for a weapon you cannot withstand. If you eat me up, the thunderbolt will blow you to pieces. And, in that case, we'll both perish."

"And so it goes"
-K.V.
Irishcop

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 11:12 pm
@Imprismed,
If you gaze at God, as God, then (I think) you look upon I AM.
"I AM" is simple, but try to describe that in the sphere of its complete extrapolated context.
Airlight

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 10:46 am
@Irishcop,
boagie

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 01:35 am
@Airlight,
"All words are qualification and/or limitations." Joseph Campbell
Irishcop

Reply Tue 5 Jun, 2007 06:19 am
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
"All words are qualification and/or limitations." Joseph Campbell