Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 09:48 am
There was a coffee shop frequented by a man named Rudi M. Mimicus. He had spent his childhood memorizing atlases, encyclopedias, dictionaries, and a free birth control pamphlet. He never went anywhere but the coffee shop. As Rudi's boyish charms faded, his expositions grew more condescending.

One day a retired traveler, Miles Gloriosus, came to the coffee shop. He had been all over the world, but had seen none of it. However, he made up for it by bragging. Soon, He and Rudi pretended to engaged one another in a verbal-one-uppance-conversation-simulator, or VOUCS.

While they amused themselves, the world spun around them. The coffee shop became the gateway to Hell, but they didn't notice the new sign.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,212 • Replies: 4
No top replies

salima

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 10:35 am
@chad3006,
deja vu...i thought i posted a comment to this: "did you mean to say Lord Hee Haw?"
i think i just entered the twilight zone...
0 Replies

chad3006

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 10:57 am
@chad3006,
You probably had deja vu because everything I write is so similar, and no I meant Lord Haw Haw the Nazi propagandist.
GoshisDead

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 10:58 am
@chad3006,
A very enjoyable little snippet. I would like to see it fleshed out into a dialogue.
0 Replies

salima

Reply Thu 27 May, 2010 07:00 pm
@chad3006,
holy smoke, it was william joyce! i should have googled first...

what you write is similar in style, and it is a style i like, but the subjects have a wide variety IMHO...
0 Replies