Cosmic Experiences From Basic Realities

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 12:10 am
[CENTER]Thought Structures: Inducing Cosmic Experiences From Basic Realities[/CENTER]

[CENTER]'Process experience', my Whiteheadean mutation, can mean "entering" reality in "finite, measured delays" through focus and meditation.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]When an identity of natural physical reality is recursively, mechanically and properly 'reversed' into its ultimate generative origins and then factored back into its true identity in the same finite, fixed units, in their proper excruciatingly detailed succession by the powers of the mind then, a possible 'transformation' may occur. That is the human mind and an object, or event can become meaningful compliments. As in a sort of providential occassion.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]This transformation has Platonic roots and it might be called 'ascension to forms'.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]This ascension is illustrated by a passage about the essence of the metaphysics of Plotinus: [/CENTER]

[CENTER]"It is only possible to make things by thinking them, and to think things as a maker by being them."[/CENTER]

[CENTER]The mind may reveal ontological grounds through a retention of the excrutiatingly detailed succession of physical and mental movements or changes in an experience. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]So we focus or meditate to retain as in a 'chain' every single mental and physical 'act' usually within an enviornment which is shrouded or enclosed by great silences of nature as a sort of controlled environment. This meditation over time is called a thought structure.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]When a natural identity or object is broken down fine enough there comes a point when the constituents are not recognizable viz any worldly comparison. These constituent fragments are empirical abstractions called monads. Empiricism in this form is therefore the natural, unmediated mathematical articulation of the real. In other words if we refit the fragments back into their place in order to reconstruct an identifiable object we are doing natural, or existential mathematics.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]When the mind takes these abstractions and keeps transforming them back into identities there exists the possibility that these identities once ascended or entered into may exist as "bodies of the mind". That by knowing the identities the mind gains ontological status. That the mind 'actuates' itself via a meditation upon empirical logic. Similiar to an automobile as an extension of the natural human body.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]We usually 'ascend' into the nature of an environment in a sort of static progression as the movement dictated by natural math shows its true independent intelligibility by a unification of mind and environment. A gripping of ontological grounds. There will be no difference between external and internal. "The ground is my body, my mind moves in what moves the world." [/CENTER]

[CENTER]If we recognize that the identity of the object is the same as the explicit coherence of the object, and that due to the infusion of intelligible abstractions throughout the body of the object, its natural articulation will then eventually be in a meaningful correspondence with the mind. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]The identity of an object is always the same as the full coherence of it. Objects or events do not 'end' in mystery they end in representations. Within the fully coherent articulation of an identity idealism is the rule.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Thoughts gain ontological status by representing the complete logic of an event, when other bodies move in correspondece with mind.[/CENTER]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,023 • Replies: 12
No top replies

perplexity

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 04:37 am
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean wrote:
[CENTER]When an identity of natural physical reality is recursively, mechanically and properly 'reversed' into its ultimate generative origins and then factored back into its true identity in the same finite, fixed units, in their proper excruciatingly detailed succession by the powers of the mind then, a possible 'transformation' may occur..... [/CENTER]

Frank Sinatra used to say the same but much more succinctly:

Do be do be do.

For those then who find the one too complex and the other too simple, the more assimilable version of the problem is what happens when we do?

If we believe that free will exerts an effect, then we are also obliged to admit that it is not then possible to study anything with an absolute objectivity, because that effect per se affects the result; the process is creative.

--- RH.

Electra phil

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 06:13 am
@perplexity,
perplexity wrote:
Frank Sinatra used to say the same but much more succinctly:

Do be do be do.

For those then who find the one too complex and the other too simple, the more assimilable version of the problem is what happens when we do?

If we believe that free will exerts an effect, then we are also obliged to admit that it is not then possible to study anything with an absolute objectivity, because that effect per se affects the result; the process is creative.

--- RH.

Sounds like Aspect, Bohm and Pribram to me.

Pribram indicates that the human potential is embodied in the implicit.

If it is true that all knowledge is one, as indicated here in this thread -- then Sinatra surely applies.
Pythagorean

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 09:51 pm
@Electra phil,
perplexity, why do you so viciously mock my creative writing post? You are depraved.

If you have nothing nice or constructive or intelligent to say, why say anything at all?

In America we don't, as a rule, mock other people's attempts at creative writing.

Are all the British people so malicious? Or is it just you?

I don't see why anyone should make any serious attempt at creative writing with you around to vandalize it with hateful and meaningless commentary.

After mocking my post you have tried to bring the subject back to your precious 'subjectivity'. But my post had nothing to do with your 'subjectivity' Buddist nonsense.

As a matter of fact you don't even have a good idea of your own views. You are not a sceptic or a subjectivist, you are in reality merely a Narcissist who dwells in philosophical darkness.

You have violated the basic ettiquette here, as far as I'm concerned.

When people are in earnest in their writing it shouldn't mean that it's time for perplexity to step in and cravenly shove their honesty down their ******* throat...

I would warn anyone who feels the urge to make an honest post on this forum NOT to do so unless etiquette can be established.

JUSTIN, I think you should tell perplexity that creative writing posts are not to be meaninglessly and irrationally mocked and vandalized. Either that or tell people who wish to write something honest that they should be prepared to be contemptuously scorned and humiliated, without rhyme or reason, by perplexity on these forums.
0 Replies

Pythagorean

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 10:10 pm
@Electra phil,
Electra wrote:
Sounds like Aspect, Bohm and Pribram to me.

Pribram indicates that the human potential is embodied in the implicit.

I was influenced by Bohm's concept of 'the implicate order'.

But I have since replaced 'the implicate order' with Plato's and Whitehead's concept of immanence.

Immanence is a cosmological theory which means that 'power' abides within the nature of things. It is often contrasted with imposition, which means that order in nature is imposed from outside or by an external mover *usually God*.

-- Pythagorean
Electra phil

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 04:52 am
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean wrote:
I was influenced by Bohm's concept of 'the implicate order'.

But I have since replaced 'the implicate order' with Plato's and Whitehead's concept of immanence.

Immanence is a cosmological theory which means that 'power' abides within the nature of things. It is often contrasted with imposition, which means that order in nature is imposed from outside or by an external mover *usually God*.

-- Pythagorean

Well your writing is getting down to the nature of reality in many ways. There are several things that have had an influence on my view of this, such as Buddhism and the idea of Void and Form. I also am interested in string theory and holographic mind theories.

I have directly experienced this reality as likened to a hologram, but the reality of form hits me between the eyes every morning when I awaken.

I studied with a Native American medicine man who sent me into meditation on the emptiness and silence in nature. He kept indicating if I did so the universe would disappear. There have been only brief flashes of this truth. Nothing I could discuss in any meaningful kind of fashion.

I have witnessed also the 'personality' is a fictitious character that is built (in a delusion?) apart from God. I have felt frequently as of late that my body and brain stand inside a kind of virtual reality and that cosnciousness is much like water or wind that goes right through it. It has been a simultaneous experience of death and immortality.
perplexity

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:10 am
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean wrote:
... which means that 'power' abides within the nature of things.

Just like the basic reality of Frank Sinatra:

"When I sing I believe".

It is this very nature which means that it is more moving to be laughed at, than all the wisdom of the Bible.

Do be do be do be do.

--- RH.
0 Replies

perplexity

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 06:29 am
@Electra phil,
Electra wrote:

I studied with a Native American medicine man who sent me into meditation on the emptiness and silence in nature. He kept indicating if I did so the universe would disappear. There have been only brief flashes of this truth. Nothing I could discuss in any meaningful kind of fashion.

Never mind the the brief flashes, they'll know that if they've known it themselves, consider the long term.

The Universe disappearing is what has happened with the continuing meditation of metaphysical science: The more intensely they look at it the less substantial it becomes, the more uncertain it is.

This also happens with the social perspective, the more meditative one is, long term, the more the conditioned universe evaporates; you might say that with a cosmic perspective it gets to be hard to care.

It is all but impossible to explain this to some people, but I have found it increasingly difficult to distinguish beteen friend and foe. When people say "friend" I am at a loss to apprehend what they expect of it, so I go off to play chess to refresh the sense of competition.

--- RH.
0 Replies

Pythagorean

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 07:59 am
@Electra phil,
Electra wrote:

I have directly experienced this reality as likened to a hologram, but the reality of form hits me between the eyes every morning when I awaken.

Well, waking up in the morning, I have found, can be a painful experience, especially when contrasted with going to bed which can be so pleasurable. I wonder about your dreaming activity though? Dreams can, of course, sometimes alert us to underlying or hidden things, as such things which may be important to us in some way or another.

Electra wrote:

Sorry that didn't work out for you. But it's an interesting story nonetheless.

Electra wrote:

I have witnessed also the 'personality' is a fictitious character that is built (in a delusion?) apart from God. I have felt frequently as of late that my body and brain stand inside a kind of virtual reality and that cosnciousness is much like water or wind that goes right through it. It has been a simultaneous experience of death and immortality.

Now that is interesting and rare and I would like to hear a lot more. I would strongly urge you to elaborate and develop some of the elements of this into your own thread.

The writing process has been for me an effective way to reflect. It can be powerful. It involves meditating on the important things.

I usually pick the most fascinating thing i can think of and elaborate the f*** out of it. Gives me strong vision, which feeds me and feels good.

Sincerely,
The Pythagorean
Justin

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 08:06 am
@Pythagorean,
Let's all take it easy, this is a creative writing forum.
0 Replies

Electra phil

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 09:07 am
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean-

I am sure we will pick this up again at some other juncture. Today, I am feeling beyond words, concepts and ideas.

Your conversation is very much appreciated--more than you know.
Pythagorean

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 12:06 pm
@Electra phil,
Electra wrote:
Pythagorean-

I am sure we will pick this up again at some other juncture. Today, I am feeling beyond words, concepts and ideas.

Your conversation is very much appreciated--more than you know.

Hey Electra, relax. The discovery of truthful things should also be pleasurable.

Take your time. Inspiration is important and we can't be inspired all of the time. We must wait for the gods of inspiration to visit us. So don't worry, I understand.

But I still think that some of your ideas are interesting and rare and worthy of elaboration.

--Pythagorean
Electra phil

Reply Thu 16 Nov, 2006 02:15 pm
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean wrote:
Hey Electra, relax. The discovery of truthful things should also be pleasurable.

Take your time. Inspiration is important and we can't be inspired all of the time. We must wait for the gods of inspiration to visit us. So don't worry, I understand.

But I still think that some of your ideas are interesting and rare and worthy of elaboration.

--Pythagorean

[CENTER]http://www.pathofdreams.net/meeyes1.jpg[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Pythagorean[/CENTER]

[CENTER]THANK YOU.
You are a great friend on my journey of Truth.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]XX[/CENTER]
0 Replies