Review of Dawkins by Terry Eagleton

Pythagorean

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 10:54 pm
@boagie,
boagie, you rascal, you didn't notice that I put a question mark next to the exclamation mark. As in:

slaughter 'em!?

Means I'm only half Muzlim:cool:
boagie

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 11:30 pm
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean wrote:
boagie, you rascal, you didn't notice that I put a question mark next to the exclamation mark. As in:

slaughter 'em!?

Means I'm only half Muzlim:cool:

Pythagorean, Sure there is hope for you yet,you still could be saved exclamation marks and all.Smile good night to you,tomorow is another day!
Boagie

I am headed for the light on God's back porch!!!!
Pythagorean

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 01:36 am
@boagie,
boagie wrote:
Pythagorean, Sure there is hope for you yet,you still could be saved exclamation marks and all.Smile good night to you,tomorow is another day!
Boagie

Yea, assuredly. For tomorrow I shall need saving too.

--Pythagorean
boagie

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 07:46 am
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean,

I am sorry but I seem to have sidetracked somehow this thread,I meant only to point out the polarity between the rational and the irrational.I am well aware the irrational aspect is dominant in our psychologies.That only makes the works of people like Dawkins that much more valuable.Let see if we cannot get the dialogue to read more invitingly to those who might entertain joining in.Any suggestions Pythagorean? Or,we could throw a few Christians to the proverbial lions--why I am getting excited!! stimulating isn't it!

I am headed for the light on God's back porch!!!!!!!
Pythagorean

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 10:31 am
@boagie,
I removed my mistake.

Thank you.

--Pythagorean
boagie

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 11:03 am
@Pythagorean,
the Pythagorean, Well,I must say you have quite a burdon,more issues than I am up to dealing with.Do you wish to discuss anything which might prove fruitful? By the way,I am pro-American!

I am headed for the light on God's back porch!!!
Pythagorean

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 12:11 pm
@boagie,
Thought we were trying to discuss. I didn't mean to discuss-t you

Maybe we could clarify this one point though...if you feel up to it.

Perhaps you could explain what you meant boagie when you wrote the following:

"Christianity in American drew first blood,quite frankly I am glad they did,they wish to be a political force.Well,now they shall be treated as any other power hungry group serving its own self-interests."

I am baffled by that one.

Sincerely,
Pythagorean
boagie

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 01:21 pm
@Pythagorean,
Pythagorean.

My apology,I guess I was not clear.At any rate I was talking about Christianities assault on science and reason and the reaction to it like Dawkins book.The suggestion of throwing the Christians to the proverbal lions was NOT intended literally. I however find your name calling childish and hateful,so the floor is all yours my young friend.
Pythagorean

Reply Mon 8 Jan, 2007 01:36 pm
@boagie,
Sorry about that.

-Pythagorean
0 Replies